Compound Matte
  • Looks great, this is something I have been hoping for a long time! Does it work with Luma matte as well, or only alpha? If so will/can it support both in the future? 
  • Looks great, this is something I have been hoping for a long time! Does it work with Luma matte as well, or only alpha? If so will/can it support both in the future? 
    Thanks,
    Currently, it only works on Alpha, but in the next version, which will be released very soon, Luma will also be added..
  • Does it work also on 3D Layers?
  • Does it work also on 3D Layers?
    Yes! Works well on 3D layers
  • Is it possible to delete the imported shape layers afterwards?
  • Is it possible to delete the imported shape layers afterwards?
    Yes, sure .. the red x button is used for this
  • Does this work if you give your project file to someone who doesn't have the plugin?  Or will all the mattes break for them?
  • Does this work if you give your project file to someone who doesn't have the plugin?  Or will all the mattes break for them?
    No problem,
    You can open the project anywhere else and no problem without the plugin.
  • Is it planned (possible) that in a future version the Matte will honor effects like the CC Bendit Effect on the Source layer? Thank you. And 16 Bit support?
  • Is it planned (possible) that in a future version the Matte will honor effects like the CC Bendit Effect on the Source layer? Thank you. And 16 Bit support?
    Unfortunately, After Effect restrictions do not allow us to these updates!
    - Of course we do our best for it..
  • Hi, I bought this to speed up some roto tasks so that I could work with multiple mattes without precomping but it seems you have to precomp Solid Layers that have Masks on them so it defeats the point.  Does this only work with Shape Layers within the same comp?  That's pretty restrictive seeing as Shape Layers don't have a feather function.

Or am I approaching this incorrectly?

Thanks!
  • Hi, I bought this to speed up some roto tasks so that I could work with multiple mattes without precomping but it seems you have to precomp Solid Layers that have Masks on them so it defeats the point.  Does this only work with Shape Layers within the same comp?  That's pretty restrictive seeing as Shape Layers don't have a feather function.

Or am I approaching this incorrectly?

Thanks!
    Yes, you need a pre-comp for solid layers that have masks..
    If you select it as the "source layer", there are no restrictions
  • please make the [ add mattes layer ] button in one undo group
  • so effects won't works on mattes right now? i tried roughen edges effect on my shape layer and it doesn't work.
    any workaround you can think of?
  • I ve watched the tutorial and the promo about 10 times to try and understand what I m doing wrong. I m unable to create any matte as it keeps saying I need to precompose everything I try to add as a matte source... the tutorial shows nothing of this script alert I m getting and none of your files are precomposed.. what am I doing incorrectly  ? Does this only work with shape layers ? I m trying to use layers with alpha as my matte source.