• Can it creates masks instead of shapes?so that it can be used by Element 3d to generate 3d patterns.
  • Can it creates masks instead of shapes?so that it can be used by Element 3d to generate 3d patterns.
    Hello Walter,

No unfortunately, all the functions and capabilities of quadrateFX are based on shape layers.

Having said that, it might be possible to generate a simple solid layer with masks (along with the normal shape layers) but with limited customization.
    (For example you won't be able to change the size, color, animation or position of the masks but in your case it won't matter because these things are going to be handled by Element 3D.)

Cheers.

• The latest version of quadrateFX introduced a new feature to generate an additional solid layer, with all the primary boxes converted to masks. Its intended use is to function as a source layer for third-party plug-ins such as Videocopilot's Element3D.

The image below was created by generating 100 random boxes (as masks) in quadrateFX and using them as source in Element3D to create 16.200 3d boxes.

• I've installed this on CS6. Is there anything known to not work properly?

I've generated some of these and you get the well known "Missing Effect" notification. During generation. Any idea what the effect is if any that's causing this? Or a way to work around this for CS6 to get around the notification? In general it seems to work ok

Would be great to hear if there are any particular limitations or issues I've not seen that may influence purchasing this. I've purchased a few other tools you have created and they are great. Looking to expand and get the other 3 (Maze, Circuit and Quadrate).

Thanks,

Chris

• I've installed this on CS6. Is there anything known to not work properly?

Hello Chris,

You probably missed it but CS6 is not included in the compatibility list of quadrateFX.

Besides the missing effect message, CS6 cannot dynamically handle the size of the generated texts. Texts will resize but (after a certain point) will overflow outside of the boxes. Other than that, I can't think of any other issues.

What I can do is remove the "missing effect" message in the next update of quadrateFX :)

Cheers.

• Hi there Therodoros,

Thanks so much for the very fast reply! I did see CS6 wasn't included but I thought I'd give it a try just in case it was missed out. I've tried a few things and it seemed to work fairly ok.

If its mainly the Size of the generated Texts that not too big a deal I don't think. It looks great for the random variations and power to make the shapes as it is. The text I did generate seems fairly ok, I saw a few cut off on the smaller ones so I'm guessing that is what you are referring to.

If the message could be removed, or have a check box for don't show it again, or just a option to remove it it would be great. I'll see if its added to the next update then I suspect i'll be buying this :) Cracking demo videos for the power and uses of this tool by the way.

• Can this plugin be used with C4D?
  • Can this plugin be used with C4D?

Haven't tried myself because I'm not a Cinema4D user.
    Maybe some fellow animator could pitch-in on this.

You can always download the trial version and see if you can make the connection with C4D.

Cheers!

• I want to use it with Element 3D. Is there a tutorial on how to do this?
  • I want to use it with Element 3D. Is there a tutorial on how to do this?
    It's really pretty straight forward.

1. Make sure the "Generate an additional layer with masks" is enabled on the "masks" tab in quadrateFX.
    2. Adjust the number of boxes, randomness etc. and press the "Generate" button (quadrateFX will create a shape layer and an additional solid with all the boxes as masks)
    3. Create a new solid and apply the Element3D effect.
    4. On the Element3D effect controls -> Custom Layers -> Custom Text Masks -> Path Layer 1 -> select the "quadrateFX_masks" layer
    5. Press the "Scene Setup" button on Element3D
    6. Inside Element3D's interface, press the "Extrude" button located on the top button row
    7. You will now see a large white box, which actually consists of all the masks quadrateFX created.
    8. Exit the Element3D interface and go back to its effect controls. On the Group 1 -> Particle Look -> Multi-object -> make sure the "Enable Multi-Object is checked"
    From this point and on you can play around with the Rotation Randomness, Position Noise, Scatter etc.of Element3D and create some interesting stuff.

Keep in mind that the solid layer with all the masks that quadrateFX creates, does not interact with quadrateFX's effect controls.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!