• Welcome to the Bang comments section. Please post any feature requests or comments here. If you experience any bugs, please  open a support ticket and include screenshots. Thanks!
  • This is so flippin' cool.  thanks mate!  It will be endlessly useful.
  • This is so flippin' cool.  thanks mate!  It will be endlessly useful.
    Thanks Warren!
  • Very cool! One feature that would definitely be useful would be to add smoke as an option as well.
  • Very cool! One feature that would definitely be useful would be to add smoke as an option as well.
    Hi Jason, thanks! Yes, smoke is definitely on my roadmap for Bang and I'm actively looking into how to generate realistic smoke that will also be fast to render! In the meantime you can always use stock smoke if you need it.
  • Hi Christian,

very nice plugin, great idea. Will there be a part II of your video?
  • Hi Christian,

very nice plugin, great idea. Will there be a part II of your video?
    Thanks Michael,

There's a link below the video on the Bang main page to each part:

bang_part_2.JPG
    951 x 673 - 71K
  • Loving the plugin, great work Christian. Hoping to get your help on an idea I'm working on.

I was planning to film a "freeze-frame" scene where I want my actor to be firing. As such I was trying to either slow down the generated shots or - preferably - freeze a single shot altogether. I tried setting the randomness on everything to zero but it still changes slightly every frame. Any suggestions on how to do this? Cheers!
  • Loving the plugin, great work Christian. Hoping to get your help on an idea I'm working on...
    Hi Luc, thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately this is not currently a feature but I will definitely consider it for a forthcoming release. Thanks for the suggestion, Christian
  • Hi Luc - If you upgrade to v1.0.3 which I've just released, you'll find the new Displacement Evolution Speed parameter in the Bang render effect, which if you set to zero will freeze the muzzle flash!

• I just installed the demo, launched AE, created a new project, add solid, apply Bang, then Ae goes into beachball and the app goes into Not Responding every time. 

Ae 2018 15.1.2  - MBP OSX 10.12.6
  • I just installed the demo, launched AE, created a new project, add solid, apply Bang, then Ae goes into beachball and the app goes into Not Responding every time. 

please  open a support ticket 

We're dealing with this in a support ticket.
  • Hello,

I just purchased your plugin, but I am having an issue with 3D positioning.

I've added a simple 3D gun model using Element 3D at the center of my comp. I then add BANG. I change the Aim System to YZX Rotation to adjust the position of the muzzle to match the gun’s barrel 3D position. No problem with the X and Y axis but I can’t get it to move on the Z axis properly, so I end up with the muzzle flash positioned too far down the barrel and with no obvious way to slide it forward in Z space. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Lohan

• Laurent,

In E3D, have you generated a 3D posiiton under the Utilities panel?  If not, read up & explore that option.
  • Laurent,

In E3D, have you generated a 3D posiiton under the Utilities panel?  If not, read up & explore that option.
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I had. And the problem is there even without any 3D object. If I create a comp and just add BANG, I can move the muzzle on the X and Y but the Z is behaving strangely as soon as I rotate the muzzle flash. For example if I rotate the flash 90 degrees, the Z value stops affecting the position correctly.
  • Hi Laurent,
    Can you please post a screen capture or screenshot of the issue? Feel free to open a support ticket (https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1) if you’d prefer to post it there.

Bang uses a YZX rotation order, that is sweep around the y-axis, tilt on the z-axis and roll on the x-axis. This is based on its initial orientation facing screen right with all rotation parameters at zero. The YZX rotation will only orient the flash around its origin (barrel position). Moving the flash around the screen with the barrel position parameter, or back and forth in Z will change the perspective of the flash depending on the comp camera (no camera defaults to a 50mm camera as per standard AE practice).
  • Cool plug and crazy helpful for my current task. However, have had 2 crashes in my first half hour. I have my Bang Flash Instance position linked with an expression to a null from my tracked muzzles from my footage. When the null/Bang instance position goes outside the footage/comp window I get a crash. 

Am also wondering if I'm missing something simple... is there not a way to save my settings/create my own presets to access in Bang? When copy/pasting the plugin to different clips I get some strange errors. Hopefully just noob user error.  :)

Mac 10.12.6
    AE 15.1.2
    28 GB RAM

Thanks much,
    Scott Sp.
  • Cool plug and crazy helpful for my current task. However, have had 2 crashes in my first half hour. I have my Bang Flash Instance position linked with an expression to a null from my tracked muzzles from my footage. When the null/Bang instance position goes outside the footage/comp window I get a crash. 

Am also wondering if I'm missing something simple... is there not a way to save my settings/create my own presets to access in Bang? When copy/pasting the plugin to different clips I get some strange errors. Hopefully just noob user error.  :)

Mac 10.12.6
    AE 15.1.2
    28 GB RAM

Thanks much,
    Scott Sp.
    please open a support ticket 

Mac 10.12.6
    AE 15.1.2
    28 GB RAM

Thanks much,
    Scott Sp.
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for bringing the crashes to my attention - I'll attempt to recreate them and get a fix sorted for the next release. I'm guessing this happens if the flash is keyframed on? Can you try keyframing the flash off when it goes offscreen for now?

The errors you're getting when copy/pasting the effects is a known issue, described in the user guide:

Copying and Pasting the Bang effect (i.e. the main render effect) will result in the following error on After Effects CC 2015 (v13.5) and newer:
    After Effects warning: A plugin is attempting to do an invalid operation: modifying a locked project ( 1 :: 0 )
    The project will also start to behave strangely, which will require a restart of After Effects to rectify.In older versions of After Effects the error won’t present, but the pasted Bang effect will kick off the process of adding the default modules, which may not be desirable.
    We therefore don’t recommend copy and pasting the Bang effect. A workaround is to add a new Bang effect, and only copy/paste the Bang Flash Builder, Bang Instance and Bang Relighter module effects instead, deleting the unwanted versions of these modules afterwards
    This is to do with the modular nature of the plugin. However you can easily create presets by selecting the Bang Flash Builder effect in the Effect Control Window and choosing Animation->Save Animation Preset from the main AE menu. This will save the preset in your User Presets folder, which you can access from the Effects and Presets panel. This is the way all the bundled preset flashes were created.

Christian

• CC 2018 Crash. Why? 
  • CC 2018 Crash. Why? 
    I'm afraid I'm going to need more info than just "CC 2018 Crash." How many times has it happened? What were you doing when it happened? Were you interacting or rendering? Are you on Windows or Mac? There are many reasons that software can crash, and until I have more information as to the circumstances then it's impossible to know why. If it happens again, please open a support ticket and provide as much information as possible: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1239&direct=1
  • Hey Christian !

U did an amazing job !

No issue, no problem :)

Just a compliment.

One question though, is it possible to make some slow-motion renders? Any tips?...
  • Hey Christian !

U did an amazing job !

Just a compliment.

One question though, is it possible to make some slow-motion renders? Any tips?...

Hi Harlem. Thanks for the kind words. Slo-mo is something that was in the plugin right up until pre-release but I couldn’t quite get to look right. I’m planning on reintroducing it in a future version. Best you can do is reduce the Displacement Evolution Speed parameter to very low or zero for freeze-frame but that might not give you the look you’re after.

Christian
  • Hey Christian !

U did an amazing job !

Just a compliment.

Hi Harlem. Thanks for the kind words. Slo-mo is something that was in the plugin right up until pre-release but I couldn’t quite get to look right. I’m planning on reintroducing it in a future version. Best you can do is reduce the Displacement Evolution Speed parameter to very low or zero for freeze-frame but that might not give you the look you’re after. Christian
    Ok ! It could be a great feature :) Until u release this, I'm gonna try what you advised me to do ;) 
  • Is it work with the last AE CC 2019?
  • Is it work with the last AE CC 2019?
    Yes it does, if you need any assistance please open a support ticket.
  • hello

i'm trying to add the bang effect on a reactor i made, it's a layer in a comp and i d'like the bang effect to follow the reactor position...but when i add bang effect nothing is happening, any idea what i'm doing wrong?
  • hello

i'm trying to add the bang effect on a reactor i made, it's a layer in a comp and i d'like the bang effect to follow the reactor position...but when i add bang effect nothing is happening, any idea what i'm doing wrong?
    if you need any assistance please open a support ticket.
  • Hi Christian - 

Great plugin. Trying the demo now. However, cannot seem to get the Relighter module to work at all. Does nothing no matter what I seem to do - on source layer, on adjustment layer, pre-comped, separate luma matte - nothing. Any ideas?

AE CC 2019 on a 2015 Macbook Pro running Mojave.

Thanks!
  • Hi Christian - 

Great plugin. Trying the demo now. However, cannot seem to get the Relighter module to work at all. Does nothing no matter what I seem to do - on source layer, on adjustment layer, pre-comped, separate luma matte - nothing. Any ideas?

AE CC 2019 on a 2015 Macbook Pro running Mojave.

Thanks!
    Hi Ryan,

For a technical reason I had to disable the relighter module in demo mode I'm afraid. I'm working on a new version that doesn't have this restriction but don't have a release date as yet.

Christian 
  • Hi,
    I purchased the plugin and there is a bug.
    Anchors are not aligned to the redbox/muzzle and it's almost unusable.
    Moreover, the precomp grain utility doesn't work as it shows an error.
    Best regards.
  • Hi,
    I purchased the plugin and there is a bug.
    Anchors are not aligned to the redbox/muzzle and it's almost unusable.
    Moreover, the precomp grain utility doesn't work as it shows an error.
    Best regards.
    Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • After Effects error plugin: plug-in "qpbang.aex" could not be loaded(126).( 48::46 )
    Hey Sir what is this problem happening to me.
    whenever I try to install it it shows this box in after effects 
    when I launch after effects this massege comes up.
    plz fix this problem for me.
  • After Effects error plugin: plug-in "qpbang.aex" could not be loaded(126).( 48::46 )
    Hey Sir what is this problem happening to me.
    whenever I try to install it it shows this box in after effects 
    when I launch after effects this massege comes up.
    plz fix this problem for me.
    Hi, Please open a support ticket and we can take a look at this issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hello,

Whenever I use the plug-in, it's displaying multiple colored lines? I can only switch this off if I remove the plugin from the composition, there is no option to turn off these grid-like lines. Please help!
  • Hello,

Whenever I use the plug-in, it's displaying multiple colored lines? I can only switch this off if I remove the plugin from the composition, there is no option to turn off these grid-like lines. Please help!

The coloured lines are the trial mode watermark. Please apply your license key (details of how to apply your license are available in the bundled user manual) to remove the watermark and the trial restrictions. Thanks.
  • Hello,

Please see our FAQ on registering your plugins: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-plugins/ 
  • So am I the only one getting this after the update? 

"qpBangUtil.plugin cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."

it would be pretty sad to have bought this and there is no update or fix for this issue.

it would be pretty sad to have bought this and there is no update or fix for this issue.
    Hi Earl, Please open a support ticket and we can take a look at this issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/

Please see the following FAQ for troubleshooting issues with Catalina: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/macos-10-15-catalina-notice/ If you’re still having difficulty, please open-a support ticket send screenshots of the issue so we can investigate further.
  • Is there an option to save the effects that we create, as a custom weapon preset?
  • Hello,
    I have installation problems.
    I get an error saying I am missing the bang flash Building HK416 8-petal.
    Any ideas? I tried reinstalling. No dice. I am on AE CC 2019.

• Hello,
    I have installation problems.
    I get an error saying I am missing the bang flash Building HK416 8-petal.
    Any ideas? I tried reinstalling. No dice. I am on AE CC 2019.

Please open a support ticket and we can take a look at this issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • AE 2021 crash
  • AE 2021 crash

Please open a support ticket and we can take a look at this issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • AE 2021 crash
    Hi, This is a known issue - I updated the product page on Saturday to address this:

MPORTANT INFORMATION - BANG ON AFTER EFFECTS 2021

There are currently issues with BANG crashing in After Effects 2021, especially on MacOS. Please download the trial and test BEFORE purchasing if you're intending to use BANG with AE 2021.
  • Hey :) I would like to know if you will release a new version of your plugin? 
    Thank you!
  • Hey :) I would like to know if you will release a new version of your plugin? 
    Thank you!

Bang was discontinued, please see https://aescripts.com/bang
  • Hello, I was about to purchase your product right before you discontinued it, I was wondering if I could get a license as I am working on a film and need the WATERMARK RED X to be removed. If someone from the company could help me with this. Thank you
    -Eric Goodale