- Home /
- Block Swap
Compatibility After Effects Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Compatibility Premiere Please check exact version compatibility under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab below
Adding to cart...
Add Your tagsClose
How it works
Blocks of the source image are simply swapped between each other. Their size, spread, count and other parameters can be controlled and animated.
Available parameters rundown
Channels allow you to specify which color channels should the effect be applied to:
- RGBA - the effect is applied to all channels equally
- red, green, blue and alpha - the effect is applied only to the selected channel
- Block Width specifies the width of the blocks that should be swapped - the values go from 1 (this produces noise-like effect) up to 1024 (large tiles)
- Block Height specifies the height of the blocks
- Shuffle Strength - the percentage of blocks that should be swapped. 0 - all the blocks remain in their original place; 1 - all the blocks are swapped.
- Shuffle Spread - how far apart should the swapping occur. 0 - swaps only the neighbouring blocks; 1 - swaps blocks that are the furthest apart.
Shuffle Spread Direction determines the axis where swapping occurs:
- Horizontal - blocks are moved only in their rows
- Vertical - blocks are moved only in their columns
- Both - blocks are swapped anywhere in the image
- Random Seed sets the order that's used for swapping. Animate this to move blocks around randomly.
|After Effects||2022, 2021, 2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6|
|Premiere||2022, 2021, 2020, CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6|