AE Global Renamer
  • Great script but I can't seem to figure out how to add the layer index number to the selected layers in an active comp. Any advice?
  • Use the [layerindex]  keyword.  Please watch the demo video to learn how to use the special keywords
  • Hello,

Can this Renamer also rename the image files?
    I've needed to rename my all my original .tga files.  AE no longer  finds these in my project, which means I need to rename them in AE.  Currently my only option is to replace each one individually.

Thanks

Jeff

• No it can't rename the image files but Immigration https://aescripts.com/immigration can help you batch replace all the image files at once
  • ignore I found the issue... it didn't rename all the paths and won't render a batch even if most of the paths are correct.

Lloyd having an issue getting the new output file path to be recognized.  Keep getting this error: "The Directory originally specified in the selected output module no longer exists"  upon render.  I have tripled check the directory spelling etc. and even gone through and clicked on the directory link inside the module and it sends me to the exact directory its saying doesn't exist.  Any insight? Thanks

-Joe  
  • I would check the permissions on that folder.  If the folder doesn't have read/write permissions you will get that error since it's not visible to the script.
  • how i can add numetrical count at the end of many comps names ? like in total commander multi-rename tool 
  • This is not possible with the current version but it's already on our feature request list for the next version.
  • Thank you for this script.

Hi Lloyd please help me.
    - 0658 - clip - (650) - (50 - movie) - Compositions
    how to move "(50 - movie)" "0658"

Best.
  • Thank you for this script
    Hi Lloyd please help me.
    Not really sure what you are asking. Can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to do and I might better be able to help you.

• Thanks for your reply.

Original text: - 0658 - clip - (650) - (50 - movie) - Compositions
    Search: - ([0-9]) - (clip) - ((650)) - ((50 - movie)) - (Compositions)
    Replace: - $1 - $3 - $2 - $5 - $4

Best.
  • The problem is that parenthesis are a special character in regular expressions so you need to escape them if you want to use them literally:

([0-9]) - (clip) - (\(650\)) - (\(50 - movie\)) - (Compositions)
  • Thank you so much Lloyd A.

Just you are amazing.

Best.
    Max
  • Hi Lloyd,
    It would be great to include an incremental-sequential function in the next release. And been able to choose the incremental value would be a +.
    One one my task is to create shots from the editor's XMLs, and I increment shots by 10;
    sh010, sh020, sh030 ...

Best
    Great scripts!

• It would be great to include an incremental-sequential function in the next release. 
    This is already been requested and we will consider adding it to a future release.
  • Hi Lloyd!
        Thank U very much for another great script!
    I have hard times figuring out how to include number padding.
    I would like to include sufix [layerindex] with padding.

example:
      layer   to  layer[layerindex] with 4 numbers
    =
    layer  to  layer0001 

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks!
      Miha

• I would like to include sufix [layerindex] with padding.

You will probably need to do 2 passes.  Here is a link that might be of some help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/408278/regex-to-add-padding-zeroes
  • thank you for decoding my question?

and yes I did it. don't know if it is the smartest one but...

I've got comps SH__1 to SH__198

sin AE:GR selected Project panel item names, than
    selected SH__1 to SH__9

search: (SH__)([0-9]{1})
    replace: $100$2

than I selected all dual numbers ## (10-99)

search: (SH__)([0-9]{1})
    replace: $10$2

If I do this with no selection in ProjectPanel script would been replace all numbers.
    I'm not a programmer so that's it! :)

Thanks for help!
  • Thanks for help!
    My pleasure, glad you were able to figure it out.
  • Dude, I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!

It's so awesome! Oh!!!

Cheers!
  • Dude, I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!

It's so awesome! Oh!!!

Cheers!
    Our pleasure, glad you like it!  And love the quote, we just added it to the product description :)
  • Hello, 

Very usefull script btw! But can you tell me if the script can work with the atributes names? For example the names of Puppet points like "Puppet Pin 1, Puppet Pin 2..." 

Thanks
  • Very usefull script btw! But can you tell me if the script can work with the atributes names? For example the names of Puppet points like "Puppet Pin 1, Puppet Pin 2..." 
    That's a great feature request!  Just added it in the newly posted v1.2.  To upgrade please read this FAQ: How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • Thanks, the new feature will save a lot of time! But I've just bought the script v1.2, but can not find how to rename atributes names. I've tried all options in the "Scope". I've bought it after you wrote about new feature, should I update it?
  • Thanks, the new feature will save a lot of time! But I've just bought the script v1.2, but can not find how to rename atributes names. I've tried all options in the "Scope". I've bought it after you wrote about new feature, should I update it?
    Did you watch the demo video on how to use the new feature? You need to select the group parent.
  • I just have not the "Selected property children" in the list. I'm using CC, Windows7, the version of script 1.2(just downloaded) http://postimg.org/image/xg1wqwju7/
  • I just have not the "Selected property children" in the list. I'm using CC, Windows7, the version of script 1.2(just downloaded) http://postimg.org/image/xg1wqwju7/
    Sorry about that, I accidentally uploaded the wrong version. I just fixed it so please re-download it and you should see the option now. You can check the version by clickong on the ? icon in the panel. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Does this work with Adobe CC? It doesn't seem to be doing anything a all. 
  • Does this work with Adobe CC? It doesn't seem to be doing anything a all. 
    Yes it works in CC.  If you give us more details we might be able to help. You can also open a support ticket for help, please describe what you are trying to do in as much detail  as possible with screenshots for us to best be able to help.
  • -edit - issue solved.

beaware.. gmail might throw support responses into the spam folder...
  • not working for me. owner didn't respond to support ticket send over a week ago, 5 minutes after buying it.

We immediately replied to all your support tickets (you can view your support tickets here). We suspect the replies might be going into your spam folder.  We posted a new version last week which fixes the issue you reported. Please check your support tickets for a download link to the new version.
  • It's a shame there is still no "incremential-sequential function" :( Great otherwise
  • Hi Lloyd
    Can this script rename comps in the project window based on sorting order or comment field? I'd like to sequentially add a number as a prefix to each comp selected. I have numbers in the comment field.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • -edit - issue solved.

beaware.. gmail might throw support responses into the spam folder...
    Please train gmail to learn that they are not spam, the more users that do that the better for everyone :)
  • It's a shame there is still no "incremential-sequential function" :( Great otherwise
    Added incremental numbering with padding option in v1.5 posted now.  To upgrade please read this FAQ: How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • Really great up-date. The date stamp function is perfect for my workflow. I version with date and time. Thanks, your the best! 
  • How about a "renumber" option? I would like to put in a new name (or add prefix/suffix), number padding, and starting number. And it would rename and add sequential numbers all the layers I've selected. 
  • How about a "renumber" option? I would like to put in a new name (or add prefix/suffix), number padding, and starting number. And it would rename and add sequential numbers all the layers I've selected. 
    Have you tried the new version (1.5)?  Sounds pretty much like the new feature I just added.
  • Have you tried the new version (1.5)?  Sounds pretty much like the new feature I just added.
    Just saw that today! Thanks!
  • hello, 
    I need help with this script to rename the layers 1-10 to 11-20 

The first layer is renamed in the 11th, the 2nd - 12th, 3rd - 13th, etc. 

who can tell how to do it?

renamer.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 305K
  • I need help with this script to rename the layers 1-10 to 11-20 

The first layer is renamed in the 11th, the 2nd - 12th, 3rd - 13th, etc. 

who can tell how to do it?
    You will need to use Regex.  Select the layers you want to rename in the order you would like to have them numbered so select layer _01 first then all the way to layer _10. Turn on the Regex Flag and search for [0-9]+ and replace with [num=11]
  • Lloyd thanks for the quick reply.
    This method works if I rename layers 1-9 to layers 10 and up 

But if I rename the layers 11-20, not all layers are renamed accurately. Some layers get unnecessary number.
    renamer 1.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 352K
    renamer 2.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 357K
  • Lloyd thanks for the quick reply.
    This method works if I rename layers 1-9 to layers 10 and up 

But if I rename the layers 11-20, not all layers are renamed accurately. Some layers get unnecessary number.
    You should always search for [0-9]+  
    In regex [0-9] means match any number from 0-9 the + means keep matching any additional sequential numbers so this will work for all our numbers not just 0 to 9.  Regex can be confusing but very powerful when used correctly :)
  • Yes it's great, great !!! 
    With regular expressions I encounter for the first time.
    Thanks again Lloyd
  • Hi Lloyd,
    Thanks for this great scripts.
    Best,
    Max
  • Hey Lloyd - how do I get this thing to capitalise all my lower case characters?
  • Hey Lloyd - how do I get this thing to capitalise all my lower case characters?
    It's case sensitive so just replace it with the upper case version

• Ah, you're misunderstanding me. I want a script that can simply change ALL lowercase characters to uppercase in any item I have selected in the project panel. I have a bunch of comps all with different names and I want them all capitalised.
  • Ah, you're misunderstanding me. I want a script that can simply change ALL lowercase characters to uppercase in any item I have selected in the project panel. I have a bunch of comps all with different names and I want them all capitalised.
    Gotcha, you can do that with this simple script. If you have ft-Toolbar just make a javascript button and paste the code in, otherwise save it as a .jsx file and run it after you selected the items in the project panel you want to capitalize.
  • Brilliant! Thanks Lloyd. Believe it or not I'm still using this and this instead of ft-toolbar.  Old-timer in the house.