Anchor SNIPER
  • dang, this looks legit.  At first glance I was thinking this just does what the motion 2 script does but I think this will probably replace that anchor point feature.  Also, the split masks feature looks pretty great.  The crop feature looks great too...
  • Having an issue, seems like it's hanging. Processing window stays open, cannot close and cannot execute after first time. Any tips?

• Having an issue, seems like it's hanging. Processing window stays open, cannot close and cannot execute after first time. Any tips?

Hi Kevin and thank you. Can you please try these steps to help us pin-point the issue:
    1. Restart After Effects and try again - does the issue persists?
    2. Does this happen with certain type of layers or effects, or all layers? 
    FYI, You can open an official support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    I will investigate this issue on my end as well and hopefully find and fix the issue.
  • This is AWESOME
  • Absolutely awsome little handy script.  
  • One of the best tools out there! I use it all the time
  • it keeps crashing on me when I try to reposition multiple shape layers to a custom anchor
  • it keeps crashing on me when I try to reposition multiple shape layers to a custom anchor
    Hi Ilya. I could not recreate this issue on my test machines. Can you please restart After Effects and try again? If the issue persists please open a support ticket at this link and we'll do our best to solve the problem. Thank you.
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1473
  • Hi,

I would like give a suggestion. After using the target once, the location of the target is located at the last x and y location used. However if you use it and switch it to a different comp of a much different size, then the X and Y location in the previous use might not even exist in the other comp so the target can't be found in a smaller comp. The also is an issue if you are zoom in as well. It might be outside of the zoomed area and then you have to zoom out in order to grab the target.

I would suggest that instead of that happening, establishing the target at the current objects anchor point instead of the x and y position of the last targeted object.  

Thanks,
    Frank

• Hi,

I would like give a suggestion. After using the target once, the location of the target is located at the last x and y location used. However if you use it and switch it to a different comp of a much different size, then the X and Y location in the previous use might not even exist in the other comp so the target can't be found in a smaller comp. The also is an issue if you are zoom in as well. It might be outside of the zoomed area and then you have to zoom out in order to grab the target.

I would suggest that instead of that happening, establishing the target at the current objects anchor point instead of the x and y position of the last targeted object.  

Thanks,
    Frank

Excellent idea Frank! I can totally see the benefit of this. I'll add this as an option in the settings window - so both current method and your suggestion will be available.
    Thanks a lot!
    Roy
  • Hi, I tested the trial version. Does anchor sniper not work with layer with separated dimension?
    when i try to shift the layer's anchor point using the "Use comp's bound", it will turn off the layer's visibility and the progress bar will show and nothing will happen.
  • Hi, I tested the trial version. Does anchor sniper not work with layer with separated dimension?
    when i try to shift the layer's anchor point using the "Use comp's bound", it will turn off the layer's visibility and the progress bar will show and nothing will happen.
    Hi and thank you. You are correct - Anchor SNIPER currently does not support layers with separated dimensions. This is a feature that will be added in an upcoming update. Thank you for the find!
  • After a few mins of testing with text layers, I realised that when a group of text layers are selected, this plugin doesn't have anchor-point ajusting based on the bounding box of each object.
    It does move the anchor point across the selection... But what it uses as it's parameters, I do not know.

Is there a workaround for this besides slecting each layer to reposition the anchor point (which sort of defeats the purpose of the group anchoring, at least for text).

Much appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Hi Kenny,
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Text layers should work the same as any other type of layer.
    To move the anchor point of each selected layer individually, using its own bounding box, please make sure the Group Selected Layers option is unchecked. When the Group Selected Layers is checked it treats all the selected layers as having a single combined bounding box.
    You can also try restarting AE as this sounds like a strange issue. If the issue persists feel free to open a support ticket at the following link and we'll do our best to assist you:
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1473
    Good health!
    After a few mins of testing with text layers, I realised that when a group of text layers are selected, this plugin doesn't have anchor-point ajusting based on the bounding box of each object.
    It does move the anchor point across the selection... But what it uses as it's parameters, I do not know.

Is there a workaround for this besides slecting each layer to reposition the anchor point (which sort of defeats the purpose of the group anchoring, at least for text).

Much appreciated.
    Thanks

• Just want to thank the developers for this script - its such a simple thing.... but I am going to use it ALL the time.... I can't even believe all the countless accrued hours wasted before I discovered this thing. So happy I found it! :D
  • Thank you very much Matthew! I hope you don't mind that I'll quote you on that :D
    Stay safe and healthy!

• Is this compatible with Ae 2022? Great video and would like to use this!
  • Thank you developers for sharing this...your suggestions valuable..
  • Is this compatible with Ae 2022? Great video and would like to use this!
    Hi and thanks a lot! Anchor SNIPER is compatible with AE 2022. I'll update the compatibility list. 
  • I'm using Anchor Sniper 1.1 with AE 2021, but it's hanging on the progress bar. I read down below in another comment that it doesn't work on layers with separated dimensions, which is what I'm using. Any idea when an update might be available? 

• I'm using Anchor Sniper 1.1 with AE 2021, but it's hanging on the progress bar. I read down below in another comment that it doesn't work on layers with separated dimensions, which is what I'm using. Any idea when an update might be available? 

Hi there Kenton, I am working on an update but unfortunately I don't have an exact ETA I hope to get it out in a few months. Thank you and stay healthy!
  • This is not working anymore. Any chance it'll ever be updated? From the notes below, looks like not. 
  • This is not working anymore. Any chance it'll ever be updated? From the notes below, looks like not. 

Hi Skye. It's still working for me :) Which version of AE are you using? Please try to restart AE to see if that helps.