• Looks nice :) How i can try it before buying ?
  • Hi Andrew
    I'm glad you like our latest release
    Unfortunately I haven't developed a trial version yet - working on it though, I will let you know when you can trial it
    Stay tuned!

• I bought it thinking that it would be compatible to older version of AE.
    Mine is AE cc2017, and I don't want to update my AE at the moment.
    Is there a way to use this plugin in older versions?
    스크린샷 2019-02-13 오전 12.04.40.png
    1115 x 491 - 60K
  • Hi Dasul 
    Thanks for purchasing Stretch-it 2, and thanks for flagging up the issue
    Unfortunately there is not a fix to this, and I will update the compatibility tab to reflect the limitation.
    The only workable solution until you update your After Effects is to use Stretch-it v1.1, which has been taken off the shelf, but I can provide to you. 
    With Stretch-it v1.1 you can only apply the effect to Text Layers and only stretch it horizontally. Please let me know if you are happy to get this version?
    Many thanks
    Dani
  • Now Trial version available
  • The trial version seems to be defective. The first time I opened it, it asked me if I wanted to download the latest version 2.1, which is what the trial is supposed to be. I selected "remind me later." When first using it, it seemed to work fine in the default 0 degree setting, but any other angle would give missing frames in the ram preview. I then made a new comp to start over, applied Stretch-it 2 to another text layer, and every frame was blank.

I am using AE 2018 on Mac OS 10.11.6.
  • Hi James

Thanks for downloading the Trial version.

I am sorry to hear about your issues. However, more than a bug it sounds like this is something to do with your AE preview settings

Please let us know if you get this sorted

Many thanks
    Dani
  • Hi Dani,

My AE preview settings are at the default as far as I know, but what would you suggest that I check. Even when I render out a movie file most frames are blank. I will open a support ticket with some samples.

Jim

• Hi Dasul 
    Thanks for purchasing Stretch-it 2, and thanks for flagging up the issue
    Unfortunately there is not a fix to this, and I will update the compatibility tab to reflect the limitation.
    The only workable solution until you update your After Effects is to use Stretch-it v1.1, which has been taken off the shelf, but I can provide to you. 
    With Stretch-it v1.1 you can only apply the effect to Text Layers and only stretch it horizontally. Please let me know if you are happy to get this version?
    Many thanks
    Dani
    Hi! That would be helpful! Thank you for your kind reply. 
    What do I need to do to receive it?

• Can't seem to change kerning for individual letters on the text layer? 
  • Hello Matias

Thanks for flagging this up. This is due to an expression running in the Text layer 'Source Text' property

The expression allow you to change the text string by changing the parent Comp's name and it's not a building block of the effect. If you want to get access to the individual letters' kerning you have to disable/cancel this expression it.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this

Many thanks
    Dani 
  • I have been using Stretch it 2 fairly extensively and have noticed a strange thing that keeps popping up.

When I am animating a text I take the full text and split it up into individual characters and animate them separately. As i do this I take the layers and offset them in my comp so that they all start and stop at different times. When I move the comp this changes the way the the stretch works changes the scale of the stretch, the values and key-frames don't change but visually they are different. I seem to see the best solution is pre rendering or sliding all the keyframes (which quickly gets confusing). Any help or solutions world be great, thank you
  • Hey Caster
    Dani here, the script's author
    Firstly thanks for purchasing the script
    Interesting question, I would love to give it a go, but the best way of addressing you issue is to work on your project, any chance you can mock up one for me?
    Many thanks
    Dani
  • In CC 2019, it seems the keyframed values of the stretch amount parameter are not working. I create a text layer and animate the stretch property, no problem. Create another text layer, do the same thing, but the keyframes don't work. If I remove the keyframes I can adjust the stretch parameter OK, but adding keyframes seems to break it. Any ideas what might cause this? 

EDIT: It looks like it's caused by moving the pre-comp later in the timeline when staggering texy animations with the script. I assume the script is referencing the beginning of the parent comp in some way as a start time? Unexpected behaviour in any case...
  • Hi Steve, Dani here, the Script's author It's the first time heard of this issue. Although I have an idea of what it might cause this behaviour, it's hard to say without a sample project. Any chance you can capture your screen while working? Thanks
  • I collected my project and sent it to another designer. They bought the plug in as well but they keep getting these expression errors. Is there a way to resolve this issue?
  • Hi Kristin
    I would love to help resolve the issue, but I should be able to see the errors.
    Any chance you can take a few screenshots?
    Thanks
  • Hi, 

It seems like individual character colors and typographic weights all become the same when applying the plugin. 

How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

• Hello Maxence

Please find the folder called Stretch-it: [something] and disable the expression on the Source Text property of the Text layer you want to modify - please see attachements

Hope that help?

Anything else, please let me know

All the best
    Dani
    Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 00.58.14.png
    657 x 338 - 41K
    Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 00.59.55.png
    767 x 456 - 29K
  • What's the name of the mono font that's used in the intro video/tutorial?
  • Hi Christian,

The font family's called Atlas

http://www.atlasfonts.com/

All the bese
    Dani
  • Buenas noches,
    acabo de comprar el efecto (junto con otros efectos) y me acabo de percatar que no es compatible con CC2020. 
    espero una actualización del efecto o el rembolso por la compra

espero una respuesta 
  • Buenas noches,
    acabo de comprar el efecto (junto con otros efectos) y me acabo de percatar que no es compatible con CC2020. 
    espero una actualización del efecto o el rembolso por la compra

espero una respuesta 
    Hello Pedro,

If Google Translate hasn't failed me you are saying that Stretch-it 2 is not compatible with CC2020. Can you  confirm that?

For technical questions like this you should open a ticket with the link below
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

What makes you think that? Have you got any message from AE

Look forward to hearing from you, in the ticket session

All the best
    Dani

• Exacto. No es compatible con la última versión de AE CC2020 imageimage. No me aparece en effects and presets

• Exacto. No es compatible con la última versión de AE CC2020 imageimage. No me aparece en effects and presets

Hello Pedro

You don't find it under the Effects and presets because Stretch-it is a Script, please follow the User Guide (attached) for instructions on how to install it and use it, any questions, please let me know  

Many thanks
    Dani
    pdf
    pdf
    Stretch-it 2_User guide.pdf
  • Hi!

I can not precompose the already stretched layer. it messes up all the expressions.
    it overall behaves very weird. sometimes it is working, but most of the time it just makes trouble.

thx
  • Hi!

I can not precompose the already stretched layer. it messes up all the expressions.
    it overall behaves very weird. sometimes it is working, but most of the time it just makes trouble.

thx
    Hello Ludwig
    You can precompose a 'stretched' comp and not losing reference to the expression if you choose to "Leave all attributes in ..." the original comp in the Pre-compose window

If you still have issue, please open  a case using the link below
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1385

Regards

• Hey guys .

Love the plug in, but it's getting really messed up when you start having more than one comp. I often encounter issues such as this one

I emptied my cache in every single way
    It's just a comp containng two stretched comps.

The whole after effect project is pretty small.
    Thanks a lot !

• Hey guys .

Love the plug in, but it's getting really messed up when you start having more than one comp. I often encounter issues such as this one

I emptied my cache in every single way
    It's just a comp containng two stretched comps.

The whole after effect project is pretty small.
    Thanks a lot !

Hello Eric

I am sorry to hear about your frustration with this comp. If you need technical help, please open a ticket using the link below

In general, I would like to suggest to turn your text layer into shape before applying the Script - should work even after applying the script, but haven't tested it

Hope this helps
    Many thanks
    Dani
  • I`m a little frustrated with your product. I`m right now in a project with 82 different deliveries and all the text are based on this plugin. There is more than 60 error messages and my stretch text characters are broken, doesn`t work anymore. The error claims for missing compositions that already exists. Not a clue of what is happening, so, probaly I`m gonna pull my hair out this night doing every composition again, character per character, by hand, animating shape layers.

• not sure if it's me or the plugin; could be me but when i use the plugin and rotate Stretch direction to 90 or -90, it cuts off the first few and last few letters

why ? i can't figure out how to fix this

any ideas?

in my example, the type is supposed to read San Francisco

• not sure if it's me or the plugin; could be me but when i use the plugin and rotate Stretch direction to 90 or -90, it cuts off the first few and last few letters

any ideas?

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your comment, I'll be happy to help figure out how to overcome this issue, but I am going to ask you to open a Support Ticket instead as this is technical issue

Please use the link below and make sure to select No thanks, I'd like to open a new support ticket

Many thanks
    Dani

any ideas?

Can you please also include some stills or a demo clip in your ticket?
    Thanks
  • Any chance this is coming to 2021/22 soon?
  • I never like to leave hate on WIPs but this plugin needs some love. If you try to any classic text stretch at 90 deg, it will cut off the ends of the word. Very similar to the comments left below. Also you cannot use the stretch plugin on two layers within the same comp or it will break all stretch layers - very frustrating. For those looking to purchase I would hold off until a V_2.4 is released or a V_3 all together. Has potential just needs some love! 
  • I never like to leave hate on WIPs but this plugin needs some love. If you try to any classic text stretch at 90 deg, it will cut off the ends of the word. Very similar to the comments left below. Also you cannot use the stretch plugin on two layers within the same comp or it will break all stretch layers - very frustrating. For those looking to purchase I would hold off until a V_2.4 is released or a V_3 all together. Has potential just needs some love! 
    Hello Jayson,

Sorry to hear you are finding issues using Stretch-it.

I'll be happy to help if you can share more information about your issue in a technical ticket.

It'll be important to know how big is your starting Composition?

I can't reproduce a 'cut off the end of the word' when I apply a stretch of 90 degrees - see img attached, but with more info, I should be able to repro and advise on how to fix/ proceed.

Stretch-90.png
    1814 x 1142 - 53K
  • Any chance this is coming to 2021/22 soon?
    Hello Dion

Stretch-it is now tested on AE 2021 and AE 2022 as well.

Thanks
  • I can't get it to work. 
    The effects panel gives no results and I don't see any information about issues like that. It just seems to work in the instructional materials but that's not my experience. 
  • I can't get it to work. 
    The effects panel gives no results and I don't see any information about issues like that. It just seems to work in the instructional materials but that's not my experience. 
    Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your comment, we'll be happy to help. But since this is a technical issue, you should open a ticket using the link at the bottom of this page:

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Hi. Really like this script. Very cool shapes and animation looks. However, has anyone else noticed artifacts showing up, especially when adding glow and other effects to the precomp? imageimageI can't post a screenshot so I added to my dropbox with link below. It has to do with a matte or alpha issue. When I put star glow or Venetian blinds transition on the precomp it will glitch out. 

• Hey there, 

Any chance this is coming to AE 2023????
  • Cool. But I really miss the "negative" stretch, when the stretched part of text is followed by rest of the text.
    Just to move the whole word in two phases to new position.
    first move part of word to one position by stretching it, then move the rest of word to "stretched" position of the first part.. 
    Just like offset. Am I clear?  :) :)
    Yes, it can be achieved switch negative angle and lot of keyframes to position of word, but it is not very comfy.. 
  • Hasn't been updated in 5 years, not compatible with current version of AE. This is abandonware and should not be on sale.
    Avoid.