• This is kind of saving my lunch.  We have projects that are delivered to us from editors working in premiere (on Macs). Yet every time we get something from them, the file path doesn't resolve properly (correctly on PC).  But I love how I can snag the path and paste it in the replace footage dialogue box.  This way I don't have to go hunt the path down.

One thought.

How hard would it be to update the script so the Letter mapping was more flexible (instead of C: option to change to W: or Y: or Z: etc)

Also have option to leave out certain directories in the path since Drive mapping usually jumps past \Volume\Share\

Thank you so much!
  • Hi Jason,  I'm so happy my little script is turning out to be useful to you!

Those changes don't sound very difficult.  Can you clarify what the current behavior is and how you would like it changed.  I am more familiar with the Mac platform than PC, so sometimes PC idiosyncrasies aren't as obvious to me. 

If I were to guess based on what you wrote, it sounds like the script is ignoring paths to files on drives other than C drive and you would like the script to see paths from all drives?  Is that correct, or do you need the ability to select certain drives?

And the second part, is "\Volume\Share\" something that I could safely leave out of the returned path, or would that create problems for other PC users?  I take great pains in keeping my interfaces clear of clutter, so ideally it work the same for all PC users or at least "sense" which format of path to return would be ideal without needing to configure anything.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll try to push an update