• Would be nice if the alpha channel paramater could be destructive and eat away at the layers actual alpha instead of shuffling it's existing one around.
    Really wanted to use this effect for a block shuffle reveal.
  • Would be nice if the alpha channel paramater could be destructive and eat away at the layers actual alpha instead of shuffling it's existing one around.
    Hi Oskar. This is an interesting proposal and easy to implement. But let me first assure myself I understand your feature request clearly.

In simplified form, Block Swap's algorithm is based on the principle of picking positions of two rectangles and swapping the content according to "Channels" mode. Let's call the first rectangle "source" and the second "destination."

For example, in RGBA mode, we swap complete RGB and alpha data. What do you propose is to come up with such "Channels" mode, where the "source" rectangle's alpha data are copied onto the "destination" one, instead of swapping in between? So "destination's" alpha is destructed, while "source's" one is duplicated. Did I get it right?