• Hello,

This is very useful, thanks for this script.
    I have one question, how to edit resize frame?

Thanks,
    Max
  • Thanks Max!

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. What do you mean by resize frame?

- Rob
  • Nice little app ... always drove me crazy how new layers were NOT put in at the playhead position.  Even after years and years of using AE, I still expect it to behave that way.  Same goes for the layer number/order (to a slightly lesser extent ... for me).  So THANK YOU for this ... what a great time-saver!  Nice job.
  • Ok, spoke a little too soon, heh-heh.  Encountered a few problems actually ...

The biggest one is, I can't make the utility's panel the minimum height, because the type ("New:") dropdown refuses to appear overtop of the panel below it.  It appears as a white box and everything below is obscured.  In fact, when I have it overtop of my Comp/timeline window, after clicking on it once, and it exhibits that behavior, it then no longer works at all.

I also noticed the add at play header does not work if it is the first layer you adding to a comp.  Is this normal behavior for the utility?  

Any idea what I can do to fix the above.  I'm using CS 5.5.
  • Hey Tim,

Let me take a look at 5.5 and see what I can do. I think that the dropdown behavior is a UI problem in CS5.5, but let me check and get back to you.

- Rob
  • OK, looking at other windows with the same dropdown lists, I'm pretty sure this is a weird default CS5.5 display issue. If I collapse the panel height, the other options disappear, or appear above the panel. It's inconsistent, which makes me think it's a bug. I think you're going to have to give the script a little more vertical space to accommodate this behavior, but I will continue to try and find a definitive answer.

- Rob
  • Sorry, I'd like to said...  image
    Max
  • Sorry, I'd like to said...  
    Max
    The link you posted is broken, please use the file upload feature to upload your image.
  • Sorry. Link is here!
  • Max, you should be able to place your cursor in the bottom right corner and click and drag. The cursor changes shapes like the attached.

What version of After Effects are you using?
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 10.31.25 AM.png
    765 x 204 - 47K
  • unable to execute script at line 124. Unable to Create Temporary image file

error messsage AE Restart!
    help me!!
  • What version of After Effects are you running?
  • unable to execute script at line 124. Unable to Create Temporary image file
    Can you check to see if you have the "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" pref turned on? If not can you turn it on and see if you still get this error?

Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network.png
    747 x 481 - 150K
  • "OK, looking at other windows with the same dropdown lists, I'm pretty sure this is a weird default CS5.5 display issue ..."
    Thanks, Rob I appreciate it.  Yeah, sounds like it though based on your input.  Bummer.  If you do come across a "fix", please let me know.

• When you create a new layer, time marker want to know the script made ​​in conformity
    Please help
  • When you create a new layer, time marker want to know the script made ​​in conformityPlease help
    Can you include a screenshot of the error?
  • wehn I click "add", show me the AE "Please select a composition"..... Can you help me?
  • Stephen, 

That should appear only if there is not a composition open. If you have a comp open and you are getting this message, then there is a bug. Can you check that, and if that's not the problem, give me the steps you took so I can recreate the problem? Thanks.
  • The Comp was opened... I made the same steps like you in the demovieo.
  • The Comp was opened... I made the same steps like you in the demovieo.
    Please open a support ticket for direct help and include a screencast showing the steps you are taking (use this free tool to create the screencast)
  • Hey,

I've been receiving "Error: No Comp Selected" Message, although there is a Komp.
    I am using Version AE CC and Version 13.2.0.49

Thanks,
    c.

• Something wrong with new layer duration - only 1s and only from start. Empty line when playhead over 1 s.
  • Mike,

That's a strange thing. What version of AE are you using? Also, can you provide the sateps you took, so I can try to recreate the issue? Thanks.

- R