Projection 3D
  • Hi,

I am interseting to buy it. 
    But I would like to know if we can use this plugin with pitcures up than 4k?(ex: 10000x2500 px)
    Thanks
  • Hi  Fabien Mourre
    You can use any resolution.

• Thanks for your quick reply!
    I am trying it. Hope it's will be what I need for my parallaxes!
  • Is it possible to export the objects with the projection applied? 
  • Hi Justin Berrington

No, It is Immpossible
  • Hiya. Just bought this. Any chance of a proper audio/visual tutorial? Please. Thankyou. colin
  • Hi Justin Berrington

No, It is Immpossible
    Hi I kinda feel like this is a bit of a cop out. I realize that tutorials are hard to make, but I just bought this as well. Lots of the things you are showing dont seem to work(and could possibly be remedied by a proper tutorial with some audio), the main thing is importing an obj to the script from a 3d software, this thing wont line up at all....and there is no way to tell whats wrong by the tutorial. At the very least you should provide some files that are used in the tutorials

• Hi clayton douglas
    Ok, we will add examples of works
    I hope it will be useful
    In the coming days we plan to write another video tutorial
  • Hi clayton douglas
    Ok, we will add examples of works
    I hope it will be useful
    In the coming days we plan to write another video tutorial
    Thanks....I think it will help us figure this thing out more throuroughly, and will probably boost your sales a bit.
  • Hello Clayton,

Your script really looks exciting and promising. I would like to purchase it but I would like to know if you are planning on creating more detailed instructional video. For example on the Revolve instruction you used a beer photo as a practical application exercise. It looks great except I would like to see the steps on how to apply back the photo onto the 3D extruded product. On your video you showed the left, right, and back then goes straight to the finished stepped. 

I have a container extruded with Revolve and the original photo with the container masked out but I do not know how to add the 3D container back in with the face of the original container. Thank you in advance. 
  • Hi Nik Fus

We plan to create many tutorials.
    Tomorrow I will explain in detail (Revolve tool).
  • Okay thank you : )
  • Hi Nik Fus
    Open support ticket and I'll send you the tutorial.
  • Done!!! Much appreciated
  • I want to buy it but your tutorials are a little hard to follow (or I'm too lazy), will you post some in depth tutorials with audio?, or at least separate tutorials for every tool?
    I'd like to see some for extruding people's faces , you know, the kind of stuff you show in the demo
  • Plugin interface crashes on ae cc2017 and cc2018.
    Not a happy camper :(
  • These tutorials are bloody tough to follow.  Things move incredibly quickly.

I've a question - I've managed to identity the back of the room in this provided image and video.

I'm on tutorial one, at the 8 min 55 sec mark - 

I'm trying to figure out how to set the dimensions of the room, particularly the front of the room.  With the front points of this room, there doesn't seem to be any explanation of how to let After Effects/Projection 3D know where these front points are.  I've probably watched this tutorial about 15 or 20 times and still can't figure it out. 

Here's my attempt - 

The lines of the room are completely off at the front and I can't figure out how to change this.

Any further explanation would be really helpful.  At the moment, I'm following all the mouse moves and instructions (and watching the thing at 25% normal speed) and still struggling.

I'm incredibly excited to figure out how to use this plug-in, it's potential is truly amazing.  But I'm finding it tough so far!!

--- ADDITIONAL NOTE ----
    at 17.44 there is a cut.  What happens in this cut?  I can't figure this out and it's basically the step between almost having the 3D projection working and not having anything at all to work with.  

Cheers, 

Rob
  • Hi Rob

You have to edit the image in Photoshop.
    Separate foreground and background elements in the room(clean up work)
    Then change projection images
    Like this 4.18
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9pI1Xa21A

Or open support ticket and we will try to help you.
    Best Regards
    Nataworkstudio

• I agree with the other comments. I can't follow these tutorials for anything. I'm trying to do a very simple scene and can't get a result..

Also, how can you use images that already have an alpha channel? Like would be a common matte painting workflow, having everything separated in layers. When I create a projection now it's on a white layer and I lose my matte. I hope this isn't a limitation of the script because that would make it useless for my needs. I was curious in the video tutorial why he was rotoing the car when it was already a 2D image...
  • Hi Dustin

Imagine that the white solid is a white wall. You have a projector and you insert an image on it . The projector projects only what it sees, and there, where is empty, the wall remains white. The script works fine, the projection system is the same everywhere, and in 3d programs, and in after effects.

Check out this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMsFf5jGB0c&t=453s

If this does not help, record the process of your work, and we will try to help you.

Best Regards

Nataworkstudio

• Hi, I'm having trouble with your plugin using Ae 2017-is there an update?
  • Hi Steve
    Open support ticket and tell me what the problem is.

Best Regards

Nataworkstudio

• solids build inaccurately, Space between the geometry. 
  • Hi Steve
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • More video tutorials please. Would love one of projecting faces.
  • Ae 15.1.0 (build 166) Windows 10 (build 16299.309)
    I'm using the Trial at the moment - Very interested in buying but having technical issues. See Below:

The P3D interface seems to freeze up, sometimes.
    It seems like it might have something to do with what tool is selected in Ae.
    When this happens, its almost impossible to recover. 
    Any ideas or tricks I should know?

Cheers - Fred 
  • I also get this error, sometimes.
    Very hard to reproduce.
    Ae Error.PNG
    447 x 134 - 11K
  • Hi Fred Maher
    Specifically, in what situations does this error occur?
    Make sure that "Allow scripts to write files and access network" is marked and "Enable javascript debugger" is unmarked.
    If you are running the script from file /scripts /run script file...
    try to run the script from ui panel.
  • I figured it out.
    It was because my Renderer was set to the Cinema 4D renderer.
    Once I switched to "Classic 3D" everything behaved as expected.
    You may want to point that out in your tutorials and documentation. ;-)
    Maybe you did somewhere but, in your tutorial, your point about setting the Shadow Mapper to 4000 seems like more of a suggestion than a prerequisite.
    It looks like you made this before the C4D or Ray Tracing options were available so, that's life.

Cheers - Fred
  • Hi Fred
    I know that the Projection 3D works only in the classic renderer.
    I forgot to tell you.
    I'm glad that you yourself found the problem. :)

Best Regards
  • Cheers! Just bought it. -F
  • I wish you many useful projects :)
    Best Regards 
    NataWorkStudio
  • Just picked up 3D Projection during the sale, mostly to just put in my toolkit for now as it might be awhile before I've much time to take it for a spin.

However, seeing as it is compatible back to CS 5.5, I'm a bit disappointed that your included sample files are not.  Once again, us CS6 users, the red-headed step children of the Adobe family will, as we've done for some time now, muddle along & figure it out with just the source files & inginuity. It's alright though. We're sort of used to it. ;)

• Hey, having an issue.
    following this tutorial

and all seems good until Precomposing around 7:43. Camera no longer sees projection after I precompose. 
  • Hello to the team.

i bought this product. :)

Could you please tell me on how much computers i can activate this plugin with one license, please?
    (I have a desktop and a cintiq tablet)

Also: will there be an update soon (optimization of the workflow)? I saw that the latest update was from January.

Keep up the good work! :)

Kind regards, Bart

• I'd really like to see a tutorial of the kitchen scene that comes with the trial version.
  • Hey there

Im really excited to try out this software but unfortunately I keep getting the following error when I get to create projection step. I've tried multiple attempts and it seems to crash at various time. Any suggestions?

"Unable to execute script at line 0. After effects error: Can not run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for a response."

got a new one, just trying to load the app:

"Unable to execute script at line 1314. After effects error: Can not "set value" with this property, because the property or a parent property is hidden."

• Hi Samuel Rustenburg

If the 'Projection 3D' gives an error, just restart the script. No need to start first.
    I will check it out :)

If you have questions please open support ticket.

Best Regards
  • Just tried the plugin. It seems very capable, but not something I can learn in time for my current project. Can anyone help me turn one vintage photo into a slow/mild dolly-in move? You can find my email at the bottom of this page... www.imagix.dk.

Thanks
    Anders
  • Is this compatible with CC 2019?
  • CC2019 -- The script loads, but is a little sluggish on updating information (not a big problem).  The issue I have is that the Helper Grid comes into After Effects with an odd orientation... with Z going where Y should go, and the front/back is rotated 180°.  While I can correct this, the "top/bottom/left/right/front/back" indicators seem to be tied to the crazy axis.  In any event, when I click "create solids" from the helper grid I get a bunch of solids, but none of them seem to align to anything specific -- they're just floating out in space at different sizes.  Very odd.
  • I can not see the projection image on 5000*2500px composition. ( Every step has no error)
    Is there any limitation of composition or image size?
  • Hi HRU MSD

There is no limitation, you can use any resalution.
    Watch the tutorials carefully.

Best Regards
  • Hi, 

I wonder if you can help. I saw that someone else had an issue where the surfaces were not being drawn correctly (there were spaces) and that setting the renderer to classic 3D solved the issue.
    I've got the same issue but I have already got my renderer set to Classic 3D and it's giving me a very strange cube (screenshot attached)
    Is there anything you can suggest?

Thanks
    Russell
    screenshot.jpg
    339 x 347 - 53K
  • Guys, I found a workaround for the lack of alpha support on your images once you've mapped them. Duplicate the Projection Scene precomp which has the thing in it that needs alpha. In the new precomp, give the source image a luma matte version of your image (your alpha channel). Then use the new precomp as a luma matte for your layer with the correct image. Now you have it with alpha.
  • I just discovered this tool and it's really amazing for what it can do.

However, the tutorials are EXTREMELY painful to follow. Besides the music, which is a superficial thing but gets very annoying for a full 24 minutes, it's really difficult to follow precisely what's happening without explanations.

Like Chapter 1, it goes through a bunch of options, but as a viewer you think that there's a methodology at play and you're trying to show us something specific, and it takes much too long to realise you're just clicking on things to show what they do. I realise you say it's about the interface, but usually a quick demo like that shows not just what a button does, but how it applies to a project, and this tutorial fails to show thorough application. So it feels like a workflow is being demo'ed through stuff that's being clicked on, but there is no workflow or reason, it's literally just clicking stuff, while as a viewer, it takes a while to realise I'm not stupid for not following why you're clicking on some things.

With something like projection, I don't recall ever hearing you explain exactly WHY a certain number of copies should be selected in the options, but I managed to figure that out.

Chapter 2 at the end mentions how 'if you don't know how I projected this, please watch chapter 3'. It's extremely confusing, because it makes you feel like you missed an explanation, meaning you go back to watch it again, and again there's no explanation. Instead, it would've been better to say something like 'please watch chapter 3 for a better explanation of projecting', because that way the viewer doesn't feel like he's an idiot for missing something.

Deciding what anchor point you want to work from for an object isn't explained properly either, I got the idea behind it from CHAPTER 3 only, where I could see how your anchor selection affects scaling (on the car).

There's just too much happening on screen without reason or explanation. It's a shame because you have a really good tool here and I have a friend who's not a native english speaker and he gave up trying to understand the tutorials before buying, and he doesn't want to purchase this and deal with spending too much time figuring it out. I've already bought it but it's really painful to sit through the tutorials.

• Hi Mario

Very soon there will be a new update, with new features and with new tutorials.
    I think the tutorials will be easy and more understandable.
    Please wait a little bit.

Best Regards
    Nataworkstudio
  • For anyone else struggling with the tutorials, watch this video to understand the core concepts which this plugin utilizes: