• Ахаха "Остров невезения" ))
  • hi, recently purchased this, but can't seem to open the settings to tweak my favorites, I'm on windows 10... AE cc 2018, already ticked "Allow Scripts" on the preferences... what am I missing? Thanks

can't open this as shown on your guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7e48b9mo5cw0nc/Capture.PNG?dl=0
  • Hello, could You describe the issue a little bit more? The Settings window just does not show up? Or do You also see a warning dialog (alert type)?
    You can try to check the permissions to the configuration folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\R-smart\data. Or You can simply check if there are any files in this folder.
    You can also try to delete the entire parent folder R-smart, then close and open Quick Access again - the tool will be fully reset.
  • Settings button not responding. 
  • Bug fixed: settings window not opening.
  • There is a bug that still shows History even when the History box is unticked and also when it's ticked and set to 0.

Possible to have this fixed so it just shows a single or multiple Favourite list? 
  • Dear Chris Marriott,

If You uncheck the History checkbox in the settings window, then the only item that remains in the main list from the entire history is the last address used. The practice of using Quick Access has shown that it is more convenient to exclude this address from the history and display it even if the History box is unchecked.
    Multiple Favorite list is a great idea, we are thinking about its implementation.
  • Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I've got the History unchecked so it just shows the last address used - as you said.

So here is the Favourites pane. https://www.screencast.com/t/KjzGsUgft - So I'm actually just trying to have a single Folder ready so when I click the folder button it goes directly there. It's an asset library for quickly importing my custom visuals.

This is how it shows in AE by default - https://www.screencast.com/t/UNa1TqeugYFc But that first link selected isn't the Favourite. It's a history item even with history turned off. Wh8ch means It's not longer quick as I have to every time click the drop down arrow to choose the Shortened location to get there.

I would say setting the default favourite item or link would be highest priority because to save time I would think a lot of people have a default primary location. So this would help speed things up.

As you can see here - Some link I previously used is automatically selected - https://www.screencast.com/t/VhOSQ4IdWX

So I have to click the Drop down then select the Favourite I would like set as a default. Maybe a settings menu option for selecting a Default Location/Folder would be good also? Then you can override this so your primary location can be pre-set. Then the drop down could show you the other locations if needed.

• Ok, Chris

You're right, it's comfortable first of all to have access to your favorite. This place is often the root directory of materials (for example, brick textures). You can get to them in 2 clicks: by opening the list and then clicking on the list item. But usually You find the necessary images not in the root, but in a subfolder (for example, with old, clay or white bricks). If the address of the subfolder remains highlighted in the list, You can then open this subfolder in only one click (by clicking on the Import button). Therefore, the address of the last visited place has the highest priority.
    Hopefully, until Monday I will have time to add a few favorites. I’ll also add a checkbox to disable the last address. Would You like to try the test version?
  • Hi there,

Thanks for the detailed comments! And for sure some of that certainly makes sense.

If you have time to add a few of those options and enhancements it would be incredible. I would be more than happy to help test and try a new version out. Anything to help just let me know :)

Thanks so much,

Chris

• Sorry, the update is delayed for a few days.
  • R - Smart said:
    Sorry, the update is delayed for a few days.
    No trouble at all :) I'll check back here every couple of days. Thanks for the heads up.