Stack The Bend C4D
  • This is a clever plugin. I have a quick question about the demo video. At 52 seconds into it you select the cube and drag it vertically and it slides through the deformers. How is this working? When I try to do the same, the cube and deformers all move together.
  • Hi James,
    Thank you for the question.
    The answer is very simple. It is a "shortcut" of C4D.
    If you want to move something without moving the child objects just press the 7 key.
  • Hi James,
    Thank you for the question.
    The answer is very simple. It is a "shortcut" of C4D.
    If you want to move something without moving the child objects just press the 7 key.
    Thanks Gianni. It's good to learn something new.

I tried that and it works great, but there doesn't seem to be a way to keyframe that movement. After keyframing the cube and its children still move together. Any suggestions?
  • Hey James, you need to change the configuration.
    Insert the cube and the bends as children of a null object, as you can see in the picture attached.
    stb.jpg
    227 x 150 - 15K
  • Thanks Gianni, that works perfectly. It seems that using the 7 key to move an object without its children is simply a means of repositioning it and not for animation, while your last response shows how to inable keyframing the move.

• Thanks for a great plugin Gianni. I am curious why it only works with bend deformers. Is there some reason the tag can't be updated to work with other deformers?

• Thanks to you James!
    Because it is one of the most used and difficult to use and I have often wanted to concatenate them, so I created this tool.
    Which deformer are you thinking about?

• Thanks to you James!
    Because it is one of the most used and difficult to use and I have often wanted to concatenate them, so I created this tool.
    Which deformer are you thinking about?
    I was just extending your example of concatenated bend deformers by positioning other deformers like twist and bulge after them and animating an enlongated cube through them all. It makes for a great effect. It is time consuming to align the deformers in the proper position, so it would be great if the plugin could be used to stack any type of deformer.
  • I promise I will try to add this functionality. ;)

• I promise I will try to add this functionality. ;)

That would be fantastic!

Thanks
  • Thanks for the update Gianni.
  • Thanks to you, James. ;)

• Thanks for the update! Looks amazing!
  • I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended but if I use to many deformers to form a shape, the deformers further down the chain start effecting the previous deformers. This breaks the shape I want for the animation. I would upload a pic but can't see an upload for these comments.

• I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended but if I use to many deformers to form a shape, the deformers further down the chain start effecting the previous deformers. This breaks the shape I want for the animation. I would upload a pic but can't see an upload for these comments.

Hi Gary,
    the behavior you describe is almost certainly strictly related to how deformers work. As mentioned, inserting more bends could be difficult to manage, but it depends on how the deformers work, not on the plugin that simply creates a stack. If you have C4D R20 you could try to restrict the deformation using Fields.
  • Thanks for the reply Gianni, I thought the limit would keep the bend influence contained. I'll probably just go with spline wrap for this project.
  • Will you be updating it to work with R23?
    I will do, James!
    I will do, James!
    Great. Thanks
  • Is this working in R25? Wanted to check before purchase
  • Is this working in R25? Wanted to check before purchase
    Yes, it works.
    Thanks for your interest.
  • i want to try your plug in for c4d 2023. but downloading it and installing it, it is version 1.2 even though its written as version 1.3
  • Hi Gianni,
    I cannot see the demo version of  Stack the Bend1.3 within C4D 2023.2.2, after following your install instructions - even though a pop up window comes up on starting C4D, that tells me i'm running the plug-in in trial mode. Any ideas please? (Mac, Ventura 13.6)
  • Hi Gianni,
    I cannot see the demo version of  Stack the Bend1.3 within C4D 2023.2.2, after following your install instructions - even though a pop up window comes up on starting C4D, that tells me i'm running the plug-in in trial mode. Any ideas please? (Mac, Ventura 13.6)
    Hi Nick,
    unfortunately the demo version doesn't work with the latest versions of c4d. The licensed version works instead.
  • Hi Gianni!
    I bought your tool recently for a project I am working on, thank you for developing it!

I commented earlier but I am editing my question:

I have run into a problem: I am using three bends to bend an object (a wallet) and I am also using point restriction tags to bend only parts of it. This is working great. Now I created a stitching seam on the wallet using the edge-to-spline command and a cloner that creates stitches along the spline. When I copy the bend deformers onto that spline and select the appropriate points for the restriction tags, the other two bends dont come into effect. If I delete the restriction tags, the bends are working, but the bends are of course different to the main object's bends.

Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
    Johannes
  • Hi Gianni!
    I bought your tool recently for a project I am working on, thank you for developing it!

I commented earlier but I am editing my question:

I have run into a problem: I am using three bends to bend an object (a wallet) and I am also using point restriction tags to bend only parts of it. This is working great. Now I created a stitching seam on the wallet using the edge-to-spline command and a cloner that creates stitches along the spline. When I copy the bend deformers onto that spline and select the appropriate points for the restriction tags, the other two bends dont come into effect. If I delete the restriction tags, the bends are working, but the bends are of course different to the main object's bends.

Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
    Johannes
    Hi Johanes,
    if you can open a support ticket and send me the file I'll try to find the solution.
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1