• Hi there :

This is truly a powerful tool doing some trail effect!
    and is it possible generating 1 line instead of 2 in the count setting?

It might be more convinient for me, Thanks.
  • Hi there :

This is truly a powerful tool doing some trail effect!
    and is it possible generating 1 line instead of 2 in the count setting?

It might be more convinient for me, Thanks.
    Thank you, Bo-Yin Chen. 1 line is not included because it's not generate the trail. You can make 1 line playing with abstract lines. Just go to the contents and simply delete on of the line. 
  • Hi,
    Great product, but can you tell me how to improve the line quality (crispness/smoothness). Things look a bit bitmapped.

• Hi,
    Great product, but can you tell me how to improve the line quality (crispness/smoothness). Things look a bit bitmapped.

Hi David, 

Thank you! You can go to effect number 4 (Levels) and play with histogram)
    Снимок экрана 2017-09-29 в 21.20.00.png
    680 x 702 - 111K
  • Hi,

I am using AE CS6 and downloaded a trial version. Style, width, count etc does not work. How to check this effect? Will it be working with my CS6?
  • Hi,

I am using AE CS6 and downloaded a trial version. Style, width, count etc does not work. How to check this effect? Will it be working with my CS6?
    Hi iwona. thanks for your interest. In the trial version you can use only cartoon style animation. Abstract is not available.
  • when i use Cartoon, it is work, but in abstract mode, it have 18 errors notes: 'End'(line1) of layer 1('shape layer 1') in comp 'Comp1' , property or method named 'end' in Class 'Group' is missing or does not exist. It may have bee renamed, moved , deleted, ........... how can i fix it?
    螢幕快照 2017-10-01 下午7.50.50.png
    3888 x 2678 - 2M
  • when i use Cartoon, it is work, but in abstract mode, it have 18 errors notes: 'End'(line1) of layer 1('shape layer 1') in comp 'Comp1' , property or method named 'end' in Class 'Group' is missing or does not exist. It may have bee renamed, moved , deleted, ........... how can i fix it?
    Can you attach the project please ?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-eOuy5BdlgXeS1YWjkwUkpkdGs/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-eOuy5BdlgXeS1YWjkwUkpkdGs/view?usp=sharing
    I see you have used gradient stroke. To make it work fine you need to use regular strokes and don't use any modifiers before you generate the lines. We will fix that in future update very soon. Sorry for this problem. 
  • I can't change the width or count and my comp shape layer shows missing:super lines   

Update.....I feel so embarrassed ...usually when I click anywhere in the box to change numbers it works but with Super Lines  I have to put my mouse at the far right of the box for it to register.  So sorry to have wasted your time everything is working thus far. no error messages to report of.  Thanks again for a great script. looking forward to any updates. 
  • Just purchased this thinking it is really cool...but it  is not generating a effect on the layer...it is basically doing nothing. cc2014
  • Hey, it seems I'm not getting all the controls that are in the plugin. I only have dash settings and trim path. Am i missing something here?image
  • Hey, it seems I'm not getting all the controls that are in the plugin. I only have dash settings and trim path. Am i missing something here?image
    Hi, you need to switch to abstract style, there are other settings in this option. Thanks
  • Hello! Great Script, but it seems that "Apply to Position" doesn't work when "Separate Dimensions" is activated. Or did I miss something?
    Thank you!
    Daniel
  • Hello! Great Script, but it seems that "Apply to Position" doesn't work when "Separate Dimensions" is activated. Or did I miss something?
    Thank you!
    Daniel
    Thanks, Daniel. Yes, unfortunately it is not working right now. But we will fix that in the future update. It's will be very soon. 
  • Doesn't work with CC 2018!
    Hi Rowan, sorry for this problem. 

1. Make sure you clicked on checkbox in preferences > general > "Allow scripts to write files and access network"
    2. If the problem is not fixed try to put this preset manually to this folder  /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Presets

link to download the presets : https://goo.gl/jE14FR

Hi Rowan, sorry for this problem. 

1. Make sure you clicked on checkbox in preferences > general > "Allow scripts to write files and access network"
    2. If the problem is not fixed try to put this preset manually to this folder  /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Presets

link to download the presets : https://goo.gl/jE14FR
    Actually, only the Abstract preset seems to work. The Cartoon preset adds a bunch of "DO NOT TOUCH Keylight" effects. Also, every time I start Ae, a folder called "Documents/Super Lines Presets" is created on my Desktop, with both preset files inside.

Trying your tips did not solve the problem. Can you update Super Lines so it's compatible with CC 2018 please?
  • i have just bought this plugin and when i ram preview my lines are glitching. I'm animating them using a time expression on the dash settings offset spinner. Why is this happening?? I've tried soloing to see if that makes any difference but the glitching is still happening. My lines are running straight left to right across the screen
  • i have just bought this plugin and when i ram preview my lines are glitching. I'm animating them using a time expression on the dash settings offset spinner. Why is this happening?? I've tried soloing to see if that makes any difference but the glitching is still happening. My lines are running straight left to right across the screen
    Hi Michelle, please go to edit>purge>all memory and disk cache. Or just change some "random seed" in the super lines settings. Let me know if it helped. If not please give me your skype.
  • Simple question really. Are you going to update this script to work with CC2018? I'd love to buy it but I'm using CC2018. Thanks!
  • Simple question really. Are you going to update this script to work with CC2018? I'd love to buy it but I'm using CC2018. Thanks!
    Hi, yes. We will update it very soon. Thanks
  • hello i have a problem with abstract lines, now when i use it, it doesnt trim when i pute generate lines... i just have a green line...it was working yesterday...but today only the cartoon is triming correctly, that's weird...and problematic i only use the abstract one...
  • Hi, is this not compatible with 2017.2? And if not, is there an expected support date? Thanks!
  • Any date for the plugin to be compatible with CC2018 version of AE? Thank you.
  • Ever going to update this for 2018? You gave me a one-day timeline like a month ago. 
  • Ever going to update this for 2018? You gave me a one-day timeline like a month ago. 
    Hi Chris, it's almost there. We upload it this week. Sorry for long update. Thanks
  • Hi,

Great script. Would love to see in a future update the option to add between 1-4/5 colours of your choice rather than having to duplicate the layer making things all a lot slower.
  • Watched your tutorial. Thank you for showing how you created your samples. Would you be willing to post/send the AE files? I'd like to see in greater detail how you created the last example (with the walking letters).

• Hi Yaroslav,

I updated to the newest version of Super Lines (first removed the old file, opened AE, closed it, then put the new file in the scripts folder) But I've still got the "do not touch"  error. (See attachment)

• Finally it's fixed :) Thanks! Great plug-in xoxo
  • Finally it's fixed :) Thanks! Great plug-in xoxo
    Thanks Rowan. I hope it is will be useful for you as much as you want!
  • Hi Yaroslav,

I updated to the newest version of Super Lines (first removed the old file, opened AE, closed it, then put the new file in the scripts folder) But I've still got the "do not touch"  error. (See attachment)

Hi, it is how the script works. Please don't worry about that. To get this effect I've used some standard effects. So I marked them like do not touch. But the abstract one is working without effects. So you don't get this do not touch names. I hope it's clear. Thanks
  • Hello, when I apply super lines to a path etc, it doesn't show up in the effects panel, when I click apply to position I get a new file, but still no effect.
  • Hello, when I apply super lines to a path etc, it doesn't show up in the effects panel, when I click apply to position I get a new file, but still no effect.
    Hi steve. Can you send me some screenshot? or simply add me to skype : ykononov12
    I'll help you directly. Thanks
  • Youtube review  
  • hello, after using your plugin for a comp i notice that my lines move in position at the end of the comp when i render them out. is there any work around for this ? ive done everything i possible could think of that could change the values in my comp
  • Hi Jeppe you can simply change the random seed of the position random property.thanks
  • Hi Jeppe you can simply change the random seed of the position random property.thanks
    ive been deleting all random seeds and put all positions at 0 but after a while the lines start to jump in hierarchy and position, even tho the lines were working earlyer when u start to work on other things in the comp the lines can start to jump at random even tho no values were touched and it was working flawlessly earlyer, ive tryed to use both AE 2017 and 2018 and the same problem occurs in several comps even on different computers the same thing happens. do you have any work around for this?
    ive been deleting all random seeds and put all positions at 0 but after a while the lines start to jump in hierarchy and position, even tho the lines were working earlyer when u start to work on other things in the comp the lines can start to jump at random even tho no values were touched and it was working flawlessly earlyer, ive tryed to use both AE 2017 and 2018 and the same problem occurs in several comps even on different computers the same thing happens. do you have any work around for this?
    Please send me the project file. 
    Please send me the project file. 
    sent you a message with the file and a video of the problem.
  • Hi Yaro!  I'm using Super Lines on CS6, but in the effects panel it says the plugin is missing, despite it working. 

Also when using the cartoon lines I only have the dash settings and trim paths options available when it looks like I should have time, width, transform etc as well.  Please help?
  • Hi Yaro!  I'm using Super Lines on CS6, but in the effects panel it says the plugin is missing, despite it working. 

Also when using the cartoon lines I only have the dash settings and trim paths options available when it looks like I should have time, width, transform etc as well.  Please help?
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.8px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font: 12.0px Helvetica; font-kerning: none} span.s2 {font-kerning: none}

Hi, it's okay. On CS6 we can't fix that. It just says the plugin is missing, but it's working. On the cartoon lines, that's how it's should be. Everything is okay with that. Because on the cartoon lines we have a different algorithm and you can't use the same options as in the abstract lines. It's two completely different options that have different effects. Let me know if it's clear. Thanks

• Are you going to add support for 2019? I'm interested in this product but seems not working in latest 2018 and newer 2019 release.
    Thank you for your answer.
  • I can't open AE 2019 when the file is put inside of the Script UI Panel. So it's not something I'm able to us in 2019. Any way around this?
  • It works fine with CC2019. I can't wait to use it on a project, real time saver. Controlling width randomness with some different easing modes ( linear, cubic, quart, noise etc ) should be great for the next version. Thanks. 
  • Hi Yaro,

My 'Generate lines' and 'Apply to position' buttons aren't showing.

Any idea why this might be?
  • Hi Yaro,

My 'Generate lines' and 'Apply to position' buttons aren't showing.

Any idea why this might be?
    I should mention here...it doesn't show even when I select abstract lines. 
  • Hello, 

This was working on AE 2018 but no longer works since updating to 2019 - I click "generate lines" and nothing happens. Tried reinstalling still doesn't work.