Universal Audio
  • Sorry to bother you again.
    When single comp mode and include visual reference are checked, does it mean that non-video files cannot be displayed? (e.g. only the shape layer)
    Because the eyes of UA layer are hidden and there is nothing inside the UA layer comp,And the size doesn't follow the setting.
    But if just check include visual reference, there is no problem.
  • Sorry to bother you again.
    When single comp mode and include visual reference are checked, does it mean that non-video files cannot be displayed? (e.g. only the shape layer)
    Because the eyes of UA layer are hidden and there is nothing inside the UA layer comp,And the size doesn't follow the setting.
    But if just check include visual reference, there is no problem.
    Hi Latop,

When single comp mode is enabled then the only layers that will be automatically pulled into the UA comp are layers that have audio, this includes any audio layers from comps at any nested level backwards from the currently viewed comp, so since shape layers don't have audio they won't be pulled, the nature of how single comp mode works unfortunately makes it not entirely possible to define specific visual layers to pull into the UA.

Steve
  • Thank you I see, so checking both options together doesn't really have visual reference effect.
    but why not disable "include visual reference" option when "single comp mode" checked, like other settings?
  • Thank you I see, so checking both options together doesn't really have visual reference effect.
    but why not disable "include visual reference" option when "single comp mode" checked, like other settings?
    Ah I see, I may need to look into disabling that setting when single comp mode is enabled, I will look into this shortly

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Hi Steve, 

When I press the universalize button, the audio is not distributed in other comps. The UniversalAudio comp is created in the Project bar but that's it. I have the latest AE installed as well as the latest update of your script. I have tried to un-check and check all different kinds of button-variations in the settings just to see if there is a bug. Nothing. 

Since I just bought it I only had the chance to try it once, in another project. There everything seemed to work fine. Now, in an empty project - no go. 

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here or could be a bug somehow?

Looking forward to use this one, gonna save me loads of time. Thanks! 

All the best
    /Pär S
    I'm having the same issue in 2024 and 2024 beta. The universalize button is creating a universalaudio comp but it is not putting that comp into any of the other comps. I've played around with different settings and nothing seems to work. I'll open a support ticket too but leaving this here for other users to reference.
  • Hi Steve, 

When I press the universalize button, the audio is not distributed in other comps. The UniversalAudio comp is created in the Project bar but that's it. I have the latest AE installed as well as the latest update of your script. I have tried to un-check and check all different kinds of button-variations in the settings just to see if there is a bug. Nothing. 

Since I just bought it I only had the chance to try it once, in another project. There everything seemed to work fine. Now, in an empty project - no go. 

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here or could be a bug somehow?

Looking forward to use this one, gonna save me loads of time. Thanks! 

All the best
    /Pär S
    I'm having the same issue in 2024 and 2024 beta. The universalize button is creating a universalaudio comp but it is not putting that comp into any of the other comps. I've played around with different settings and nothing seems to work. I'll open a support ticket too but leaving this here for other users to reference.
    Hi Alexander,

Just dropped you a message on support!

Steve