Templater Bot Subscription Recurring

• imageTemplater Bot Subscription Recurring

Templater Bot extends Templater Rig by offering full server automation, allowing you to build applications that version, render, and distribute custom video on demand. 1, 3, 6, or 12 month licenses are also available which can be bundled with Templater Rig for a discount. Activating Templater Bot requires that Templater Rig already be installed and licensed.

https://aescripts.com/templater-bot/

• Hey, I found this script while doing my research for a client, so here is my Pre-Purchase/Subscribe question:
    My client wants automated, personalized videos for their customers, which will be sent to them automatically on their birthday (first idea was via MailChimp?).

Now, the source video is always the same, it differs only in a text layer which I'd have to track (!!) on a blank poster. Does this work?
    The text layer will say their customers name, tracked on the poster, as stated.
    These names (and the birthday-dates) are in a CSV file (or in a Google Spreadsheet).

Now..Is it possible to set up Templater in such a way that those videos are created on the customer's birthday and sent automatically via E-mail to them?
    The most important thing is that this process should be automated. I shoot and edit the video, set up the first video and let Templater edit the name over and over again.
    But how would that look like?
    My guess is that I'd need to set up a computer dedicated to that task only, which runs the whole day (or as long as it takes for the videos to be sent out for the day). So my client would need to start the computer each day, open up After Effects and run the script, right?

Also, I've read that there is the possibility to upload the videos directly to YouTube for example.
    Is it possible to upload the videos in private so that only the customer can see the video?

I'd love to hear from you and I am sure if this can be achieved by Templater, my customer would love to subscribe to the Templater Bot Services.
    Greetings,
    Danilo
  • Now, the source video is always the same, it differs only in a text layer which I'd have to track (!!) on a blank poster. Does this work?
    The text layer will say their customers name, tracked on the poster, as stated.
    These names (and the birthday-dates) are in a CSV file (or in a Google Spreadsheet).
    Yes this is possible.

Now..Is it possible to set up Templater in such a way that those videos are created on the customer's birthday and sent automatically via E-mail to them?
    You would need to setup an external service to send the email but once setup Templater can run a script to communicate with this service and send the email. But yes, this would all be automated.
    My guess is that I'd need to set up a computer dedicated to that task only, which runs the whole day (or as long as it takes for the videos to be sent out for the day). So my client would need to start the computer each day, open up After Effects and run the script, right?
    Yes, you would need to have AE running with Templater Bot configured.
    Also, I've read that there is the possibility to upload the videos directly to YouTube for example.
    Is it possible to upload the videos in private so that only the customer can see the video?
    Yes this is done within the YouTube settings.
    I'd love to hear from you and I am sure if this can be achieved by Templater, my customer would love to subscribe to the Templater Bot Services.
    Please check out all the tutorial videos under the VIDEOS tab that explain in detail all the automated functions of Bot: https://aescripts.com/templater-bot/

And the VIDEOS tab here has many videos that explain all the other functions available in Templater: https://aescripts.com/templater/
  • Is it possible to run a shell command before each job, instead of after?

Cheers,
    Craig
  • Is it possible to run a shell command before each job, instead of after?

Cheers,
    Craig
    The next version of Templater being released very soon will have pre and post for five different events:

1. Pre-data retrieval
    2. Post data retrieval
    3. Pre-batch
    4. Post-batch
    5. Pre-job
    6. Post-job
    7. Pre-update layers
    8. Post-update layers
    7. Pre-output
    8. Post output

All of these will allow the user to hook in Extendscripts as well.

You can sign up to be notified when this version is released here: https://aescripts.com/subscription
  • I'm having a bit of an issue with my Templater Bot.
    Using a custom backend, I am updating the local JSON file that Templater is using as the Data Source.
    This is causing random "TypeError: undefined is not an object" errors .
    Whilst trying to figure out what the problem is, I have populated two files with the same identical contents "test.json" and "test.json.pb" and tried running them. The latter runs perfectly fine, but the "test,json" won't even start, giving me the "TypeError: undefined is not an object" error .

Is this a known issue?
    Regards,
    Craig
  • I'm having a bit of an issue with my Templater Bot.

Using a custom backend, I am updating the local JSON file that Templater is using as the Data Source.
    This is causing random "TypeError: undefined is not an object" errors .
    Whilst trying to figure out what the problem is, I have populated two files with the same identical contents "test.json" and "test.json.pb" and tried running them. The latter runs perfectly fine, but the "test,json" won't even start, giving me the "TypeError: undefined is not an object" error .

Is this a known issue?
    Regards,
    Craig
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Craig,

The reason you would get a TypeError is probably due to the form of the JSON itself, or the encoding of the JSON file.  Please submit a support ticket and attach both files.  JSON files must be encoded as UTF-8, and are best suited with Unix line-ending.  

Thanks!
  • What are the prospects for supporting image-sequences as sources? At the moment I'm using a work-around, transcoding the image-sequences to video-files, using a shell script on data retrieval, as per your advice. But it's very unstable, and cumbersome.
  • Hi Torben,

Image sequence importing is on the roadmap for future release, but we don't have a timeframe, yet.