Squash & Stretch
  • Hi Agostinho,
    yes, you can use the videos you created with Squash & Stretch in any way you want. That is also the case for the free version. :-)

Hello, I have my channel logo which I would like to animate with your plugin. If I choose the free version, will I be allowed to then use that intro in all my YouTube videos or not? Kind regards

• Thanks for your response! I appreciate it! Cheers!
  • Hi,

When trying to install the free version on zxp installer, I keep getting the message : Installation failed because of a file operation error.

Any idea what it might be?

Thanks,
  • Hi Gabriel,

please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/

Then I can assign it directly to the developer of the installer and he will be able to solve it quickly.
    Hi,

When trying to install the free version on zxp installer, I keep getting the message : Installation failed because of a file operation error.

Any idea what it might be?

Thanks,

• I cannot use it, the menu won't open or do anything, am on After Effects 2020
  • This looks like the installer has an issue on your machine.
    Please open a support ticket at
    and we will be able to help you.
    asdf asdf said:
    I cannot use it, the menu won't open or do anything, am on After Effects 2020

• Hi! 
    I have a problem with Squash and Stretch. I installed it and it opened in Adobe After effects CC 2015, but it can't apply any animation. I opened it, chose animation and I can't see the preview of the animation on a little screen inside program and apply button is grey and won't work. Why? What to do?
  • Hi Magda,

please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    Best attach a screenshot how the user interface without the preview and with the deactivated button looks like. It sounds like some error occurs during startup and stops the panel from initializing properly.
    In the ticket I can send you some more detailed instructions how to troubleshoot that.

Cheers
    Mathias

• Hi, I am installing the extension on ae 2017, but it does not run in the software. I even updated ZXP Installer, but it still did not work.

I downloaded ZXP Installer from this site!
  • Hi, I am installing the extension on ae 2017, but it does not run in the software. I even updated ZXP Installer, but it still did not work.image
    Hi Shahryar,
    please open a support ticket here and attach a screenshot of the error message.
  • Hi, I am installing the extension on ae 2017, but it does not run in the software. I even updated ZXP Installer, but it still did not work.image
    Hi Shahryar,
    please open a support ticket here and attach a screenshot of the error message.
    Hi, thank you for answering my questions
    I'm not error!
    But when I click on Squash & Stretch tab
    Squash & Stretch window does not open
  • Yes, that's a problem with Adobe's extension installation system that occurs on a few systems. The developer of our installer will be able to help you with that, but I can only forward your problem to the developer if you open a support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/

I'm not error!

• Yes, that's a problem with Adobe's extension installation system that occurs on a few systems. The developer of our installer will be able to help you with that, but I can only forward your problem to the developer if you open a support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/

I'm not error!

Ticket #1067791

Ticket #1067791

• Hi, I've installed S&S via the AE Scripts Plugin Manager but it doesn't work in the latest version of After Effects.

I can see S&S in the extensions menu but when I click on it nothing happens.

Thanks, Rob @ DBM Motion Graphics
  • Hi Rob,

I have seen that you also just opened a support ticket which is exactly the right thing to do in this case. I've assigned the ticket to the developer of our installer and he will get in touch with you soon to solve the issue.

This is not related to the latest version of Ae, but a general problem of Adobe's extension installation method. It works well on most machines, but from time to time it runs into some permission issues that cause the problem you describe. Kevin, the developer or our installer, will be able to help in that case and tell you what to do.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.
    Hi, I've installed S&S via the AE Scripts Plugin Manager but it doesn't work in the latest version of After Effects.

I can see S&S in the extensions menu but when I click on it nothing happens.

Thanks, Rob @ DBM Motion Graphics

• Hi mamoworld - thanks for replying and for your help with the support ticket. That's got it working now
  • Thank you for the feedback and great to hear that it is working now, Rob :-)
    Hi mamoworld - thanks for replying and for your help with the support ticket. That's got it working now

• Hey

I seem to have exactly the same problem as a few users who commented below
    I've installed S&S via the AE Scripts Plugin Manager but it doesn't work in After Effects 2021.  I can see S&S in the extensions menu but when I click on it nothing happens. I'm running the software on Windows 10.

Thanks for your help!

Petra
  • Hi Petra,
    I've seen that you just created a support ticket for this and that's exactly the right approach to solve the issue. I assigned the ticket to the developer of our installer who will be able to help you. 

Hey

I seem to have exactly the same problem as a few users who commented below
    I've installed S&S via the AE Scripts Plugin Manager but it doesn't work in After Effects 2021.  I can see S&S in the extensions menu but when I click on it nothing happens. I'm running the software on Windows 10.

Thanks for your help!

Petra

• Same issue. It doesn't start anymore. 
  • Same answer: please open a support ticket such that we can help you asap:
    Max Max said:
    Same issue. It doesn't start anymore. 

• hello, how did you solve the problem? I also have the same thing. Does not open, but appears in menu
  • Yes, there is a solution: Open a support ticket and the developer of our installer will send you instructions how to fix it.It just affects a few machines and if yours is one of those machines, some manual steps / checks are necessary. I am sorry that there is no fully automated workaround.

Please open a ticket at
    hello, how did you solve the problem? I also have the same thing. Does not open, but appears in menu

• If Squash & Stretch does not open on your machine, please see here for a solution:

• If Squash & Stretch does not open on your machine, please see here for a solution:

Thanks a lot for this!
  • Do you think they'll ever be a Premiere Pro version of this, probably asking for too much, just wanting to know about that, Thank You 

• Currently we have no plans for that. Premiere does not really offer the deformation effects we would need for that. But you can use Ae together with Pr with dynamic link. These tutorials help you to get started using Squash & Stretch if you are used to Pr but never touched Ae before:

BRAZO KP said:
    Do you think they'll ever be a Premiere Pro version of this, probably asking for too much, just wanting to know about that, Thank You 

• Where is download button?
  • Hi Marina,
    you need to add it to the cart and "purchase" it for $0.
    It is free, you don't need to register any payment information, but you have to create a customer account.
    Where is download button?

• Hi, this is awesome, thinking about getting the PRO version. One question though, is it possible to bake the created effect on the layer to keyframes for position/rotation and so on? Reason is that I want to use this with bodymovin to export lottie/svg animation without effecting the size of the file? (if i pre-render with the effect, files sizes will be huge)
  • Hi mai,

Squash & Stretch generates keyframes on position/rotation/scale/anchor AND keyframes on a bezier warp effect. This bezier warp cannot be replaced by transform keyframes, since it deforms the layer, which cannot be done with pos/rot/scale only.
    If you set the squash & stretch amount slider to 0%, Squash & Streth will only create position/rotation/scale/anchor keys and no deformation. So this is something you can export as lottie/svg.
    But I don't think there is a way to export the deformation, too.

Hi, this is awesome, thinking about getting the PRO version. One question though, is it possible to bake the created effect on the layer to keyframes for position/rotation and so on? Reason is that I want to use this with bodymovin to export lottie/svg animation without effecting the size of the file? (if i pre-render with the effect, files sizes will be huge)

• is there going to be another extension soon?? ( im a big fan!)
  • Hi Alon,
    I am currently working on Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro, which I hope to release within the next few month.

is there going to be another extension soon?? ( im a big fan!)

• For people having issue with this plugin window not opening when selecting from windows>extensions, following this guide worked for me: 

• This download is useless. Why can't you post the actual file extension for After Effects?
    You want me to download another app and a custom unzipper to use this freebie.

Shame on you, said while moving one index finger over another...
  • The proper file extension for Adobe extensions is zxp and the only way to install those is using third party tools like our ZXP installer. Adobe does not offer any installer and expects the developer like us to create their own installers or use their online store.
    You can also use the aescripts + aeplugins manager app (https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/) to install Squash & Stretch Free.

This download is useless. Why can't you post the actual file extension for After Effects?
    You want me to download another app and a custom unzipper to use this freebie.

Shame on you, said while moving one index finger over another...