The Power of Expression Book
  • This is an amazing resource! I used to struggle when it came to creating expressions, but this book has transformed the way I am able to read and create expressions. I highly recommend this for anyone who either hasn't touched expressions or have been using them in their workflow but continually have to google what to use.
    The author really lays out expressions in a very friendly and easy to understand way. This is not like reading an instruction manual, it's like a nerdy novel that I couldn't wait to get back to and finish. Thank you so much for this resource! 
  • Does this book take in account the new javascript expression engine, like described here?
  • Does this book take in account the new javascript expression engine, like described here?
    Yes absolutely!
  • Whaaa?  $89 for a book?  Goodness, we're not all professionals.  I'll have to wait for the paperback.  :(

• I don't know why anyone will purchase a book so expensive without even seeing sample pages! The cover is so amateurish that gives me the feeling that so in the content. 
  • Whaaa?  $89 for a book?  Goodness, we're not all professionals.  I'll have to wait for the paperback.  :(

There's a cheaper eBook downloadable version :)
  • I don't know why anyone will purchase a book so expensive without even seeing sample pages! The cover is so amateurish that gives me the feeling that so in the content. 
    There is a sample on the product page.
  • Hello,
    Book size and number of pages please !
    Philippe
  • Hello,
    Philippe
    Hi Phillipe,

The size is 5.83 x 8.27 in or 210 x 148 mm (A5) and there are 204 pages.
  • Hello,
    Philippe
    Hi Phillipe,

The size is 5.83 x 8.27 in or 210 x 148 mm (A5) and there are 204 pages.
    Thank you / Merci !

• Hello,
    Is there any chance to have a French version ? (I'm only guessing you speak French because o f your name).

Thanks !
  • What versions of AE does it apply to?  I got the book, but there is no forward explaining this.  I'm using AE version 16.0.0 and it's not matching with the book.
  • Hi Gil,

All the expressions in the book should work with all the versions of AE. Only the last chapter which focus more on the new JavaScript Expressions Engine, works only with AE 16.0.0 and above.

If you have more specific question about the book, feel free to open a support ticket, I would be happy to answer. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hello,
    Is there any chance to have a French version ? (I'm only guessing you speak French because o f your name).

Thanks !
    Hi Axel,

Unfortunately there is no french version available yet.
  • François, great book!
    I've purchased it recently and recommend to everyone.

Only a couple things are missing:
    1. Code formatting
    2. Book's chapters under the "Bookmarks" 
    Overall this is a good investment. I hope to see updates in future. :)
  • Looks like an incredible resource! but I can't justify the steep cost :( 
  • Looks like an incredible resource! but I can't justify the steep cost :( 
    The PDF version is only $39!
  • How long will the shipping take to Malaysia and does it come with tracking number?
  • How long will the shipping take to Malaysia and does it come with tracking number?
    Hi Amir,

Not sure how long it takes to ship to Malaysia but we use a premium shipping for every book we send so once your book will be shipped we will provide you a tracking number. 
  • Hey there, will this be on sale next week? 25% off? 
  • Hey there, will this be on sale next week? 25% off? 
    Yes, the pdf only version will definitely be on sale. Unfortunately due to the hard costs involved with printing the hardcover there isn't a margin to give a discount. We already priced is as low as possible :)
  • Bonjour, 
    Would you have a french version ?
    Thanks
  • Bonjour, 
    Would you have a french version ?
    Thanks
    Hi JF,

Sorry, English is the only version available for now.
  • I'm trying to follow along with the kissing circle tutorial and I bought the e-book.  
    Not sure why I'm getting an error when I try to copy and paste the Object Constructor. No circle mask is created.

I'm on AE CC2020 v17.0.1 (build 52)

Thanks

• I'm trying to follow along with the kissing circle tutorial and I bought the e-book.  
    Not sure why I'm getting an error when I try to copy and paste the Object Constructor. No circle mask is created.

I'm on AE CC2020 v17.0.1 (build 52)

Thanks

Hi Patrick, There is no reason that this should not work. Can you please open a support ticket so we can figure out what is missing. Also the project file is available to download in the description of the video.
  • Dear François! Thank you for writing this great book about AE Expressions. I used the common ones every now and then but your book really opens up new possibilities and motivates to exploring their use much more than before. It is very well written as the examples are concise and build upon each other.
  • Hello, 

What instance of the Kissing Circles tutorial project can be animated? Thanks for the answer
  • Hi Victor,

They all can be animated. Please open a support ticket if you have any question about them.
  • I buy it in E-book(PDF) and then I go to the print shop to make PDF to softcover books. at that time I thought this way is much better in the budget.

To me, English is not my language and also I don't know why it's hard to read and understand through a monitor. 
    However, I should buy a hardcover book at once. 
    I had much cost to make my self go to print shop and make it softcover than buying a hardcover book in here at once. lol

For now, I'll study with my printed book so I can underline it and note it.
    Someday when I follow these books all the instruction I will gonna buy hardcover book for the collection. 
    It's definitely worth it.

Thank you for making this book Francois Lefebvre
    This book is very helpful
    Thanks to you, my English and Expression skills are getting increasing.
  • Hey! I noticed someone mentioning a 'kising circle' tutorial in the comments. However, I cannot find this in the book? Is there a separate copy or something I need to buy?
  • Hey! I noticed someone mentioning a 'kising circle' tutorial in the comments. However, I cannot find this in the book? Is there a separate copy or something I need to buy?
    It's here: https://aescripts.com/learn/create-a-kissing-circles-fractal-using-expressions-in-after-effects/
  • Hi, I bought this book and I've been following the tutorials. There's one I'm having trouble with. It's not because of the book but because AE is not doing what the tutorial says it should (I'm on CC2020).

In the Time Remapping section you created a circular shape layer with a sharp gradient and then rotated it using keyframe animation. When I try to do this I can see the ellipse rotating but the gradient does not. I've been googling around and no one seems to know how to make it work. 

How did you do it?

Thanks.
  • Hi Sean,

All the examples in the book should work with CC 2020. Please open a support ticket so we can figure out what the problem is. Thanks!
  • When does the book get mailed? I purchased on 6/8/2020, but I haven't seen any notices about mailing. Can't wait to crack into expressions!
  • When does the book get mailed? I purchased on 6/8/2020, but I haven't seen any notices about mailing. Can't wait to crack into expressions!
    Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear about that, it's not usual. Please open a support ticket so we can figure this out. Thanks!
  • I purchased the PDF version and I think it's great, but I'm realizing I really don't prefer to read books on a computer. I'm wondering if I provide proof of purchase if I could pay the $50 difference for the hard copy? 
  • I purchased the PDF version and I think it's great, but I'm realizing I really don't prefer to read books on a computer. I'm wondering if I provide proof of purchase if I could pay the $50 difference for the hard copy? 
    Please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1422
  • Hi There!

I have purchased the book and pdf (now downloaded) on 19th October 2020, just wondered how long it would take to receive the book now. 
    I am in the UK.

Thank you.
  • Hi There!

I have purchased the book and pdf (now downloaded) on 19th October 2020, just wondered how long it would take to receive the book now. 
    I am in the UK.

Thank you.

Please open a support ticket for assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1422
  • The description looks interesting for me, thanks!
  • Hi! First of all, really interesting book, it looks really useful.
    Is the Ebook Pdf version actually and epub, mobi or zw3 format readable in Electronic Books? Or a PDF? It would be really comfortable to be able to read it in a portable device other than the phone!
  • Hi! First of all, really interesting book, it looks really useful. Is the Ebook Pdf version actually and epub, mobi or zw3 format readable in Electronic Books? Or a PDF? It would be really comfortable to be able to read it in a portable device other than the phone!
    It's a PDF.