BAO Mask Avenger 2
  • Does this work for Shape layers as well as Solids?
    Hi,

it works with shape layers using custom shapes (there's a function called Shape Avenger that helps you deal with it), but it doesn't for predefined shapes (like circles, stars, rectangles...)

Cheers,
    François

• Do I understand this correctly? Will this allow me to parent a single mask point to a null, and then that null is available so I can parent a shape layer to it as well? 
  • Do I understand this correctly? Will this allow me to parent a single mask point to a null, and then that null is available so I can parent a shape layer to it as well? 
    Hi,

this is correct. Note that mask vertices are now available via expressions directly, so you can achieve the same without Mask Avenger (which was not possible before CC 2018).

Cheers,
    François
  • AE 2024.

Any plans?
  • AE 2024.

Any plans?
    Hi!

I just didn't update the 'compatibility' tag, since expressions are available via expressions directly now...
    But Mask Avenger does work with current version :-)

Cheers,
    François
  • Hi François,

You wrote:

"I just didn't update the 'compatibility' tag, since expressions are available via expressions directly now...
    But Mask Avenger does work with current version :-)"

Did you mean mask expressions?

If so...this is news to me!
  • Yes, masks can be controlled via expressions without Mask Avenger now. It's roughly like if Mask Avenger was part of AE ;-)
    This new feature comes with 2 scripts to Create Nulls from path and the opposite.
    You can check the expression language guide in Adobe's help for more details.

Have fun!

François