Smart Collect for Premiere Pro
  • I tested a Premiere project and collecting media that's in nested sequences seem to work fine natively. Please advise.
  • I tested a Premiere project and collecting media that's in nested sequences seem to work fine natively. Please advise.
    Hi Misha, you mean the Premiere's native "project manager"?

If yes, you are right, it works fine. But you can do this if you have only a few nested. If you have a lot of them, and not all are used in the timeline you need to collect, you have to search in whole timeline only the nested you used in it. Try in a real project with 30/40 nested and use only a few, maybe a nest into another nest, into another... and try (after some days, so you can't remember the name choosed for the nested) the native project manager...it's a pain :)

Of course, for simple projects with few nested, premiere's native collect system is enough.
  • It does not appear that the timeline gets consolidated…but rather copies the original clips in their entirety. So if a 2min sequence references 12 2 hour long clips, that's a lot of unnecessary media. If there was a consolidate media with handles option I’d get very interested in this. Mainly because the native project manager claims to do this but it absolutely does not. Worse the Project Manager copies all the proxies - even those that are never used by the sequence(!). This results in hours of unnecessary copying. When it comes to backing up or sending sequences to someone  else the consolidate function is critical. If you’re software claims to do all this, I’m in! If not, let me know when it does.
  • It does not appear that the timeline gets consolidated…but rather copies the original clips in their entirety. So if a 2min sequence references 12 2 hour long clips, that's a lot of unnecessary media. If there was a consolidate media with handles option I’d get very interested in this. Mainly because the native project manager claims to do this but it absolutely does not. Worse the Project Manager copies all the proxies - even those that are never used by the sequence(!). This results in hours of unnecessary copying. When it comes to backing up or sending sequences to someone  else the consolidate function is critical. If you’re software claims to do all this, I’m in! If not, let me know when it does.
    Hi jeffrey! Yes, Smart Collect only collect the assets, and do not perform a consolidate. This choice has been made for a precise motive: to be sure that the collect works fine and the user can get his collected assets, instead of having troubles like the native project manager. Implementing the "consolidation", a lot of risk will be introduced..issues with codecs, crash while transcoding ecc, so we opted for a less optimized (in terms of disk space) workflow, but much more affidable.
    This extension is created with in mind semplicity and issuesless.

Thanks for your feedback :)
  • Select folder doesn't pop up
  • Okay the folder does work was taking time. What about  collection clips from the scene detection 
  • Okay the folder does work was taking time. What about  collection clips from the scene detection 
    Hi Zachary,

Sometimes, the OS, doesn't focus on the open folder dialog..it is opened but minimized on the OS bar. It is a thing that not depend by Smart Collect.

What you mean with collection clip?
  • Is it possible to collect multiple sequences in a single project?
  • Is it possible to collect multiple sequences in a single project?
    Hi! Yes, you can do with a simple workaround. Create a new sequence (do not care about settings, it will be deleted after the collect) and drag into it all sequences you need to collect. Then keep open and active this new sequence and collect it with "copy" button.

Once the process is done, open your collected project and get rid of the new timeline creted, in the project panel you will find the interested sequences :)

i'll do a small videotutorial in the next days
  • Hi, i updated the product page with a quick tutorial on multiple sequences collect
  • What are the trial version limitations?
  • jose pge said:
    What are the trial version limitations?
    It's a full working trial, the only limitation are the 10 days
  • I just tries to collect 5 separate sequences using the technique described in your latest video. Every time I get the same message pop up that says Smart Collect is going to copy [0 files]. Be sure to have [NaN undefined] of free disk space. Sure enough, nothing gets copied over. I then try to collect one of the individual sequences and the same message happens. 
  • I just tries to collect 5 separate sequences using the technique described in your latest video. Every time I get the same message pop up that says Smart Collect is going to copy [0 files]. Be sure to have [NaN undefined] of free disk space. Sure enough, nothing gets copied over. I then try to collect one of the individual sequences and the same message happens. 
    Hi, did you tried with another project? Just to be sure that it's not project dependent.
    What kind of footage do you have on the timeline (video, images, premiere generated elements ecc, After effect comps, ecc)

Did the script generated a log file in the selected folder?

PS: i suggest you to open a ticket, it's more easy for me to respond

Thank you
  • I have a project in premiere pro, where there are several nests, and within these nests there are other nests, and it is giving the error (Smart Collect is going to copy [0 files]. Be sure to have [NaN undefined] of free disk space. Sure enough, nothing gets copied over), when I put it in a sequence with 1 only nest it works normally. How can I resolve this without having to change my timeline?
  • Hi Gusthavo, sorry for the issue.
    Please, open a support ticket, so i can better help you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1653&direct=1

• Hello, it seems that the Select Folder button doesn't want to work.

I don't see anything popping up, neither anything new showing up minimized in the taskbar. Also have tried to wait for a while, but still nothing happens. 

Any workaround?  

I don't see anything popping up, neither anything new showing up minimized in the taskbar. Also have tried to wait for a while, but still nothing happens. 

Any workaround?  
    EDIT: Adobe told me that is a bug in their release of CC 2024 (in 2023 works fine). They already solved in beta version and will be solved in the next official upgrade. If you want, project are interchangeable between PR 2024 and PR 2024 beta, so you can use it while waiting for their next official update

Hi Alexia, i'm sorry for this issue! Please open a support ticket, so i can better assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1653
    Anyway, i noticed today that also a colleague of mine start getting this problem, i'm going to investigate very soon.

Please, open the ticket, so i can gather more info about the issue.
    Thank you!

Igor

Any workaround?  
    EDIT: Adobe told me that is a bug in their release of CC 2024 (in 2023 works fine). They already solved in beta version and will be solved in the next official upgrade. If you want, project are interchangeable between PR 2024 and PR 2024 beta, so you can use it while waiting for their next official update

Hi Alexia, i'm sorry for this issue! Please open a support ticket, so i can better assist you: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1653
    Anyway, i noticed today that also a colleague of mine start getting this problem, i'm going to investigate very soon.

Please, open the ticket, so i can gather more info about the issue.
    Thank you!

Igor

Ah, thank you!

I'll try out the beta version then.