• Amazing potential here! Does it work with Primatte Keyer?
  • Would it be possible to provide a quick Guide of the setup using the Pre-Comps route. I use CS6 and don't have the little CC2018 menu for use Effects and Presets etc.

I'm trying to combine an upper and lower half of a full frame Key shot. I've tried the Mask Layer route and also on a single layer but i'm not having much luck and at times get random shapes showing not in the position I would expect. If you have a quick Step by step it would be great t make sure its not a bug.

Thanks!

• Amazing potential here! Does it work with Primatte Keyer?
    Thanks. And it sure does, works with any keyer!
  • Would it be possible to provide a quick Guide of the setup using the Pre-Comps route. I use CS6 and don't have the little CC2018 menu for use Effects and Presets etc.

I'm trying to combine an upper and lower half of a full frame Key shot. I've tried the Mask Layer route and also on a single layer but i'm not having much luck and at times get random shapes showing not in the position I would expect. If you have a quick Step by step it would be great t make sure its not a bug.

Thanks!

Hi Chris

Any keys you do must be precomped and any layers you're using as mattes must also be precomped. Do those random shapes disappear when purging? 

Thanks!

Hi Chris

Any keys you do must be precomped and any layers you're using as mattes must also be precomped. Do those random shapes disappear when purging? 

Hi James, Sorry I didn't get a notification for this.

I've tried precomping everything but either I'm missing something, or there's a problem with it. Also If you have a piece of footage at not 100% scale it also generates issues such as 4K footage in a 1080P comp scaled down.

Would it be possible to do a really really quick screen capture of the Precomp setup of the keying demo just so I can double check and confirm if there is or isn't a problem? I think this will be the best way to confirm it.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thanks!

Hi Chris

Hi James, Sorry I didn't get a notification for this.

I've tried precomping everything but either I'm missing something, or there's a problem with it. Also If you have a piece of footage at not 100% scale it also generates issues such as 4K footage in a 1080P comp scaled down.

Would it be possible to do a really really quick screen capture of the Precomp setup of the keying demo just so I can double check and confirm if there is or isn't a problem? I think this will be the best way to confirm it.

Thanks,
    Chris

Hi Chris

I've uploaded a tutorial for that here: 
    Hope that helps.
  • Thanks James, that clears it up, I think I was have the issue with the Effects not moving to the Pre-comps. I think this caused the issues. Thanks for the Tutorial, managed a few great results already!

Thanks so much!

• Thanks James, that clears it up, I think I was have the issue with the Effects not moving to the Pre-comps. I think this caused the issues. Thanks for the Tutorial, managed a few great results already!

Thanks so much!

Glad it helped Chris, you're very welcome.