• imagePQ FUI Toys

Pre-animated, sometimes looping, customizable Fake User Interface assets, as editable After Effects comps. Just drag and drop to quickly create and customize FUI layouts to suit your projects.

https://aescripts.com/pq-fui-toys/

• Bought the thing thinking it's a plugin collection.
    So in reality, I'm expected to import your entire FUI project into mine, then choose the elements and tweak them?
    This is much less convenient than if those were plugins, to be frank...
    Thanks.
  • I completely agree with Alex Primehd. I too thought it was a plug in that I could build my own looks using the different effects. Not thrilled about my purchase!
  • Without actually buying FUI Toys, I have to defend the creator. I hoped for a plugin collection but after reading the description and watching the starting guide video, I realized that those are "only" premade animations. I will buy it some time in the future, because I love the animations and want to know how they work!
  • Hey yes, the decision was to make this a content pack as AE comps, as in the description, and shown in the tutorial video. It really wouldn't suit being compiled into the form of a plugin.

This is content, a library of very specific editable assets, kinda like stock, designed to be imported and modified.
    It is by far, the most convenient way to distribute this type of material, and I've had tons of extremely awesome feedback and saw some awesome results from users.

PQ
  • I'll defend Peter Quinn as well. I don't have these but we use a similar set up on a news channel, loading up a project with multiple comps of text reveal straps as a preview is really useful. With plugins you don't see a final preview. These scripts to change colours and sizes etc are good.

• Thanks for the update. Two requests if you are looking for requests:

- when you add new stuff, could you list what you have added?
    - possible to make some sort of index of stills to quickly find a sequence? I know I can scrub through, but for me even a big JPG of stills with a name overlay would be much faster to scan for the look I'd like
  • A plugin?!?!
    Yeah, that would really be handy for tweaking and keyframing stuff. Awesome.
    Really smooth for changing out all the colors and stuff. Uhuh.
    Just dandy for reusing or recomping parts of it. Hmmm.
    And topnotch for sharing projects with co-workers without that plugin. Nice.

Cheerio!
  • I just wanna say that the descriptions were hilarious and gave me a much-needed laugh while being snowed in with my husband and offspring who refuse to leave me alone. I will most likely be purchasing. Looks helpful for my projects. Good jorb :)
  • Is it possible to use for Commercial Use?
  • Very well done. Ditto Diasuke - just want to confirm it's OK to use these for commercial projects?
    Thanks
  • The descriptions are hilarious, and loving the Blockbusters music too.  Will buy this for sure :)

• Is it possible to use for Commercial Use?

Yes you can use this for commercial purposes as long as it it part of a larger design and the source elements and project files are not made available. They also cannot be the sole design element. You are also not allowed to use them as part of a template or design that will be re-sold or made available for purchase in any other way.