• Hi,

I'm only getting a black empty window when trying the trial mode. I'm using the latest AE version.
  • Hey Christian,

Can you file a support ticket so I can work through this with you?  Also, can you tell me what OS you're on?

Thanks,
    -Rafi

Hi,

I'm only getting a black empty window when trying the trial mode. I'm using the latest AE version.

• If you're seeing loading or installation issues with KBar, make sure to use the ZXP Installer from aescripts.com (link below).

The adobe extension manager has been End-Of-Life'd by Adobe and should not be used.
  • Hey folks.  More info on the 'black screen' problem.  In After Effects, go to the application preferences and under General make sure you have "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" turned on.
  • unfotunatley the same error here (Black empty screen)

win 10 (creator) 64 ram gtx 970 ,Ae 2015.5 & Ae 2017.2
  • Hey Mohammad.  Thanks for the info.  I'm looking into this problem and will publish an update to KBar ASAP.
    unfotunatley the same error here (Black empty screen)

win 10 (creator) 64 ram gtx 970 ,Ae 2015.5 & Ae 2017.2

• after watching the tutorial and saw how it works ..

May i ask for two requests ???

1- adding button bg color option 
    2- reposition setting button to the end of list 
    coz seeing it firstly it kinda annoying 
  • 1)  Sure.  Just add it as a feature proposal here:  https://bitbucket.org/khanyu/kbar/issues?status=new&status=open

2)  Easy.  You can move the settings button around just like any other button.

after watching the tutorial and saw how it works ..

May i ask for two requests ???

1- adding button bg color option 
    2- reposition setting button to the end of list 
    coz seeing it firstly it kinda annoying 

• Thank you so much bro ...
  • :D Just took some time last week to finally set up ft-Toolbar w/ custom icons and had to decide about the pixel size…
    Now KBar w/ scalable SVG icons - also including color and transparency: nice!   :)
    One thing: It would be fantastic to have the description option with scripts as well. So instead of a mouse over "Run "myTestScriptIForgotWhatItDoes.jsx"", I could change it to "DO STUFF" :D  …or have it without any mouse over, if the icon is descriptive enough.

Thanks, great work!
  • Error message (Win10, Ae CC 2017 14.2.1)

• Same problem as Alex, same system. Unable to execute script at line 1.
  • Wanted to try the script but I'm getting the black screen problem (ui window turns black after inserting "trial" as licence). 
    "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network" was already on.
    Should I wait for an update or is there a fix?

Windows 10
    CC 2017.2

Thanks
  • Trial version brings up "unable to execute script at line 1. File or Folder does not exist"
    opening settings I get "unable to execute script at line 1.Function getAllEffects is undefined"

CC2017, OSX 10.12.5
  • Hey folks.  I forgot to include some files in the update last night.  I've posted an updated version of KBar (v1.0.1) with the missing files.  You just need to re-download it and try again.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
  • :D Just took some time last week to finally set up ft-Toolbar w/ custom icons and had to decide about the pixel size…
    Now KBar w/ scalable SVG icons - also including color and transparency: nice!   :)
    One thing: It would be fantastic to have the description option with scripts as well. So instead of a mouse over "Run "myTestScriptIForgotWhatItDoes.jsx"", I could change it to "DO STUFF" :D  …or have it without any mouse over, if the icon is descriptive enough.

Thanks, great work!

Hey Lars, thanks for the feedback!  For descriptive icons you can always use Text Labels.  As for the tooltips just add a proposal here:

and I'll consider it for a future release.

Cheers,
    -Rafi
  • Hey! I've never had a custom tool bar for after effects, and was considering buying one. Kbar popped up right in time! It has been great so far! Although I noticed an issue with the "Run menu command" button. I can make a button for everything except "purge > All memory and disk cache..." even if I use the direct command I get an error (app.executeCommand(10200);)  Error images attached :) Any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/3Jh7Ei9.jpg ;

PS: Your update 1.1 won't download off of AE scripts http://i.imgur.com/7TS1Gzy.png

• Hey Taylor, can you open up a support ticket for this?  (https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1079

Thanks!

Hey! I've never had a custom tool bar for after effects, and was considering buying one. Kbar popped up right in time! It has been great so far! Although I noticed an issue with the "Run menu command" button. I can make a button for everything except "purge > All memory and disk cache..." even if I use the direct command I get an error (app.executeCommand(10200);)  Error images attached :) Any ideas?

PS: Your update 1.1 won't download off of AE scripts http://i.imgur.com/7TS1Gzy.png

• Hey Taylor.  The upload has been fixed.  Thanks for reporting the issue.

As for clearing memory.  A few folks have had the same problem but the command code always fixes it.  10200 Make sure you type it in (vs pasting it from somewhere).

Hey! I've never had a custom tool bar for after effects, and was considering buying one. Kbar popped up right in time! It has been great so far! Although I noticed an issue with the "Run menu command" button. I can make a button for everything except "purge > All memory and disk cache..." even if I use the direct command I get an error (app.executeCommand(10200);)  Error images attached :) Any ideas?

• I'm only seeing the black window in AE 2015, full Kbar works in AE 2017
  • I'm only seeing the black window in AE 2015, full Kbar works in AE 2017
    You need a slightly newer version of 2015 (13.6 and above).  That's a bug on my side.
  • Wow ... redownloaded it and tried it 
    i've to say its a new Generation of toolbars for Ae 
    simple , slick & powerful

My notes:
    1*) i faced a biiiiiiiiig problem with using my own Png as an icon which is limited with (4kb) as a maximum size .. and that so hard to do and not practical.
    i created about + 240 icons through last years .. which i love to share with u guys .

2*) the window the browsing the required png is So Small & unresizable, i couldnot brows in full screen
    ===============================
    again , i Love ur work bro, good job man
    and keep going 
    after using : ((after ease, easy breake & Kbar ))  ... u should be proud  :)

• Wow ... redownloaded it and tried it 
    i've to say its a new Generation of toolbars for Ae 
    simple , slick & powerful

My notes:
    1*) i faced a biiiiiiiiig problem with using my own Png as an icon which is limited with (4kb) as a maximum size .. and that so hard to do and not practical.
    i created about + 240 icons through last years .. which i love to share with u guys .

2*) the window the browsing the required png is So Small & unresizable, i couldnot brows in full screen
    ===============================
    again , i Love ur work bro, good job man
    and keep going 
    after using : ((after ease, easy breake & Kbar ))  ... u should be proud  :)

Thanks! What are the file sizes of the icons you use?
  • icon sizes from 18 to 28 kb  
  • Hi, i'm thinking about buying this tool, but i got trouble: whi i'm clicking on browse button - browser opens behind After Effects Window, so i need to turn AE window down and than open it again to see browser window. I got two monitors, maybe this help
  • Hi, i'm thinking about buying this tool, but i got trouble: whi i'm clicking on browse button - browser opens behind After Effects Window, so i need to turn AE window down and than open it again to see browser window. I got two monitors, maybe this help
    Unfortunately it's caused by a bug in AE.  There are other options however they come with other side effects which would make a worse experience for you.  The current behavior was the lesser-of-many-evils.

• icon sizes from 18 to 28 kb  
    Noted.  Can you send me a support ticket with some of the icons so I can check them out?
  • Rafi Khan said:
    icon sizes from 18 to 28 kb  
    Noted.  Can you send me a support ticket with some of the icons so I can check them out?
    Done
  • Icon size 4KB - strange solution
    ICON crops top and bottom 
  • Hi,

I tired to to make a Button for "Purge/All Memory & Disk Cache..." It shows me the term as a menu item when I create the Button, but when I press it, I get the error: "Command Id was not found/ Perhaps there was a typo?"
    Do I need to inculde the main menu point when I want to create submenu point?
  • And another question.Is there a way to open two instances of KBar so I can dock different Toolbars in different places?
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Hi, i'm thinking about buying this tool, but i got trouble: whi i'm clicking on browse button - browser opens behind After Effects Window, so i need to turn AE window down and than open it again to see browser window. I got two monitors, maybe this help
    Unfortunately it's caused by a bug in AE.  There are other options however they come with other side effects which would make a worse experience for you.  The current behavior was the lesser-of-many-evils.

Sad news. And what about creating Solid in comp not in project window?
  • When opening up a Script UI Panel (Duik for example). It opens up an undockable version of the script rather than either the docked version or a dockable one. Am I missing something or is this not implemented yet?

Regardless, great work on this extension!
  • Hi,

I tired to to make a Button for "Purge/All Memory & Disk Cache..." It shows me the term as a menu item when I create the Button, but when I press it, I get the error: "Command Id was not found/ Perhaps there was a typo?"
    Do I need to inculde the main menu point when I want to create submenu point?
    I ran into this issue aswell but fixed it by making a 'Scriptlet' with app.executeCommand(10200) as the text that performs the same function.
  • When I want to add fast blur then in the list it does not appear and other obsolete effects also. 
    You can make a drop-down menu to show more effects?
    My version AE is CC 2017
    Thank you
  • I ran into this issue aswell but fixed it by making a 'Scriptlet' with app.executeCommand(10200) as the text that performs the same function.
    OOOh my god ...
    finally there is a purge button 
    thank you man so much
    it works perfectly 
  • When opening up a Script UI Panel (Duik for example). It opens up an undockable version of the script rather than either the docked version or a dockable one. Am I missing something or is this not implemented yet?

the script is very, very good!!!
  • It is impossible to add a non-standard item from AE menu, for example "Newton 2" or "Un-PreCompose". It finds only standard menu items.

Also, the window size of Kbar is reset when AE is reopened.
    If Kbar has an extension button and at the same time this extension is already open, then pressing the button does not make the extension window active if it was not selected.
  • Hi again, when i'm using Element 3D, trying to put material to some model, Element disappearing and i see only cursor with a material icon. When i close Kbar extension - everything is good
  • I'm getting black screen and "script error at line 1" as well.  ETA on fix, please?

Scott
  • I'm getting black screen and "script error at line 1" as well.  ETA on fix, please?

Scott
    Its fixed.  Please download the latest version (1.0.1)
  • Hi again, when i'm using Element 3D, trying to put material to some model, Element disappearing and i see only cursor with a material icon. When i close Kbar extension - everything is good
    Hey Dartr, please open a support ticket on this issue.
  • It is impossible to add a non-standard item from AE menu, for example "Newton 2" or "Un-PreCompose". It finds only standard menu items.

Also, the window size of Kbar is reset when AE is reopened.
    If Kbar has an extension button and at the same time this extension is already open, then pressing the button does not make the extension window active if it was not selected.
    Hi Ben,

Non-standard menu items - Unfortunately no.  Its a limitation of AE.

Window size of KBar - bug in AE.

Opening an extension that's already open - this is also a bug/behavior of AE.

This is a bug in KBar.  I'll fix this in the next minor update of KBar (coming soon).
  • And another question.Is there a way to open two instances of KBar so I can dock different Toolbars in different places?
    Unfortunately not at this time.  Feel free to add it as a proposal for the next version:

https://bitbucket.org/khanyu/kbar/issues?status=new&status=open
  • Rafi Khan said:
    I'm getting black screen and "script error at line 1" as well.  ETA on fix, please?

Scott
    I just bought Kbar today.  I installed v1.01 and tested it on my Mac at work running OS 10.10.5 on both AE CC2015 and CC 2017.  Same result on both:  black screen followed by script error which had to be dismissed five times.  Please advise.

Scott
  • Rafi Khan said:
    I'm getting black screen and "script error at line 1" as well.  ETA on fix, please?

Scott
    I just bought Kbar today.  I installed v1.01 and tested it on my Mac at work running OS 10.10.5 on both AE CC2015 and CC 2017.  Same result on both:  black screen followed by script error which had to be dismissed five times.  Please advise.

Scott
    Hey Scott, can you open up a support ticket and send me a screenshot of the errors?

• Can I use KBar to create buttons to launch Extensions?
  • Can I use KBar to create buttons to launch Extensions?
    Yes.   When you add a new button it's the "Open Extension" menu option
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Rafi Khan said:

Scott

Scott
    Hey Scott, can you open up a support ticket and send me a screenshot of the errors?

Submitted ticket.  Getting same problem with v1.03.  See attached movie file.
    mov
    mov
    Kbar_probs_v1.03.mov