• Great plugin - easy to use and a great effect! Thanks!
  • Great plugin - easy to use and a great effect! Thanks!
    Awesome! Thanks :)
  • Hi Jacob, does it work with shape layers ?
  • Hi Jacob, does it work with shape layers ?
    As long as you precompose it first it will work with anything :)
  • Hi Jacob,
    Just purchased Bend Layers for the most recent update of AE CC (12.2.1.5). The script only precomposes my layer and doesn't create any additional layers or a nullController. Are you experiencing this issue with the new update for AE?
  • Hi Jacob,
    Just purchased Bend Layers for the most recent update of AE CC (12.2.1.5). The script only precomposes my layer and doesn't create any additional layers or a nullController. Are you experiencing this issue with the new update for AE?
    hmmm... I don't see it here but I'm atm I'm away and only have access to a mac but in a few days I will be back home and have a PC to try it out with.
  • Any fix to the script for mac users. Using AE CS6 and AE CC and it only creates a pre comp. Please hurry would really like to use this script!

UPDATE:

Got it working, check the layer to be 3D Bam! Awesome script!
  • Just purchased Bend Layers...running CS6 on a PC. The script only precomposes my layer and doesn't create any additional layers or a nullController....
    Seriously...whats up? Can somebody reply to this?
    My deadline is looming.....
  • Just purchased Bend Layers...running CS6 on a PC. The script only precomposes my layer and doesn't create any additional layers or a nullController....
    Please make sure your layers are all 3D layers.
    Like Lloyd said, make sure the layers are in 3D. I will release an update later today to fix this problem.
  • Is there anyway to use this plug-in on a 2-sided layer?
  • Good idéa. I have added it to my todo-list. It's a long list so it might take a while but it's there :)
  • Loving bend layers, I've used it on 2 jobs now.  A couple of small suggestions:  
    Could you automate shy switches for all of the precomps please.  I don't really need to see these, just the master controller.  Also it automatically enables audio for all the precomps.  If I have audio on on my master layer then it would be amplified exponentially for all of the precomps. perhaps checkboxes for 'shying' precomps and audio would do the trick.

my 2 cents.

cheers,
    simon

• True that! Added to my todo. Thanks for the sugestions :)
  • This looks awesome but I wanted to make sure it would work for pages in a book I'm making.  I downloaded the "try" version but when I try to run the script I get this error:  

Unable to execute script at line 1. Expected: ;

Any thoughts?

• This looks awesome but I wanted to make sure it would work for pages in a book I'm making.  I downloaded the "try" version but when I try to run the script I get this error:  

Unable to execute script at line 1. Expected: ;

Any thoughts?

I'm unable to get the error you're getting. Can you open a ticket here and from there I'll help you directly!
  • Hello,

Just bought your wonderful script.
    Can you suggest how to use it with double sides
  • Hello,

Just bought your wonderful script.
    Can you suggest how to use it with double sides
    Hi! It's on my todo-list. I'm looking into how it would be possible in the most easy way. Can't really tell when it would be possible to code and release
  • Hi, is it possible that the bended layer casts some shadows?
    Thanks.
  • Hi, is it possible that the bended layer casts some shadows?
    Thanks.

Hi! Yes, if you enable shadowns on your light the bended layer should cast shadows
  • Can you add a feature for bending layers diagonally... thank you...
  • hey, is it possible to keyframe the "amount of bend" slider? When I do so, the layer does not bend unfortunately 
  • Hey, is this plugin still compatible with AE 2023?
  • Hey, is this plugin still compatible with AE 2023?

yes it should work no problem in 2023. If you have any issues, please open a ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi. 
    I have been testing it today and its great for a lot of what I need it for. I do mock ups for big screens that have bends and to save time using AE and not C4D, There is only one question before I buy. Can you change where the bend starts? When I try and I think I got the tutorials it always starts from the left of the comp. But often the bend on the screens I use starts like 70% to the right. Can I move the point where it starts to bend?