pt_SearchAndEditBundle 2
  • any chance of having a sort by or search by layer number !!
    I have multiple precomps with text all in the same stacking order but different content to search through :)

brill plugin though..
  • Hi Ron, I'm certainly open to that idea...although it sounds a little niche! You can already search comments so if you'd set up some kind of comment tags before creating duplicate comps (assuming you did to that way) then that would work.
    Having a sort by layer seems less weird than searching for layer numbers so that's most likely the approach I'd choose. So just to be clear, you want the search (or subsequent sort) to show all the layer 1's first (in order of comp name), then layer 2's etc?
  • Hi Ron, just to follow up, pt_TextEdit v2.6 has been released and has a shiny new 'sort by layer' option!
  • TextEdit 2.7 appears to have an issue on M1 mac's when adding fonts to the font dropdown. The prompt to type in the font shows up but the app retains focus and you can't actually type anything. If you do you just see the app reacting to shortcuts in the background.

is this a known bug? is there a workaround? I have bulk font updates I need to do.
  • Hi Matthew, are you sure you're using TextEdit v2.7? This issue was fixed in that version. You can download the latest version from 'My Downloads & Licenses' on your account page. If you're still seeing the issue please open a support ticket.

The best way to add fonts to the list though is simply doing a search in a project that contains text layers using those fonts, which will populate the font list automatically.