Multi Replacer
  • Hi leon leo

Yes the Multi Replacer can.
    On your project, remove the keys from the scale.
    And the replacement occurs in alphabetical(Project Panel). Item A to first selected layer, item B to second selected layer ...

Best Regards
    Nataworkstudio

• Here's how it looks
    image.png
    831 x 827 - 250K
  • Thanks for the answer. This is not what I need. If I delete the keys. That sense generally is lost replacement. What's the problem with the keys? Thank you.
  • leon leo said:
    Thanks for the answer. This is not what I need. If I delete the keys. That sense generally is lost replacement. What's the problem with the keys? Thank you.
    Download the latest version and try again, now it should work
  • Hi, I have multiple PNG files in the project I want to replace with one single file, will this work?
  • Hi lestyn Lloyd
    No, it will not work.

Best Regards
    Nataworkstudio

• cycle/random replace

hello 
    Nataworkstudio

I hope you're doing well.
    thank you for a helpful script "Multi Replacer"
    can you add the ability to cycle or random replace comps from project to the script?

I'm creating a theater with hundreds of seats. and we have a library of people we shot sitting on a green screen.
    it would be great if I can randomly replace some placeholders with the library I have using your script Multi Replacer.

thank you
  • Hey it would be awesome if you could add a feature which would do this but with comps and comp layers that is more than 5.  
  • Hi guys
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    We are currently working on other projects. In the future, if we have time, we will add these features.

Best regards
    NataWorkStudio
  • This is very nice and lovely to have a quick import feature. Only grip is for the smart photo filter needs to put the top of the photo not the bottom. Alot of my photos with the smart filter  does capture the face but the lower body. 
  • I have bought this and is really awesome and very useful and helpful, because it saves you a lot of time when you need to replace LOTS of images of a project where you would spend many hours replacing each one of the images by hand one by one, this script make it really VERY EASY to change all of them at once in just a FEW SECONDS !!!!!

And it would not be useful, if it would just import them, but you can optionally decide that it will automatically scale and fit each one to the composition size 

If you want to replace the image of a hundred placeholders project, you would need to open manually each one of the placeholders, go and select the image, drag and drop into the composition, scale it, adjust it and then close composition, and the do it ALL these steps again 100 times!! Very tiresome, awkward, horribly boring and time consuming. BUT with this tool all is simple, very fast and very easy to use in a few seconds

So you could have a template with lots of playholders or simple images, and this tool will let you use that template multiple times easily as you can now replace the content very easy and fast automatically 

The only thing that you must take care and prepare is the order of the images to be imported as they will replaced in the same order as they are in your source folder.

And on top of all, I had a problem with this, and contacted the author and he answered fast and was able to fix it right and so the support is also very good 

So, I surely recommend this for anyone that may need this tool

Thanks a million to the author for making this tool.  
  • can it replace shape layers?
  • Not bad if AE initially knew how to do it himself. The script is really worthwhile. Only there is a minus, it is oriented to the file name, not the layer. You cannot use one file (this is more convenient) you will have to insert each file with a new name. Can this be bypassed somehow? $20 that saves hundreds
  • Hi Zachary James

Please open support ticket.

Cheers,
    Nataworkstudio
  • Hi Walter Lee

No, you can't

Cheers,
    Nataworkstudio
  • Hi Jake Owl

Could you explain it in more detail?

Cheers,
    Nataworkstudio
  • Hi Claudio Rivera Redrado

Thank you for the good review, I'm glad you liked this script.

Cheers,
    Nataworkstudio
  • The script doesn't appear to be able to select multiple images any more? I shift click a bunch and it only imports 1 image. Any suggestions?
  • Hi Benjamin 

Please open support ticket.

Cheers,
    Nataworkstudio