3D Flip Board
  • Hi, Claudio.

1. For flaps you can create your design and use Solid, Text or pictures for this.

In the script there is an additional mode to Split. Select a folder with pictures. Activate the target composition. In the script, click Split. Specify the Dimension and click Make.
    (Open 3D Flip Board (samples).aep, Select BOND folder, activate MAIN Comp, ...)

2. If the Auto Flip is None, the animation will occupy all the time between keys or markers. Otherwise, the marker is triggers of the start of animation to a new value at the speed specified in the Speed flips/sec parameter.

3. You can create a flipboard of any dimension, but 100 cells work very slowly.

4. The Random Time and Random Seed parameter adds a random animation delay, desynchronization.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hello, I want to adjust the size of each letter board. 
    But if I do that, bottom layer doesn't seem to move(nave blue square).
    how do I fix this?
  • Hi, Yoojung.

Each letter in the board is linked to a Null layer (Characters A-Z_FB_001 Control) which is used to move and scale the board. 
    The Control Null also has Transform parameters.
    If you want to move each letter yourself, you have to turn off the expression at the position of that letter.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Does it support Mac OS monterey?
  • Does it support Mac OS monterey?
    yes.
    you can download a trial version to check it out.
    The scripts depend on the After Effect version, not the operating system.

• sht does not work...
    On PC, AE 17.5.0
    Had AE in French, and changed to English to be sure language was n't the problem.
    Buddy I'm sorry to say but as many mentioned: As soon as you put a marker nothing works.
    But to have just the flipping effect and not be able to input your text or numbers, for me is not worth it.
    Or... You can provide better tutorial, I wasted 3 hours of my working time to figure out that this thing does not work.
    Or maybe in the tutorial, you forgot some important steps for us?
    Even tried your own project provided with the script... :( (your project works, but as you put a Marker, nothing works anymore).
  • Incorrect display of characters is most likely associated with the CharCode Offset parameter.

It is equal to the CharCode of the first character in the preset minus 1. (0-48, A-64, a-96)

If you used the Number 0-9 preset, set the CharCode Offset to 48.

And in the marker, add any non-numeric character at the end of the number (for example: + - _ ! a b c)

For 4 cells, the markers would look like this: "1234+" or "4567-" or "7890a"

Simply, the number N in the marker is treated as the output of cell N.

Thanks
    Andrew

• So as explained to me (I was pissed and ready for refund)

When you use Preset Number 0-9 (you create your marker, you write your number inside the marker ex: 2009+ you need to put a special character at the end)
    And change the CharCode Offset to 48.

For Characters A-Z preset. (it is important to use capital letters with  CharCode Offset 64 ex: A B C..)
    If you want to write lower-case use CharCode  96 ex:(a b c.. )

Tnx to the support guys
  • Error message : "Folder must be contein AV items." ... what... what the heck is that? What is "contein" what is "AV items" ... what? This may be a waste of 40 bucks
  • Hi Froggy Team, I'm getting very confused here - I've managed to make a pre-comp with A-Z and 0-9, but if I extend the pre-comp to accommodate symbols beyond Z: [ / ] ^ _ ' for example, so it's now 50s long - even if I change CharCode Offset to 50, my characters appear scrambled. How can I achieve this? I need to include at least 6 or 7 special characters for some custom designs.