• Will it work with Mister Horse's Animation Composer?
  • Will it work with Mister Horse's Animation Composer?

Hello Robert!

We haven’t tried that explicitly! Usually it should work with all AE keyframes / layers and comps.

I suggest you grab the trial and try it out! (First 5 layers in you comp are then processed just like in the licensed version)

If you think it should work and it doesn’t, feel free to report the bug, so that we can fix it!
  • I like the idea of this plugin. I tried it out.

A big missing feature that keeps me from using it is the fact that I cannot apply the retimer to nested comps. It only applies a time remapped to those comps. With large projects that means I'm doing a lot of work to finding which comps were retimed and which only got the time-remap effect. Is that somthing that you are looking to improve?
  • I like the idea of this plugin. I tried it out.

A big missing feature that keeps me from using it is the fact that I cannot apply the retimer to nested comps. It only applies a time remapped to those comps. With large projects that means I'm doing a lot of work to finding which comps were retimed and which only got the time-remap effect. Is that somthing that you are looking to improve?
    Hello Tucan!

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I really get your point concerning the nested comps.

Actually it wouldn’t be hard to implement but there would be a complex problem with the functionality being used recursively. Imagine 2 instances of the same comp, time offset to another.

For both copies you would need different time remappings applied to them, relative to the time they start. But since there are not unique copies but referencing the same comp, we have a problem here. We can’t change them individually without duplicating them and all their containing comps inside the project panel.

That’s why we decided to work like that, so that YOU can decide if you want to apply a level deeper (and create unique copies if necessary) or stop with a regular time-remapping at a certain point!

Do you get the problem? If you have another suggestion for solving it, let us know :-)

Thanks a lot for your feedback anyway!
    Best!
  • Hi Fox,

I've tried out the retimer and it works quite well except for when there are keyframes outside the in/out points of a layer. This may happen when a layer with keyframe is shortened, or when the layer is split into two or more layers. 

The incident I encountered had a 8 degree rotation. It was then split into two just before the key frames. However after foxretimer was applied, the rotation value of the layer that was intended to have zero rotation was changed to 8. In this case I could just delete these keyframes, but there could be too many layers in a comp. Could you guys look into that please? Thanks!
  • Hello,

I've tried this a few times. I really want to love it, but I never get the results I desire. It always looks better when I leave time remapping on the precomp. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
  • Hello,

I've tried this a few times. I really want to love it, but I never get the results I desire. It always looks better when I leave time remapping on the precomp. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Fox,

I've tried out the retimer and it works quite well except for when there are keyframes outside the in/out points of a layer. This may happen when a layer with keyframe is shortened, or when the layer is split into two or more layers. 

The incident I encountered had a 8 degree rotation. It was then split into two just before the key frames. However after foxretimer was applied, the rotation value of the layer that was intended to have zero rotation was changed to 8. In this case I could just delete these keyframes, but there could be too many layers in a comp. Could you guys look into that please? Thanks!

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • This thing just saved me ~4 hours of suffering and misery when an editor went nuts ramping some a very long, complex animation, with tons of animated pre-comps. I got an hour deep into fixing it, broke everything, gave up, bought the script instead. Was done in seconds. Best damn product on aescripts.

Cheers,
    Chris
  • Any chance this will be compatible with AE 2020 soon?

The aescripts + aeplugins manager says it is only compatible with CC 2015:

• Any chance this will be compatible with AE 2020 soon?

The aescripts + aeplugins manager says it is only compatible with CC 2015:

Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Is this script dead or what?
  • Is this script dead or what?
    Not at all. If you need technical assistance please open a support ticket 
  • If you apply the Puppet effect in the key frame, than the script won't work :(
  • If you apply the Puppet effect in the key frame, than the script won't work :(
    Hey Maxim!

Feel free to open a support ticket and send us a reduced version of your project, if you face any situation where the script does not work as expected.

Open a Support Ticket

We'll take a look at it and see how we can fix it!

Best
    Philipp

• where can I get some help with this — have a complex line drawing I'm trying to reveal with this and everytime I apply it I get buttkiss!