3D Flip Board
  • Anyone else experiencing crashing on a Mac even using the supplied project files?
  • Anyone else experiencing crashing on a Mac even using the supplied project files?
    I'm having the same issue.  
  • I need Help. Plugin doesen´t work. I select a Folder, Actived a Compostion but nothing happend and i get the message: Folder not selected????
  • Hi, Peter.
    See the first 20 seconds of the Quick Start video tutorial. It is necessary to select the folder, not its contents.
    Repeat all the steps as in the video.

Andrey

• Hi, Peter.
    See the first 20 seconds of the Quick Start video tutorial. It is necessary to select the folder, not its contents.
    Repeat all the steps as in the video.

Andrey

I´ve tried it many times, no result??? I ´m working with a PC. i asked a friend with a Mac to try and there it works

• Hi, Peter.
    Please open a support ticket and send us more information (video, screenshot of errors) and description of your system.
  • How do I mix letters and numbers?  I see that this is done in the samples but I don's see this explained in the Quick Start video or the Creating from Scratch video.  Special characters would be nice too.
  • Hi, Kevin.
    You can convert a "Characters A-Z" composition from "3D Flip Board (samples).aep".

Here is the sequence of actions:
    1. Open "Characters A-Zcomposition.
    2. Edit "A-Z" layer Source Text Expression - change "+ 64" to "+ 47" (or "+ 32" for all spec. char.)
        see ASCII table   65CharCode of "A", 48CharCode of "0".
    3. Change "Characters A-Zcomp and layers duration to 44 sec for "+ 47" or 59 sec for "+ 32".

For animation on markers do not forget to change "CharCode Offset" to 47 or 32.
  • Thank you so much!!  

I'm all having trouble controlling the length of the flip transition.  Can you tell me what I'm missing?  Thanks
  • Length of the flip transition depends on the relative position of the characters and "Speed flips/sec", except "One Flip" mode.
  • Hey, Markers on the control layer are not working.  Everything flips fine till I add a marker on the control layer, then everything stops on the first letter frame (time 0)...
    any suggestions?

Cheers
    Mali
  • Hi, Malisa.

When you add a marker, expression parse the Comment field for creating animations. The marker can contain frame numbers or characters.
    If the parse fails, the first frame is displayed.

In None "Auto Flip" mode, each marker is a keyframe with linear animation between the markers.

In "Auto Flip" mode, each marker is a trigger to start fliping up to this value. The value will be held until the next marker.

Thanks
    Andrey
  • hello,

love this script. Is there any way to lessen or play withtheshine that happens on the flip? 

• Hi, Matthew.
    There is only the possibility to change the speed and time on the flip.

Thanks
    Andrey
  • Hi guys,

So far I've gotten the animations working on text, but I'm unsure of how to get this to transition between images as in your demo.

I have split one image using your script and it will flip but not change the image.

Did you have a video showing this technique?

Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    Carter
  • Hi there,

Great script, but I can't seem to work out how to properly count down between two numbers. At the moment I have one keyframe set to 219000 and the end keyframe at 189900. I was hoping to see each number count down individually (ie 218999, 218998, 218997 etc), but instead the numbers randomly flip up or down to get to the end figure. And the two 00's at the end don't flip at all because they are the same in both states.

I noticed in your promo video that you had some dates ticking down (the Bond stuff), but can't figure out how you did it! 

Lastly, is there any way to format as currency, eg. $219,000? At the moment I've just added the "$" and "," in myself, but can no longer do the cool cylinder effect.

Thanks in advance!
    Matt
  • Hi, Matt.

In the Flip Board cells are not linked. Each cell is animated to a new value individually. Therefore, it is impossible to make a countdown effect using two markers keys.
    In the promo video, each new value is given by a new marker.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hi Froggy Team, great script! Running into a slight issue: I have to create a board with 20 lines of 23 letters each rotating through three names each. My computer isn't happy about this, so I thought I'd set up 20 compositions, each handling one 1x23 setup. The first one worked fine (MAIN comp), but when I duplicate that one to "MAIN Comp 2" and change the names, I still get the names from "MAIN Comp." Clearly "MAIN comp" is a reference in the script somewhere. Precomping also breaks things. Any advice on how to complete my job? 
  • Hi, Stefan.

Flip Board 23x20 is a difficult task for the computer.
    Duplicate composition will not work, the same content will be displayed.
    Try to create 20 lines of 23x1 in the "MAIN comp" and manage each line individually.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hi Andrew, yeah, as it is, even one line at 1080px width is making the machine groan a bit. Despite 56GB of RAM. :) I'm trying to cycle between all 60 names on one timeline, and then place the composition 60 times with a time shift to get each name.  
  • Follow up question: I entered all the names in a 12 minute timeline on "MAIN comp." Around the 5 minute mark, the flip board cuts out. Any idea why?
  • When creating precompositions for cells, their duration is set with a margin and is equal to the tenfold duration of the Main composition.
    To fix this you need to manually increase the duration of precompositions of each cell and layers inside.
  • Oh, I see! There's not a script for THAT, is there? :^D
  • I do not have a script for this. I thought that there would be enough tenfold reserve for the duration.
  • Hello,

We just purchased the script and it's been great to work with so far. Quick question: Should there be flipping sounds that come with the script? Sound comps are created but are devoid of any audio.

Thank you.
  • Hi, Deana.

If you put in the composition "FolderName_FB_001_SOUND" one sound layer (wav, mp3),
    it will be automatically play with each flipping.

This option is not advertised because AE degrades sound when accelerating.
    Try it, maybe it will be useful to you. (Page Flip Sound Effects)

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hello, i need help.

I follow the tutorial step by step and the plugin is amazing, but i have a problem with de Layer Market. When i write the text in the Layer Market and click OK, the text doesn't appear and the plugin doesn't work.

Thanks, greetings from Spain
  • If the board has 8 cells then you should use a marker with 8 symbols.

"_HELLO__" or "_FRIEND_"

Instead of the symbol "_" you can use any that is not in your set. (for example "+HELLO++")

And more. You can not duplicate the composition with the board. ("Main Comp 2")
    You need to create a new board in the new composition.

Thanks
    Andrew

• Hello.

Plugin Doesn't work with markers,shows only the last character and doesn't flip either.

HEEALP
  • Hi, Gregory.

Please open a support ticket and send us more information (video, screenshot of errors) and description of your system.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hi, this is such a great plugin, you really saved me from a nightmare comp structure! 
    Ive just checked out the trial and want to purchase now but am just wondering if its possible to make one comp with A-Z and with numbers? I tried to make one. 
    I made a 37sec comp with _ and A-Z followed by 0-9 and adjusted the frames in the flip board effect  but I dont know what the CharCode Offset should then be. Is there a way to do this without making an image for each frame?
    thanks
  • Hi, Brett.
    This can be done only if you take the full range from 0 to Z.
    Additional characters are included in this range (:;<=>?@). See Charcode table.
    They will not be visible only in the "One flip" mode.
    In this case, the CharCode Offset must be set to 47.

See attached project.

Thanks
    Andrew
    zip
    zip
    3D Flip Board (samples 0-9A-Z) CC2018.zip
  • Hi, Brett.

See attached project.

Andrew! thank you very much. Great service, greta product!

Thanks
    Andrew

• Hi, Brett.

See attached project.

Hi, when I recreate - whenever I make a marker for words etc I only get one letter across all the tiles. So no variation. Do you have a support email? I am under time pressure

Thanks
    Andrew

• Hi, Brett.

If the board has 13 cells then you should use a marker with 13 symbols.

"****KSAB*****" or "***FRIEND****"

Instead of the symbol "*" you can use any that is not in your set. (for example "+_-HELLO++-*/" or  "***HELLO*****" or "   HELLO     ")

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket and send us more information.

Thanks
    Andrew

• Hello.

Plugin Doesn't work with markers,shows only the last character and doesn't flip either.

HEEALP
    Hello,
    Was there any resolve on this issue that Gregory had? I am having the same problem. Only the last character is showing from my marker text.

Thank you,
    Kyle
  • Hi, Kyle.

If the board has 13 cells then you should use a marker with 13 symbols.
    "****HELLO****" or "***FRIEND****"

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Thank you Andrew, this fixed my problem. 
    One more question. Is there a way when I add a light to have the flip cast a shadow? Because the script creates precomps I currently see no shadows.

Kyle
  • Hi, Kyle.

In the new version of 3D Flip Board v1.16, by default Casts Shadows is ON with a more friendly marker parser.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • does work with multiple videos or sequences?
  • Not. The video will not play, only the first frame.
  • I am a little frustrated because I am know I am doing something wrong but can't figure it out. I am trying to use markers to animate between countries and its not working. I tried 12 letters and 12 symbol. also I am placing the marker on the null layer not others!

Please help asap!!
  • Hi, Sonia.
    Please open a support ticket and attach the project file.

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hey I placed a ticket but I still havent heard back. It would be great if you can get back to me asap. Thank you!!
  • I do not see your support ticket.
    You received a letter that "Your Support Ticket "XXXXXXX" (ticket #XXXXXXX) has been successfully created."?
    Try again.
  • it says "unable to execute script at line 6, null is not an object" on macOS with AE2020 :(
    #s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }
    #s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }
  • Hi, Ahmed.
    Could you please open a support-ticket an we will find a solution. Support-Ticket

Thanks
    Andrew
  • Hi, I am using a trial version to test before purchasing. AE 2020, Mac OS.

I followed the Youtube tutorial starting from 02:45 (opening the plugin in AE), all steps seems to be working fine until the one where I add a marker (^8) and double click to fill in text (In the tutorial it used 'First flip board', I used 'Test'). In the tutorial the text renders in the animation, sometimes the 'Test' does not show up, sometimes it does, but in both scenarios the animation becomes entirely static. Right before this step the animation was working fine i.e. it was flipping in the default alphabetical order.

Is this a result of the trial version or is there something I'm missing?
  • Hi, Serena.
    Use characters from the set in the marker.
    If you have a set A-Z you need to write "TEST" (all caps).
    If your board has 8 cells then write "**TEST**".
    Thanks
    Andrew
  • I have found your well done and great split flap board or flip board but the description is very brief, so before buying I want to know, please I have some questions

QUESTION 1 - REPLACE LETTERS AND NUMBERS WITH PHOTOS IN INDIVIDUAL FLAPS

Please, I want and need to be able to Replace the letters or numbers with photos, so for each letter you could have a different photo that would fit inside each individual flap and fill it all the flap

You are showing that you can show ONE whole photo with multiple animated flaps, but what I want is that I can be able to customizer just each individual flap 

As I have no idea how you have built the project, I want to know if this would be possible to be done if I buy your project

If not possible as it is now., could it be modified and be updated to be able to use photos individually replacing each one of letters or numbers?

QUESTION 2 - CUSTOMIZED DURATION OF THE ANIMATED ROTATION

Also I want that it could be rotating continously during a determined amount of time, for example 25 seconds.

QUESTION 3 - WHOLE FULL BOARD FILLING THE SCREEN

Also I have seen that you can define the amount of cells, and so I want to be able to fill all the screen with many rows of flaps characters, in the same way as it happens in the airport, so, this is possible? 

QUESTION 4 - RANDOM ANIMATION OR ALL AT THE SAME TIME 

It seems that you can control how each cell or flap is animated, so I want to ask if you can make that all rotate randomly if wanted, or move all of them at the same time

Thanks very much for any possible help and wish that I could be able to buy it