Automatic Whiteboard
  • I have AE 2024 and just installed Auto Whiteboard. I'm getting an error that reads: unable to execute script at line 6. null is not an object. The panel is blank. Are you sure it is compatible?
    For tech issues please contact me directly through the email in the support docs.
    The script does work with 2024, so we'll need to work out why it isn't working for you.  Is there any chance you're on a Mac and you use Dropbox?
    I've followed the instructions on this page https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/#null and turned off the backup feature in Dropbox and restarted my Mac. The issue remains.
    Please see this FAQ: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/null-is-not-an-object-error/
    Yes, thanks Lloyd. I have tried all these solutions and a half dozen other I found on Adobe including disabling Dropbox and OneDrive altogether. Whiteboard is the only plugin I'm having trouble with.
  • It looks like I needed to update the script to address the Mac & Dropbox bug.  I seem to have fixed this problem 2 years ago but didn't actually update the zip file on the server, so sorry about that.  At some point today the script version will update to 1.2 and this should hopefully fix your problem.
    If you continue to have issues then please raise a ticket through the AEScripts website, this will allow you to contact me directly.
  • It looks like I needed to update the script to address the Mac & Dropbox bug.  I seem to have fixed this problem 2 years ago but didn't actually update the zip file on the server, so sorry about that.  At some point today the script version will update to 1.2 and this should hopefully fix your problem.
    If you continue to have issues then please raise a ticket through the AEScripts website, this will allow you to contact me directly.
    Thank you, Chris for your attention to my problem. Unfortunately, the new version encounters the same exact error. If I'm the only user experiencing the problem, perhaps I should ask AEScripts for a refund.
  • Thank you, Chris for your attention to my problem. Unfortunately, the new version encounters the same exact error. If I'm the only user experiencing the problem, perhaps I should ask AEScripts for a refund.
    Sorry, the 1.2zip has not made it through to the server yet.  Unlike other scripts, this one is a larger package that's about 300meg in size.  
    If you raise a support ticket with AEScripts rather than post comments here then I can contact you directly, and easily send you the updated script file which is much smaller.
  • Thank you, Chris for your attention to my problem. Unfortunately, the new version encounters the same exact error. If I'm the only user experiencing the problem, perhaps I should ask AEScripts for a refund.
    Sorry, the 1.2zip has not made it through to the server yet.  Unlike other scripts, this one is a larger package that's about 300meg in size.  
    If you raise a support ticket with AEScripts rather than post comments here then I can contact you directly, and easily send you the updated script file which is much smaller.
    Thanks, Chris. I have entered a support ticket with AEScripts.