Corner Cutters 2
  • Just to reiterate:  (For people who bought version 1 - upgrade for FREE! )

Upgrade notice: Corner Cutters 2 requires a new license. The upgrade is FREE but to receive your license you need to add the new version to the cart and checkout. Make sure you login (or create a new account) with the same email address that was used for the original purchase.
  • Just to reiterate:  (For people who bought version 1 - upgrade for FREE! )

Upgrade notice: Corner Cutters 2 requires a new license. The upgrade is FREE but to receive your license you need to add the new version to the cart and checkout. Make sure you login (or create a new account) with the same email address that was used for the original purchase.
    That is awesome, great work Alan!
  • Hi Alan,

First, as always great work, I use the new scripts frequently now.

I think i've discovered a bug in the 'save frame' script. When I set the path, for example: '/user/desktop'. The script puts them in the user folder. And, for example, I change the location to user/desktop/screenshots/...' the script changes renames my file with the screenshots folder name.

I use After Effects CS6 v11.0.2 on OSX 10.8.3

Willem
  • Hi Willem,
    Thanks for that,Will look into it. It will overwrite the same file if it's the same frame, as it is making a file with the same name.
    Anyway will check it out soon, cheers and any other little issues - please post and I will put them on the list, any feedback is much appreciated!
  • Is there something special I have to do to get the v2 scripts to work in ft-toolbar? I've opened the Corner Cutters window and entered the license, but I can't get the scripts to run outside of that window.
  • Is there something special I have to do to get the v2 scripts to work in ft-toolbar? I've opened the Corner Cutters window and entered the license, but I can't get the scripts to run outside of that window.
    Sorry I hadn't seen this comment. Other users are not having problems? On ft Toolbar you would just set up a button to access one of the scripts individually.
    Doing it this way you just need to launch Corner Cutters and enter the license, then restart After Effects and it should work fine throught ftToolbar.

• I think i've discovered a bug in the 'save frame' script. When I set the path, for example: '/user/desktop'. The script puts them in the user folder. And, for example, I change the location to user/desktop/screenshots/...' the script changes renames my file with the screenshots folder name.

Willem

Hey Willem, looking at this now - and it's fixed, so will update online this week.
    Hi Alan,

First, as always great work, I use the new scripts frequently now.

I think i've discovered a bug in the 'save frame' script. When I set the path, for example: '/user/desktop'. The script puts them in the user folder. And, for example, I change the location to user/desktop/screenshots/...' the script changes renames my file with the screenshots folder name.

Willem

• Coming soon:
    From suggestion - an option to have smaller After Effects style buttons as opposed to the shiny blue look.
    Adding few more scripts - specifically for layout of layers. (I HATE align and distribute!)

pic.twitter.com/tKTtJDzQo3
  • If there are any issues bugs that people come across please just drop a comment and let me know and I will fix in a relatively expedited manner! Thanks a lot.
  • Hey Alan,

Loving your script - already saved me loads of time!
    Just wondered with the save frame feature - if we could choose the file type rather than just having a png
    Cheers!
  • Hey Alan,

Sometimes the save frame feature comes out way too dark. Does it take into account a linear workflow (gamma 1.0 blending)?
    I'll try to reproduce an example soon.

cheerio!
    - j
  • Actually not that hard: project settings: 32bit, sRGB working space, linearize working space

Make something and use save frame button ...
  • Hi,

if I could choose the file type rather than just having a png?

Thanks!
  • just tried this - save frame dowsn't work for me either in 32bit - but OK in 8 and 16bit. (32bit output is dark)
  • Hey Alan,

Loving your script - already saved me loads of time!
    Just wondered with the save frame feature - if we could choose the file type rather than just having a png
    Cheers!
    Hey Brad, sorry it's a built in function in AE, so the only output is png (It's probably what AE uses for snapshots - the little camera icon to flip back and forth between frames.)
    Sorry about late reply...

• Actually not that hard: project settings: 32bit, sRGB working space, linearize working space

Make something and use save frame button ...
    Hi,

if I could choose the file type rather than just having a png?

Thanks!

Sorry it's a built in function in AE, so the only output is png (It's probably what AE uses for snapshots - the little camera icon to flip back and forth between frames.) Therefore I can't see why it's not working with 32 bit.
    Sorry about late reply...
  • Coming soon:
    From suggestion - an option to have smaller After Effects style buttons as opposed to the shiny blue look.
    Adding few more scripts - specifically for layout of layers. (I HATE align and distribute!)

pic.twitter.com/tKTtJDzQo3
  • hello Eddie

where can we get these smaller grey buttons?
    really love your scripts,, keep em coming
    Nicky
  • Hey there,  this has moved on a bit, I was giving people the option of 2 types of buttons in the next version,
    However I simplified things and I'm making a hybrid - compactness seems to be what people want the most.
    Indeed you see this with AE's built in stuff, nice and tight.
    So the new ones are smaller, greyer and the option will be to turn on the little text area at the bottom or turn it off. Should have had this out ages ago but sidetracked with learning how to script Maya! 
  • BTW if you want to amuse yourself, you can play with existing icons in photoshop, just same size and same name and it should be fine.... 
  • Hi Eddie
    ah ok, so i can get this new ones yet,,,
    the buttons you did for "Layer groups" are really good,, from your response, i guess the new "corners cutters" buttons will be similar.
    & i would love to have the luxury of having spare time to amuse myself with icons in photoshop,,, unfortunately i don't, hence why i need as many corner cutters as possible.
    Maya scripting sounds fun,,, shame you're not doing it for C4D

• Im not in work but will email the ones from that image if I still have them tomorrow, so you can drop them in the folder and restart. They were incomplete, but you can have a look. Yes I reckon, make it fit inside AE is the best paradigm.
  • cool thanks Eddie
    i'll look forward to them
  • Hey there weird core, try these out - do a backup first !!! this was from a few iterations back... so the icon size is different now, so these are purely to play around with.
    zip
    zip
    Icons_afx.zip
  • thanks Alan
  • Will this work with CC 2014?
  • Yes this is compatible with CC 2014.
  • This script is great but since I purchase in August 2014 I write to the author about the need of live adjustment in the size of the entire package in AE interface like ft_ToolBar do, and got a reply that hi was working on it. SIX month later and still no news and no futher development. 

Good Scripts but waist of a lot of space in AE interface!
  • Hi Abraham, I have replied to you via email so I hope not much longer for the next version. Thanks for the interest and comment.
  • Hi, how clean cache de script en after effects cs4 ?
  • Hi Dess,
    Sorry don't quite understand...  are you asking that a button should be added to clear out cache in AE ? 
  • Hello, 

Love the script but since I've upgraded to AE2015 I cannot get the panel to dock.  Is there a workaround for this or a fix in development?

Thank you!
  • Hey there, I will be taking a look at it over the next month - it will be Corner Cutters 3, and it will be a small upgrade for existing owners... sorry it will take a little time to see what they have changed in the UI etc in terms of scripting.
  • Hey there, I will be taking a look at it over the next month - it will be Corner Cutters 3, and it will be a small upgrade for existing owners... sorry it will take a little time to see what they have changed in the UI etc in terms of scripting.
    OK, thank you!
  • Hey,

I'm finding the plugin keeps asking for my serial key on start-up. I place the key in and it tells me it's incorrect.
    However, if I start AE up in administrator mode, the serial key works fine. Is this something on the plugin's side, or on my side do you reckon?

(Using AE2014)

Cheers
  • Hi Ken, can you raise a ticket for this, it's something Lloyd might have to help me on re licensing... thanks.

Not officially supported on CC but working on it.
  • Hi!
    Will there be an update for AE CC2015? 
    I have to make the panel very large, otherwise I can't see the icons. 
    (AE CC 2015 13.7, Mac, El Capitan)

Thanks
  • Hi there, there will be an update but I still have testing to do on it.
  • Sorry if this has been asked before, didn't see it... in CC 2015, Win 10, I'm not able to load Usual FX - I can save the preset as directed, but when I attempt to click/apply, I receive the same message I would if I had no preset saved...thx in advance, love the scripts.
  • Sorry if this has been asked before, didn't see it... in CC 2015, Win 10, I'm not able to load Usual FX - I can save the preset as directed, but when I attempt to click/apply, I receive the same message I would if I had no preset saved...thx in advance, love the scripts.
    Hey there, what message are you receiving exactly ?  The presets must be saved first into the stated folder...  you can navigate to the folder to see if they are there first in your file browser... ? 
  • Hello and sorry for not responding earlier - I kind of lost track of this. Anyways, I think this may have been a permissions issue w/ CC 2015/Windows 10 - possibly just specific to my machine? - it just worked correctly w/ CC2015.3, Thanks again and my apologies for the late response. -bc
  • Hi,
    I use tidy up all the time, the font in the panel is merging with the BG color. any workaround?

Thanks

• Hey there, are you using Tidy Up as came with the version of Corner Cutters ? also what version of AE and you are on Mac is it ? 
  • just reloaded and enabled 2.1. After Effects 14.2.1.34.
    When I use the last script "instant save frame", every image is black with about 10% opacity image. Almost totally blacked out. Any fix for this?
  • just reloaded and enabled 2.1. After Effects 14.2.1.34.
    When I use the last script "instant save frame", every image is black with about 10% opacity image. Almost totally blacked out. Any fix for this?

Hey Terry, any chance you could do a quick screen capture and I will be able to tell you what the issue is...  ? Tks.
  • Is there a way to make it work with AE 14.2.1.34.
    Every time I try to start the panel AE crashs.
  • Is there a way to make it work with AE 14.2.1.34.
    Every time I try to start the panel AE crashs.
    Hi Felix, do you want to raise a ticket and we will help you there... ? 
  • Hello.  I'm having an issue with the UI on my Mac running AE CC 2017.2 (Version 14.2.1.24) on OS X Yosemite (Version 10.10.5).  There seems to be a lot of dead space within the panel.  I've tried every combination I can think of to fix it: docked, undocked, stacked panel group, small tabs checked and unchecked, etc.  I also went into the Corner Cutters and tried everything with the Compact Buttons box checked and unchecked.  Nothing seems to be working at the moment.  Any ideas on how I could fix that?  Thank you.
  • When in Corner Cutters 3.0 coming out?
  • When in Corner Cutters 3.0 coming out?
    Hey there, no definite plan at the moment. Sorry.