• I am using the trial and I notice two things that I want to check on before a purchase... 1. The search does not seem to work for me.... is there a certain wildcard format I need to enter? If I want all files from a folder that have the word fun in their name... how could I do that? 2. I am not seeing all my scripts listed in the scripts section.... am I missing some way to add them or ???? Love the idea here so I hope I can get it working for me...
    1. It's only the latest version issue. We have fixed that already and will post in the next version of the AEviewer.
    2. It should list all scripts from the ScriptUI Panels folder. If it doesn't show all scripts, please open support ticket and attach the screenshot of your folder and AEviewer.
  • How do I "uninstall" this?  Where do the extension files get put?
  • How do I "uninstall" this?  Where do the extension files get put?
    You can uninstall extension using the aescripts ZXP installer.
  • This is amazing! Thank you!
    Please add support for .mov video files!!!! MANY stock assets are saved in either Apple ProRes or CineForm codecs. Both of which save as a .mov.
    PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!
    I've needed this for a long time!

• This is amazing! Thank you!
    Please add support for .mov video files!!!! MANY stock assets are saved in either Apple ProRes or CineForm codecs. Both of which save as a .mov.
    PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!
    I've needed this for a long time!

Thanks. :)
    We are working really hard on adding wide range or the codecs and will hopefully release it in next few versions.
  • Hello! If I buy one license, will I be able to switch script authorization on two computers?
  • Hello! If I buy one license, will I be able to switch script authorization on two computers?

Yes. The license allows for the software to be installed on up to two computers as long as they are not being used at the same time. If you need to install it on more than two computers or use them at the same time you will need additional licenses.

• Hello!
    When saving multiple projects with AEViewer Create Previews script, it stops responding and it falls.
    D drive is not yet supported yet?

AE Japan
    CC 2015
  • I am sorry frequently. When saving multiple projects with AEViewer Create Previews script, it stops responding and it falls.
    Do you have Japanese language support? When will the correction be done?

AE Japan
    CC 2015
  • Hello!
    When saving multiple projects with AEViewer Create Previews script, it stops responding and it falls.
    D drive is not yet supported yet?

AE Japan
    CC 2015
    Hi Kazuya,
    Could you please open support ticket and attach the screenshot of the settings you are using for creating previews?
  • PLEASE !
    we neeed to increase number of shown items .
    preset text category as example has = (350 presets)
    while window shows me 50 presets only
    and show the rest of presets i've to zoom in to force scroll bar to show .
    after all presets are shown up i zoom out to see them all.

Thx in advance 

i created a supported ticket too with more details just in case.
  • PLEASE !
    we neeed to increase number of shown items .
    preset text category as example has = (350 presets)
    while window shows me 50 presets only
    and show the rest of presets i've to zoom in to force scroll bar to show .
    after all presets are shown up i zoom out to see them all.

Thx in advance 

i created a supported ticket too with more details just in case.
    Hey, I've replied to your ticket. In short, it is possible to add such settings in newer versions.

• Yesterday I bought your product because I need to preview my fotage video but most of my video is in mov format and I have tried to convert it to the formats supported by your product but it does not work either you could help me because I really need it
  • Hi Cristobal,
    Thank you for purchasing.
    Could you please open a support ticket and attach the screenshot of the settings you have used to convert your footage and attach converted footage?
  • First ..
    Thx for removing limitaion of 50 of Preview. it made me so happy .
    my question is .
    i purchased both  big pack and AEV
    now i installed BP first. it shows me in extension (aeviewer BP)
    now, do i need to remove aeviwer PB then install full aeviwer ? or just install full aeviwer and it will automaticaly replace it or both will be exist ??
  • ooops 
    Unfotunatly Limitation still exist in AEV full version .

secondly,
    when installing aev
    both (AEV) & (AEV BP) are found . which somehow don't like .
    can i uninstall aev BP (only plugin not content) and how ? coz zxp installer can't read it any more .

sorry if things look like confusing . but its unclear for me 
  • First ..
    Thx for removing limitaion of 50 of Preview. it made me so happy .
    my question is .
    i purchased both  big pack and AEV
    now i installed BP first. it shows me in extension (aeviewer BP)
    now, do i need to remove aeviwer PB then install full aeviwer ? or just install full aeviwer and it will automaticaly replace it or both will be exist ??
    You can copy the "Projects" folder of the Big Pack to any folder and use only full version of the AEviewer. To remove the AEv BP, delete com.motionland.bigpack folder (you can find its location at the top of AEviewer BP).

I'm currently working on the update and will add settings for loading files. Will release an update in a few days. Sorry for a delay.
  • Picked this up thinking it would be perfect for AE.  Quickly realized that it doesn't seem to support 16bit / 32 bit files.  I have a folder full of 16bit tiffs and they're not visible in AEViewer.  Not even a generic thumbnail shows up.  Putting my request in now for more file format support as well as support for higher bit depths.
  • Picked this up thinking it would be perfect for AE.  Quickly realized that it doesn't seem to support 16bit / 32 bit files.  I have a folder full of 16bit tiffs and they're not visible in AEViewer.  Not even a generic thumbnail shows up.  Putting my request in now for more file format support as well as support for higher bit depths.
    Added to my "To Do" list.
  • Hi! When I use it in AE CC 2014, the right-click menu cannot be used at all. For example: Import only etc. There is no problem in Ae CC 2018. I hope to correct this problem.

• Just tested in AE CC 2018, Import Only, this dialog box pops up, using the system Win10 64bit AE CC2018 64bit
  • zhou car said:
    Hi! When I use it in AE CC 2014, the right-click menu cannot be used at all. For example: Import only etc. There is no problem in Ae CC 2018. I hope to correct this problem.

Hi,
    After Effects CC2014 is the first AE that had CEP framework and it's very buggy with lots of restrictions so we recommend using at least AE CC2015 (preferably the latest CC2018).
  • would be nice to have eps preview.
  • would be nice to have eps preview.
    Added to my "To do" list.
    I think we will be able to do this after new video formats and codecs will be supported.
  • Hello
    I am going to buy this,
    I want to know if I am creating a AE template and create previews with this AEViewer and sell in videohive, When a customer buy my template,
    Do the customer have to purchase AEViewer in order to view the preview of my template inside their aftereffects window ?
  • Hello
    I am going to buy this,
    I want to know if I am creating a AE template and create previews with this AEViewer and sell in videohive, When a customer buy my template,
    Do the customer have to purchase AEViewer in order to view the preview of my template inside their aftereffects window ?
    Hi,
    Yes, your customers will require purchasing the AEviewer as well, but soon we will release a mini-version of the AEviewer that will cost way cheaper and will also work with the projects and presets.
    You can subscribe to our news here:
  • Does it support defaault FFX previews in full version ?
    Does not show up in Demo , just basic ffx icon
  • toma ever said:
    Does it support defaault FFX previews in full version ?
    Does not show up in Demo , just basic ffx icon
    Hi, we do not support it yet. You need to create the previews manually so far.
  • Hello Alex, so I bought your script and started generating previews for my presets WITH THE SUPPLIED SCRIPT.
    when creating previews for AEP, I get thumbnail + animated preview, but when doing the same for FFX, I only get the animation, I have a black frame for all presets while not playing the previews in AEviewer.
    I tried to move the playhead at different time in the timeline and get the same result.
    I used OSX 10.13.3 and latest CC 2018
  • toma ever said:

Hello Alex, so I bought your script and started generating previews for my presets WITH THE SUPPLIED SCRIPT.

when creating previews for AEP, I get thumbnail + animated preview, but when doing the same for FFX, I only get the animation, I have a black frame for all presets while not playing the previews in AEviewer.
    I tried to move the playhead at different time in the timeline and get the same result.
    I used OSX 10.13.3 and latest CC 2018
    please open a support ticket
  • The customer service I received from Alex was exceptional.  This plugin has changed the way I edit and I'm for ever grateful for that.
    Great work on this plugin it is AWESOME!!
  • Hi there - bought the script, very good - however are there any plans to include Pro Res as a readable codec? Would be very useful, particularly to those on Mac platforms.
  • Hi there - bought the script, very good - however are there any plans to include Pro Res as a readable codec? Would be very useful, particularly to those on Mac platforms.
    Hi,
    We are getting closer to that. I think it would be ready within a month. 
  • Hi, AEviewer doesn't work on my AE CC17. 
    I just try the trial version, but AE crash when i launch the script... 
    It's too bad, I will not buy the script if I'm not sure it will work fine...
    Do you have an answer about that ? 
    Thanks
    Gabriel

• Hi, AEviewer doesn't work on my AE CC17. 
    I just try the trial version, but AE crash when i launch the script... 
    It's too bad, I will not buy the script if I'm not sure it will work fine...
    Do you have an answer about that ? 
    Thanks
    Gabriel

Hi, could you please open a support ticket and provide some more information (your OS, AEviewer version and when that issue began to appear)?
  • Ok, tell me a secret. Is there at least any chance for us to get the previews on ProRes vids?
    Love your job anyway.
  • Ok, tell me a secret. Is there at least any chance for us to get the previews on ProRes vids?
    Love your job anyway.
    Yes, working on that. We are debugging the library already. Hope to release it soon.
  • AEViewer create previews error:
     pls help
  • AEViewer create previews error: pls help

open a support ticket
  • Hello.I follow the step in the tutorial viedo to create a preview,but i didn't create a gif but an avi video.
    When i crender a gif in AME,it didn't creative a seperate aep.Why can't i do it as the tutorial viedo.
  • Hello.I follow the step in the tutorial viedo to create a preview,but i didn't create a gif but an avi video.
    When i crender a gif in AME,it didn't creative a seperate aep.Why can't i do it as the tutorial viedo.
    Hi,
    Please, open a support ticket
  • OSX High sierra, trying to create previews but just get .mov amination codec that AEviewer don't play.

Hi, Same problem.
  • Hi, Same problem.

OSX High sierra, trying to create previews but just get .mov amination codec that AEviewer don't play.

Hi,
    Please, check the FAQ here , if that wouldn't help, open a support ticket
  • Oh my...
    I just bought script and... it appears that it's not supporting EXR (16 and float) files nor 16bit tiffs... Why?
    Does VFX pipelines are discriminated?
    ;)
    You shouldn't be warning somewhere? :)

Unfortunately (or fortunately) i'm not using 8bit pipeline anymore. So it's not working for me.
    In other cases works fine (with jpg/mpg/mp4  files) ;)

The script is for editors, i get it :)
  • Oh my...
    I just bought script and... it appears that it's not supporting EXR (16 and float) files nor 16bit tiffs... Why?
    Does VFX pipelines are discriminated?
    ;)
    You shouldn't be warning somewhere? :)

Unfortunately (or fortunately) i'm not using 8bit pipeline anymore. So it's not working for me.
    In other cases works fine (with jpg/mpg/mp4  files) ;)

The script is for editors, i get it :)
    Hi,
    We have added support of 16-bit TIF and EXR in the latest version that is currently in the beta and will be released in a few days.
    Please, open a support ticket that I could send it to you for tests.
  • Hi Alex, what are the specs for the videos to be playable in AE viewer? I have lots of mov and H264 (mp4's), and nothing is playing
  • Hi Alex, what are the specs for the videos to be playable in AE viewer? I have lots of mov and H264 (mp4's), and nothing is playing
    Hi,
    Please, open a support ticket that I could send you a new version for tests.

• Hi Alex,
    I'm just using the trial version before purchasing AEViewer, so far very impressed, but I can't seem to figure how to build Collections easily.
    I have a load of stock footage all in different folders (from different vendors) and hoped I could pull all of these together in a single Collection, but it seems I can only add files to a Collection one at a time? Is it possible to drag and select a bunch of files at once (would be useful to import multiple files in to a project at once too), or maybe just a button that adds the entire contents of a folder to a Collection?
    Many thanks
    Rich
  • Hi Alex,
    I'm just using the trial version before purchasing AEViewer, so far very impressed, but I can't seem to figure how to build Collections easily.
    I have a load of stock footage all in different folders (from different vendors) and hoped I could pull all of these together in a single Collection, but it seems I can only add files to a Collection one at a time? Is it possible to drag and select a bunch of files at once (would be useful to import multiple files in to a project at once too), or maybe just a button that adds the entire contents of a folder to a Collection?
    Many thanks
    Rich
    Hi, yes, right now you can only drag and drop one file at a time
    but in next update we roll multi-select feature, so you will be able to work with multiple files at once.
    We plan to roll an update at the end of the August or at the beginning of the September.