pt_EffectSearch
  • Hi Paul,

great script! What escapes me though is, how does one search for missing effects? I'd be glad to have this option for cleaning up ancient projects with lots of comps.

Thanks,
    Michael / downloops.com
  • Hi Michael, I'm afraid there's currently no way to search for missing effects. The best you can do is set it to find only third party effects and look for the ones that you know you haven't got installed.

• Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply.
    Hopefully this will be possible to incorporate some day.

Your script is a great assistant nonetheless.
  • Needing a quick question answered if you can?
    Is there any possible way to open up an AE project with a specific or even all effects disabled?
    There is one effect that AE keeps saying is the reason it crashes my AE project upon opening?
    Just wondering if it is possible to circumvent the culprit effect somehow?

Thanks,
    Derick

• Hi Derick, EffectSearch can't help as it only works on projects that are already open. But you could try hold down the shift key while opening a project to prevent any of the comp viewers from opening, which may help if it crashes when trying to do the first comp update. Similarly, having Caps Lock enabled will prevent the comp viewer from updating. Or you could uninstall the effect before opening so it opens with a missing effect.