• Hi!! I'm just trying Declutter. When i click on the folder structure generator it only creates folders but doesn't organize the files.I allowed scripts to modify my project in the preferences menu but it doesn't work. How can I solve this problem? Thanks
  • Hi there! I just purchased your script as a replacement for the free version of "Organize Project Assets". I was wondering if it is possible to only have folders be created if appropriate assets are found? One such example is the "AI" folder which is created even though my project does not contain any such files. I can use the "Remove Unused" button to remedy this, but it would be nice to have built in. Is this an option?
  • Hi, I like this script, it's easy to use. But the reason that kept me from buying it is that it only works on the English version of AE, on the Chinese version it only creates folders without grouping files. I would like to ask if this problem will be solved in a future version, and if so, I can buy it right away!
  • jin lu said:
    Hi, I like this script, it's easy to use. But the reason that kept me from buying it is that it only works on the English version of AE, on the Chinese version it only creates folders without grouping files. I would like to ask if this problem will be solved in a future version, and if so, I can buy it right away!
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.
  • bought the script , is AWESOME !!! , quick question , how do you use de DATA file tag , and could you make a tag that looks for a sequence of letter in the name of the file , for example any file the has _VFX  on its name....

thanks you!
  • Hey!

Could it be possible to request a couple of needed features?

'Duplicate folder structure' and 'Export/Import settings'

Without these, eventually all those folders will be lost in time, like tears in rain... :P

Thanks a lot, the script is really amazing.
  • Is this script abandoned? Last version more than two years ago now. It's great but could use some enhancements, such as grouping by name (so, say, only comps called "VFX_******" go into "Comps").
  • how to install this on mac? where to paste that folder for after effects 2022?
  • Is this script abandoned? .
    Worried you might be right, man... :\
  • Ever since I got this plugin, it's been my absolute favourite tool to use. I'm a bit of a neat freak and like to have all my AE stacks in order, this is the perfect tool for that. It also enables my team to all work using the same file organisation allowing us to pick up each others work with ease. I love pressing the button and watching the organisation take place! great plugin for anyone looking to bring order to their files. It also have a lot of customisation capabilities allowing me to tailor the structure as i need it. Thanks Rodrigo!
  • How is this installed on a mac? No .JSX file included
  • This is amazing!
  • I don't understand, whatever I do, it doesn't move the requested items into 'assets'. Whether images, music or videos, everything stays in its original place. Only the precomp, comp and solids are moved to the right place... And that's obviously what I'm looking for... I also tried to fill in the formats (jpg / png) in 'extension', but without result. The plugin is useless at the moment, for me... :(
  • Hey Rodrigo, Is there anyway I can backup my Folder Structure so I can recover it if i move to a new version or computer? Or share with my team? This would be a great feature. Thanks
  • When will this support 2023 AE
  • Ant Lsa said:
    When will this support 2023 AE

It does now. If you have an issue and need assistance , please open a support ticket.
  • Hey Rodrigo, Is there anyway I can backup my Folder Structure so I can recover it if i move to a new version or computer? Or share with my team? This would be a great feature. Thanks
    I'm also wondering about this. I saved an empty project file with my folder structure, yet, I can't see any option inside Declutter that can copy this folder structure into a new preset....  :\
  • This is a wonderful wonderful tool!

Any way we could get a feature so that if you select some items in the project bin, it only processes those items (and their folder contents)?

Sometimes my project is organized a little differently, but then I dump a bunch of new stuff in, and I want to clean it up, but not mess up the existing deviations from the structure.
  • I am trying to reduce the amount of subfolders necause windows still has a 256 character filename limit and mac collected projects often exceed that.
    DeClutter helping such a lot to remove the years of imported projects.
    I can't find a way to bypass the "Assets" folder creation and just keep everything at the top level. 
    If this is just my ignorance in using the extension, forgive me, but it will also serve as a helpful reminder for other people who don't read the manual.
  • A really great tool, Thank You!
    Three suggestions:
    - abilitiy to declut only selected project items
    - additionally to prefix and extension a wildcard string
    - as the nice „Reduce Footage Layers“-script doesn't seem to work anymore, somehow the same or a similar functionality implemented
    Cheers

• Hi is any chance to be able to export/import folder structures? 

The interface is a bit awkward as it doesn't expand which is a waste on 4K monitors. This means that sometimes by mistake you end deleting your carefully crafted folder structure. Having the choice to export/import would save this issue.

Other things that would help massively are a proper elastic layout, the ability to organise the stack structures manually (so it can be readjusted anytime) and a warning when deleting a folder structure. Because the option of deleting something by mistake and unaware, is not a good option.

Otherwise a fantastic tool.
  • Hello. I have 2 machines that i use me alone, but one each time. I installed first in osx, were i use decluter for a month. Today i will use it on the pc machine, were i already installed too. Until here are all fine. 
    But, i wanna to use the same preset i build for in osx.
    And i can't find where is saved all the config/presets i do.
    Can you help me? IS there a way to migfrate/copy dose presets from OSX to PC?
    Thank you, love your plugin.