Absolute and relative time
  • This is more or less a suggestion for a simple script. In case something like this exists already (I havent found anything on it) please let me know.
    ---
    While I am in a precomp I would like to have the possibility to see the Framenumber / Time in relation to any other comp that I specify in a dialog box.

If for example I have a main comp with 5 levels of precomps and I want to sync the start of an animation that takes place down at the lowest level inside of the precomp stack, exactly to where my time indicator is right now in the main comp.

Right now my workaround is to place a Timecode Effect inside of the lowest comp so that I can see the current time of the precomp inside of the main comp... and make notes.

Like I said...   if there is already a better way to tackle this problem, please let me know....    otherwise I guess this would be a helpful script.

.... possibly a dialog box with two fields and the possibility to drop the name of a comp in each field. The script should then show the time of the second specified comp according to the location of the time indicator in the currently active comp

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions