• Love this tool! I'm grateful it exists and it works so well. One feature request: It would be a game changer for my team if we could also remove a certain number of characters as part of the prefix/suffix step. Something like Remove [x many] characters at end, then add suffix". Thanks!
  • Love this tool! I'm grateful it exists and it works so well. One feature request: It would be a game changer for my team if we could also remove a certain number of characters as part of the prefix/suffix step. Something like Remove [x many] characters at end, then add suffix". Thanks!
    Hello Trevor! Thanks for your inspiration! We will think about it :)
  • nice tool i've tried it but from an assistante editor stand point i'd love to have: 
    - copy from metadata column ex: scene shot take info to tape name or clip name it will be awsome this option alone 
    - import from csv to populate naming if its possible

• nice tool i've tried it but from an assistante editor stand point i'd love to have: 
    - copy from metadata column ex: scene shot take info to tape name or clip name it will be awsome this option alone 
    - import from csv to populate naming if its possible

great ideas! what metadata column do you use the most? (except those that you have already written)
  • It doesn't rename the filename of the source file for the clip, it only renames the symbolic name.  I have a bunch of proxy files named "file01_P"  I need to change the filename of the source file for the clip to "file01"  If I go to relink, the File Name is still the original file name and not the new changed name.
  • It doesn't rename the filename of the source file for the clip, it only renames the symbolic name.  I have a bunch of proxy files named "file01_P"  I need to change the filename of the source file for the clip to "file01"  If I go to relink, the File Name is still the original file name and not the new changed name.
    Hey!
    If you are trying to rename a clip on the timeline, this will work as you described. That's right, there's no mistake here, that's how clips work in Premiere.
    If you need to rename items in a project, you need to use rename in the Project window. The timeline contains only symbolic clip names.
  • does it work with premiere 2022?
  • does it work with premiere 2022?
    Hello! Sure.
  • It is missing a "search and replace" function, or am i mistaken? I desperately need that.
  • It is missing a "search and replace" function, or am i mistaken? I desperately need that.
    Hi Patrick,
    You can find and replace any text in the item names. In "Rename It" it's just a different interface.
  • Renaming isnt working i have prem pro 2023. I have nested sequences and want it to change the name to the video file name inside its only one video inside the nest.
  • Renaming isnt working i have prem pro 2023. I have nested sequences and want it to change the name to the video file name inside its only one video inside the nest.
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.
  • Is there a way to search for images? I want to sort all project images in a bin.
  • MA ZA said:
    Is there a way to search for images? I want to sort all project images in a bin.
    Hi! Sorry, we can't search by file types, only item names.
  • Is there a way to copy the content from one column to another one ? thatt would be great for tape names or to copy scene-shot-take to name
  • I can't seem to rename items using "Work with selected", it doesnt seem to recognize that I have selected sequences in the "Project:" tab. Can you help me?
    Nice tool i've tried it.
  • Hi! I'm not sure what "Complete renaming of items" does. It seems to have the same effect whether I have it selected or not.
  • I can't seem to rename items using "Work with selected", it doesnt seem to recognize that I have selected sequences in the "Project:" tab. Can you help me?
    I'm having the same issue with Rename It 1.0.2 in Premiere 2024.1.0 on macOS Sonoma.