Data Damage Animated Typeface
  • Hi there

Is it compatible with CS 5.5?

Thomas
  • You can import the quicktime animated typeface files but you will not be able to use the pre-built demo scene or use it with the characteristic script. For that CS 6 is the lowest version I was able to convert it to.
  • Super cool. 
    I'd love to hear more about how you built the background of the example file. I watched your tutorial but the part about the background went a little over my head. 
  • Super cool. 
    I'd love to hear more about how you built the background of the example file. I watched your tutorial but the part about the background went a little over my head. 
    Just used a few different effects to generate the grid.  Then made a mask that goes on top of it that is driven by a few expressions to change the position and size of where it shows up.  If you purchase the file you can see the exact technique that was used.
  • Love this type, but all the type is pre-rendered - away we can get the file to dig into?
  • Love this type, but all the type is pre-rendered - away we can get the file to dig into?
    There are a few plugins used(including genarts sapphire) which most users do not have.  Because of this I decided it would be best to have the files pre-rendered which actually speeds up the use of the project.
  • I would purchase it if I was able to get the working files so I can created any thing that isnt covered in the supplied clips, any chance?
    I've got the plugin you mentioned too.

Matthew Butler said:
    Love this type, but all the type is pre-rendered - away we can get the file to dig into?
    There are a few plugins used(including genarts sapphire) which most users do not have.  Because of this I decided it would be best to have the files pre-rendered which actually speeds up the use of the project.

• I would purchase it if I was able to get the working files so I can created any thing that isnt covered in the supplied clips, any chance?
    I've got the plugin you mentioned too.

Sorry but at this time the pre-rendered quicktime files will only be provided.
  • Hey! i just purchased this script :D what is the typeface that you've used for creating these clips?
  • Hey! i just purchased this script :D what is the typeface that you've used for creating these clips?
    Hi Asavari, I can't remember off the top of my head and unfortunately I'm on a trip currently and not able to look it up. sorry.
  • It's such a cool project.   I'm a disappointed after buying it that I can't change the font.    There must be a way to create this type of project where the user can then change the font to one of their own choosing?
  • It's such a cool project.   I'm a disappointed after buying it that I can't change the font.    There must be a way to create this type of project where the user can then change the font to one of their own choosing?
    No unfortunately not at this time.  
  • Firstly, you mentioned using GenArts Sapphire to create this. Can I know what you used it for/what you did with it? (I'm not trying to get the source files or test you or anything, literally just curious because I want to know what can be done with GenArts and there aren't many tutorials for it online).

Secondly, where do I find/how do I use some of the "extra" assets like the circle used in the first transition of the demo video?

Good work btw.
  • Firstly, you mentioned using GenArts Sapphire to create this. Can I know what you used it for/what you did with it? (I'm not trying to get the source files or test you or anything, literally just curious because I want to know what can be done with GenArts and there aren't many tutorials for it online).

Secondly, where do I find/how do I use some of the "extra" assets like the circle used in the first transition of the demo video?

Good work btw.
    1) If you go to genarts website you can download a free 15 day trail of the entire sapphire suite which is 250 or so plugins.... kind of hard to show you want can be done because it has so many different plugins.

2) If you open up the sample comp inside the after effects file you will be able to see exactly what I did in each scene.  The one you are referring to I simply used the "O" and did a time remap to freeze the frame and make it look like a separate background element.
  • Brutal Type Regularis the font used here. 
  • is the font used here. 

No, like previously stated here and in the description I used several non-standard effects that the majority of people do not have so everything is pre-rendered.
  • I keep getting "TARGET IS NOT A COMPOSITION" Error when I try to use the Characteristic script with this. Any ideas on why this is? Would be grateful for any help
  • I keep getting "TARGET IS NOT A COMPOSITION" Error when I try to use the Characteristic script with this. Any ideas on why this is? Would be grateful for any help
    Hi David, If I remember correctly this error usually happens when you don't have a composition selected.  So my guess is you have a project panel highlighted when you are trying to run the script.  If you just go into the composition you would like to apply the animated typeface to it should work fine.  Let me know if you continue to have an issue.
    Hi David, If I remember correctly this error usually happens when you don't have a composition selected.  So my guess is you have a project panel highlighted when you are trying to run the script.  If you just go into the composition you would like to apply the animated typeface to it should work fine.  Let me know if you continue to have an issue.
    That seemed to work. Thanks Matthew.
  • Can I change color?
    Because it's prerendered, has it alpha channel? (I mean transparent background so that I can use it not only on black bgs)
  • Can I change color?
    Because it's prerendered, has it alpha channel? (I mean transparent background so that I can use it not only on black bgs)
    Yes any color background can be used not just black.  
  • Can I change color?
    Thx for respone the font looks really good :)

Can I make the letters last longer? Because they last actually only 10 seconds. I know its possible to extend every single letter but its very time consuming. can you give me a tip how i can make it faster? thx for help

Edit: I think I made it. Doesn't take so long as expected 

• Can I change color?

Thx for respone the font looks really good :)

Can I make the letters last longer? Because they last actually only 10 seconds. I know its possible to extend every single letter but its very time consuming. can you give me a tip how i can make it faster? thx for help

Edit: I think I made it. Doesn't take so long as expected 

Simply select all the type that afterwords right click and enable time remapping. Then drag all layers out to your desired length.
  • I've looked through the punctuation folder but it looks like the period "." is missing. Can you add that?
  • I've looked through the punctuation folder but it looks like the period "." is missing. Can you add that?
    Oh wow, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'm unfortunately traveling until late in December so I won't be able to update the file until then.
    Oh wow, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'm unfortunately traveling until late in December so I won't be able to update the file until then.
    It's well past december now. Can you please fix this?
    Sorry about that, I completely forgot.  I just updated the file on aescripts so you should be able to download the new version now.
    Sorry about that, I completely forgot.  I just updated the file on aescripts so you should be able to download the new version now.
    Thanks, bud. Appreciate it greatly! <3
  • Hello,

Does this fontset includes these characters? Å Ø Æ å ø æ ?
  • Hello,

Does this fontset includes these characters? Å Ø Æ å ø æ ?
    It does not, sorry.
  • Thanks for the great work on this, really useful! Would be great to get brackets if you get time (), [] and {} if possible. For code, init ;-)
  • Thanks for the great work on this, really useful! Would be great to get brackets if you get time (), [] and {} if possible. For code, init ;-)
    That's a good idea, I'll think about adding it in the future.
  • Thanks for this great toolset. Loving it. But it's my first time using an animated typeface. Am I right in assuming that to have the same "vibe" but in a different font, you would have to repeat the entire process using that new font, to create new source movies, right?

My question is: are there any plugins out there that offer some level of animation as a procedural, but allow the changing of source typeface? Obviously I understand fully how unlikely this is, but worth asking

Thanks
  • Thanks for this great toolset. Loving it. But it's my first time using an animated typeface. Am I right in assuming that to have the same "vibe" but in a different font, you would have to repeat the entire process using that new font, to create new source movies, right?

My question is: are there any plugins out there that offer some level of animation as a procedural, but allow the changing of source typeface? Obviously I understand fully how unlikely this is, but worth asking

Thanks
    Hi Trevor, The built-in after effects animate is the only thing that I know of that you are able to do something procedurally which obviously is pretty limited with the animations available.
  • will it work with AE 2017.2?
  • will it work with AE 2017.2?

Yes
  • Used this excellent asset a lot on a project recently, for Noisia:

Cheers!
  • Used this excellent asset a lot on a project recently, for Noisia:

Cheers!
    Awesome, thanks for sharing!
  • Hey Matthew, what is the ending font of Data Damage? I want to test it as a basic font before I buy your animated version. Thanks for your help!
  • Is this font available for commercial use?
  • Is this font available for commercial use?
    yes
  • Can you tell me what the font is that you used - I need some unanimated type to surround it?
  • How do you use it with Font Manager?
  • How do you use it with Font Manager?

This is not compatible with Font Manager yet, sorry.
  • Is it compatible with font manager yet?
  • Is it compatible with font manager yet?
    It is still not compatible with Font Manager, sorry.