• Nice! I believe the examples show it working with static images, so I am curious if it supports sequential images/videos. I assume this comment below suggests it supports sequential images, but wanted to double check.

"Use any footage or layer and update easily"
  • Nice! I believe the examples show it working with static images, so I am curious if it supports sequential images/videos. I assume this comment below suggests it supports sequential images, but wanted to double check.

"Use any footage or layer and update easily"
    Yes, it supports sequential images/videos also.

• Hi Mahmoud, I purchased this script originally from Videohive (version 1.0) but noticed I can't upgrade to version 2 because it's no longer on videohive. How can I upgrade?

Thanks
  • Hi Mahmoud, I purchased this script originally from Videohive (version 1.0) but noticed I can't upgrade to version 2 because it's no longer on videohive. How can I upgrade?

Thanks
    Hi Bill, 

Sorry you can't upgrade it, Because i removed it from videohive.
    You should purchase the new version.

Cheers,
    Mahmoud

• Huh? I certainly won't purchase your any of your scripts again then. It's the first time I've heard of having to make another purchase for an updated version of a script. I just purchased version 1.0 about a month ago. Great way to treat a customer!
  • Sorry i didn't mean to bother you,
    I meant that you can't update because it is another site, If the script remained on videohive, You would be able to update it.
    Please open a support ticket to get a discount https://aescripts.com/contact
  • Huh? I certainly won't purchase your any of your scripts again then. It's the first time I've heard of having to make another purchase for an updated version of a script. I just purchased version 1.0 about a month ago. Great way to treat a customer!
    Hi Bill,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Safy is new to our site and wasn't aware that we could offer previous owners a discount.  We will be more than happy to offer you a discount, please open a support ticket and we will take care of you.
  • Wow! .. J'étais à la recherche d'un outil comme celui-ci. Maintenant j'ai trouvé.
    Très utile.
  • Wow! .. J'étais à la recherche d'un outil comme celui-ci. Maintenant j'ai trouvé.
    Très utile.
    Merci beaucoup :)

• is it possible to add multiple image with rotating slider effect?
  • is it possible to add multiple image with rotating slider effect?

Hi,

First Method
    Put the images in the Placeholder comp
    During rotating, Make the first image to fade out (Disappears) while the second image is fading in (Appears)

Second Method
    Create two sliced boxes with the same size and position
    Rotate the first box and scale down it till disappearing during Rotating the second box and scaling it from 0 to 100 (appearing)
    Watch this example
    http://youtu.be/UWuawl-UFh4

• Hello,
    Are all of the used expressions universalized ?
    When I try to univerlize them with the L Alvarez 2.0.2 script, I got houndred of errors...
  • Hello,
    Are all of the used expressions universalized ?
    When I try to univerlize them with the L Alvarez 2.0.2 script, I got houndred of errors...

Hi Yann,
    I referred to the controls by its index, So you don't need to universalize them.
    You just need to rename the Color Control to anything else, Ex."Color Control 1" .

• Thank you Mahmoud
  • Hi Mahmoud,
    I just purchased Sliced Box in Dec. 2013, and I see there is an update 1 month later.
    Do I have to re-purchase this to get the updates? Thanks for your reply.

• Hi Mahmoud,
    I just purchased Sliced Box in Dec. 2013, and I see there is an update 1 month later.
    Do I have to re-purchase this to get the updates? Thanks for your reply.

Hi David,
    You don't have to re-purchase, just download the update.
  • Hello,
    I wonder if there are any more in-depth tutorials than the one with no audio on Youtube? I'd like to see a step by step tut. about how to accomplish these different effects, best practices etc.
  • Hello,
    I wonder if there are any more in-depth tutorials than the one with no audio on Youtube? I'd like to see a step by step tut. about how to accomplish these different effects, best practices etc.
    Hi Duncan,
    Soon ,I will make another tutorial.
    Also some presets will be available for downloading in the next update.
  • I´m experimenting with sliced box version 2.5, a plugin for after
    effect. When I apply Sliced Box to a text layer in AE CS6, everything
    seams to work well. But when I apply it to a similar text layer in AE
    CC, the text will not be sliced.

Is there any known bug in CC or sliced box 2.5? Did anybody observe the same problem?

Thanks for your reply.
  • I´m experimenting with sliced box version 2.5, a plugin for after
    effect. When I apply Sliced Box to a text layer in AE CS6, everything
    seams to work well. But when I apply it to a similar text layer in AE
    CC, the text will not be sliced.

Is there any known bug in CC or sliced box 2.5? Did anybody observe the same problem?

Thanks for your reply.
    Hi Theo,
    Can you please open a support ticket and upload the project file.
  • love sliced box and it came in very handy on a recent project, with a few caveats. i would really like to see an updated tutorial - with audio explanation if possible - for the current version that has the "SB Pseudo Effect" and its possibilities (and limitations.) i found myself in several situations on a project where i needed to stack several versions of the same sliced box with different images, and was frustrated when i realized that i couldn't just do one, copy it and swap the image. to make it work i would have to slice them all individually and copy-paste all my keyframing. i assume this is due to the use of expressions in the script and the way you used naming conventions. a way to get around this would have saved me a lot of time. in this same project i also found that if i added a number of boxes and then inserted one lower in the layer stack it would "break" the expressions and render the upper layers inactive. after some hair-pulling and trial-and-error i developed a workflow that eliminated these problems - once i built a stack if i needed to add a box in the middle i would add it to the top and replace all of the images from the place i wanted the new image to the top one. luckily this didn't take all that much time due to how easy it is to swap out the base image. one thing that i think would be really handy is the ability to have images mapped to all of the planes, not just the front. and i would also like to be able to do a sequential move - say a sequential rotation on the x axis - that would resolve back to a complete image once it had gone 360 degrees. i have not tried doing this without the "SB Pseudo Effect" option checked and all controls exposed.
    thanks for a cool piece of code!
    best
    b
  • Hi All. Anyone building a preset onn this awesome script!!!???
  • love sliced box and it came in very handy on a recent project, with a few caveats. i would really like to see an updated tutorial - with audio explanation if possible - for the current version that has the "SB Pseudo Effect" and its possibilities (and limitations.) i found myself in several situations on a project where i needed to stack several versions of the same sliced box with different images, and was frustrated when i realized that i couldn't just do one, copy it and swap the image. to make it work i would have to slice them all individually and copy-paste all my keyframing. i assume this is due to the use of expressions in the script and the way you used naming conventions. a way to get around this would have saved me a lot of time. in this same project i also found that if i added a number of boxes and then inserted one lower in the layer stack it would "break" the expressions and render the upper layers inactive. after some hair-pulling and trial-and-error i developed a workflow that eliminated these problems - once i built a stack if i needed to add a box in the middle i would add it to the top and replace all of the images from the place i wanted the new image to the top one. luckily this didn't take all that much time due to how easy it is to swap out the base image. one thing that i think would be really handy is the ability to have images mapped to all of the planes, not just the front. and i would also like to be able to do a sequential move - say a sequential rotation on the x axis - that would resolve back to a complete image once it had gone 360 degrees. i have not tried doing this without the "SB Pseudo Effect" option checked and all controls exposed.
    thanks for a cool piece of code!
    best
    b

Hi Bruce,
    Thanks for your feedback, I will update the script as soon as possible Considering your notes.
    Mahmoud
  • excellent, i look forward to checking it out. client loved the result, btw. went over big.
  • I have found a problem using it with After Effects CC 2014 (2014.1.1), this error specifically: http://cl.ly/image/172y3r3j1l0s
  • I have found a problem using it with After Effects CC 2014 (2014.1.1), this error specifically: http://cl.ly/image/172y3r3j1l0s
    Can you please open a support ticket and upload the project file.
    • What property do you animate to get the cubes to in and out on the z axis randomly? Random seed?
    • Is it possible to create a wall of cubes moving in and out randomly and subtly, as a particular cube moves forward it flips to reveal a specific image from its backside, then recedes back and flips back to reveal no image?
    • Is it possible to have a different image displayed on each box? 

Thanks in advance!

• What property do you animate to get the cubes to in and out on the z axis randomly? Random seed?
    • Is it possible to create a wall of cubes moving in and out randomly and subtly, as a particular cube moves forward it flips to reveal a specific image from its backside, then recedes back and flips back to reveal no image?
    • Is it possible to have a different image displayed on each box? 

Thanks in advance!

• Watch this video shows you how to randomize X,Y and Z position.
    • You can do this by creating two sliced boxes with the same properties and each one has a specific image.
    • It is possible to have a different image displayed on each box, You can make it manually.
    You're welcome.