smartMessage for Nuke and Maya

• imagesmartMessage for Nuke and Maya

smartMessage is an instant messenger for Nuke and Maya. Connect to locals and digital artists from all over the world. You can share text, node setups, cameras, animated geometry, urls, images, files, etc. Speed up your communication methods and enhance the collaboration among artists.

https://aescripts.com/smartmessage/

• Are there any plans on supporting other programs as well? PP, AFX and C4d would be amazing :-)
  • Hey Pascal,
    Thanks for your interest in smartMessage. Appending other programs is something that is on my list. Premiere and AfterEffects will be difficult as they don't support python. C4D however could be possible which I have also already thought of and will implement it when I find the time.
    Thanks and cheers
  • Ok cool. Maybe there is an easy way to port the Python code into Java so that AFX and PP would be possible as well but as I'm not a programmer I have no idea :-).

Best
  • Unfortunatelly, Python code cannot be converted into Java code as these are two totally different programing languages. Creating smartMessage for Premiere and AfterEffetcs would mean pretty much programing it from scratch and smartMessage is quite huge. So in a nutshell I am not planing to make a Premiere or after effects plugin however Cinema4D could be quite possible.
    Cheers