• Hey! how can i resolve the problem? after effects shows me a message "this effects may slow down prewiev and export as it is not optimized for multiframe rendering"  :((
    Hi Alina
    You can actually turn the effect off since the effect is simply a user interface and doesn't render anything :D
  • Hey, just seeing if anyone has used Handy Cam with the Stardust plugin¿

I'd set up a scene in Stardust and was looking to get a smoother camera move using Handy Cam. As soon as i added Handy Cam, the scene just wouldn't preview or even be visible in the comp viewer. In turn, causes Ae to come to a stand still and then crash. Tried on both Mac and PC and each time it would end in a Force Quit/End Task. Any one else had this issue¿
  • Hey, just seeing if anyone has used Handy Cam with the Stardust plugin¿

I'd set up a scene in Stardust and was looking to get a smoother camera move using Handy Cam. As soon as i added Handy Cam, the scene just wouldn't preview or even be visible in the comp viewer. In turn, causes Ae to come to a stand still and then crash. Tried on both Mac and PC and each time it would end in a Force Quit/End Task. Any one else had this issue¿

Hey Jordan, Matthew one of the developers of Handy Cam here. 
    Whoah that is really strange, I am not even sure where to begin to debug that, are there any errors that occur or is it simply a hard crash to desktop?
  • Feature request - 3D Stereo cameras.  
    - offset both camera positions in the X-axis (off of the original "center" camera position)
    - offset should be animatible
    There are two kinds of stereo camera rigs ...
    - Parallel: I.e. the look-at points for the cameras share the same x-axis offset
    - Toe-in: both cameras are still looking at the original look-at point.
  • Feature request - 3D Stereo cameras.  
    - offset both camera positions in the X-axis (off of the original "center" camera position)
    - offset should be animatible
    There are two kinds of stereo camera rigs ...
    - Parallel: I.e. the look-at points for the cameras share the same x-axis offset
    - Toe-in: both cameras are still looking at the original look-at point.
    Hi Stevan

Interesting suggestion! I'd not considered a stereo rig. Thank you.
  • I'm just here to thank you for creating this, this thing is a dream for the AE camera, I wouldn't consider using anything with a camera in it without your rig strapped to it, so a million thanks for creating this, you are a wizard.

Also looking at the comments down below   \/   your rig paired with Stereo Toolkit 2 makes for a perfect combination working in stereo. Creating some of the first (that i've seen) animations from After Effects for the Oculus Quest right now, and this could not have been done without your help. Cheers

- Nick 
  • I'm just here to thank you for creating this, this thing is a dream for the AE camera, I wouldn't consider using anything with a camera in it without your rig strapped to it, so a million thanks for creating this, you are a wizard.

Also looking at the comments down below   \/   your rig paired with Stereo Toolkit 2 makes for a perfect combination working in stereo. Creating some of the first (that i've seen) animations from After Effects for the Oculus Quest right now, and this could not have been done without your help. Cheers

- Nick 
    Hi Nick

Thanks for your comment...wow that sounds exciting! Do you have any results you'd be able to share with us?
  • Hi I am interested in buying the plugin just need to know will this work with photoshop layers
  • Hi I am interested in buying the plugin just need to know will this work with photoshop layers
    Hi Terence

It works with all layer types, please give the free trial version a go to see if it's right for you.
  • Dude this is incredible! Thank you!
    It's everything I've tried to setup for myself with various animation presets, custom mogrts, sudo effects, copy and pasting, ETC ETC ETC. You are a beautiful gift to designers and and I wish you the best, 

@anyonethinkingofgettingthis: get it! Trust me 

Out!
  • Dude this is incredible! Thank you!
    It's everything I've tried to setup for myself with various animation presets, custom mogrts, sudo effects, copy and pasting, ETC ETC ETC. You are a beautiful gift to designers and and I wish you the best, 

@anyonethinkingofgettingthis: get it! Trust me 

Out!
    Thank you very much Jeffrey :)
  • Hi,

on the compatibility tab it mentions that it will work with 2024 AE.
    However when I install with aescripts, it gets installed only on 2023. 
    Is it not compatible with 2024?
  • Hi,

on the compatibility tab it mentions that it will work with 2024 AE.
    However when I install with aescripts, it gets installed only on 2023. 
    Is it not compatible with 2024?
    Hi Syed

HandyCam is compatible with Ae 2024. I would recommend installing it to the mediacore (shared directory) which you can set in the manager preferences. This way it will be seen by all versions of AE. I can confirm that it will work in Ae 2024 in that case.
  • Hi :) I just bought the plugin. Do you know why I dont see the "camera red "triangle" " that is projected in the camera view? 

It will only show if I have the camera layer selected.

If I have the null object controller selected, I can use the camera controls but the camera view wont show the camera projection. How can I fix it?

You can see what I mean here: https://imgur.com/a/bZszuSP

• Hi :) I just bought the plugin. Do you know why I dont see the "camera red "triangle" " that is projected in the camera view? 

If I have the null object controller selected, I can use the camera controls but the camera view wont show the camera projection. How can I fix it?

Hi Oxana

I think this After Effects behaviour isn't possible to change, it will only show the camera viewing frustum if it's selected. Sorry about that. 

Hi Oxana

I think this After Effects behaviour isn't possible to change, it will only show the camera viewing frustum if it's selected. Sorry about that. 

That's very weird. You can see in this video (from which I decided to buy the plugin) that it clearly shows otherwise: 

Maybe it's an AE setting?
  • Hey there! 
    I would like to create a flythrough animation with different layer targets. Can I do this with handycam? Can I switch the targets? 
    Thank you, Simon
  • Hi Simon

We don't have a target switching mechanism. One way to achieve it would be to create a null at target one, then keyframe it to the location of target 2. Not ideal.

I'll see if adding a sure-target style targeting tween is possible.