Network Clipboard 2
  • I can't wait to try this out. Is there any way to resize the graphic in the UI so I can make this smaller?
  • Thanks. I hope you find it useful :)

I've had some feedback on this and will be including an option in the next update to either hide or shrink it.
  • Thanks! That would be much appreciated!
  • Hey there,

With Network Clipboard 2, are you able to copy After Effects keyframe data and paste it into Cinema 4D tracks?
  • With Clipboard 2 you can copy a layer with animation on it and paste it into C4D and it will retain its animation.

You could then parent to it or copy its tracks to your desired C4D objects from there.

All tracks are baked in the the transfer and you will likely want to scale the pasted objects up 100x.

The ability to copy properties/tracks/channels directly was removed after version 1 as it was confusing and a little buggy.
  • Hi - will this be updated to work with the newer versions of Houdini (currently at 18)? Thanks.
  • I haven't had a chance to test with 18 yet but ideally yes. I can't give a timeline for that at this stage though.

• Hi! I snap clipboard's panel in cinema 4D to interface and save as Startup Layout, but after restart cinema 4d there is text "plugin not found" on the panel. What's wrong? Cinema 4D R21
  • I believe this is a limitation of C4d python plugins. The windows/panels are built dynamically and therefore don't exist until the script is run.
  • I believe this is a limitation of C4d python plugins. The windows/panels are built dynamically and therefore don't exist until the script is run.
    But other plug-ins show...
  • Just go this. Did a copy paste and the colors are all out of whack. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    orange tursn to a hard red
    baby blue to turns to deep blue
    white turned to green
    it looks like default RGB weird...
  • Axe Igo said:
    I believe this is a limitation of C4d python plugins. The windows/panels are built dynamically and therefore don't exist until the script is run.
    But other plug-ins show...
    C++ plugins won't have this issue.
    There is possibly a way around it for python plugins but I am not certain.

When the script is launched it calls a function to build the UI. Therefore until the script is launched the UI doesn't exist.
  • Just go this. Did a copy paste and the colors are all out of whack. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
    orange tursn to a hard red
    baby blue to turns to deep blue
    white turned to green
    it looks like default RGB weird...
    I haven't see this issue before.
    I'm assuming you're talking about copying/pasting between two instances of After Effects?

It sounds like it's possibly a colour space issue. Are the two projects using different colour spaces or bit depths?

The script is basically doing a reduce project on copy and an import on paste. So you can inspect the copied file in the clipboard directory or try importing it directly and see if the issue persists.
  • Hi - will this be updated to work with the newer versions of Houdini (currently at 18)? Thanks.
    I've just done some quick testing and everything seems to work fine in the latest version (18.0.348) apart from LOPS and TOPS.
    I'll have to add support for those when I get the chance