Smart Key Reverse
  • HI,
    a script I was waiting for! But, something weird is going on, by reversing position / scale, the x-value (and if I define an y-value) seems to generate movement, instead of staying stable between last position and reversed first position keyframe. Ist this a bug, I'm I doing something wrong??? Pls see the picture. And it doesn't reverse properly, when choose another keyframe-format.

So far useless, at the moment. A pity.

Best.

OS X 10.15.6
    AE 16.1.3
  • Hi Krystyna, 
    Thank you for you interset in the tool. 
    Based on your screen you are using Easy Ease keyframe interpolation. So, in this case when you have 2 keys with the same value you can face an After Effects bug. Suggest you to use a Hold keyframe in between.
    Regarding another keyframe format we will figure out this issue. 
    Best regards, Alex

• Hi,
    I installed the script in the ScriptUI folder, but the operation panel and docking panel are separated into two, and docking does not work well.
    Is there a solution?
    Windows 10
    AE 16.1.3
  • Hi Michinari,
    Thank you for you interset in the tool. 
    Unfortunately, your pic dosn't work. 
    To dock Smart Key Reverse, just hold title and place whenever you need. 
    Best regards, Alex
  • Hi Alex.
    Thank you for your reply.
    I uploaded the pic again. I hope I can confirm it. The panels are not integrated. The other script panels are working fine, but only the Smart Key Reverse looks like this. Even if you drag the title and join it, the panel that pops out remains as it is and cannot be jointed.

• Dear Michinari, 
    Thank you for your screen. 
    We will figure out an issue and fix it as soon as possible. 
    You can use a non dockable panel in current version or dockable in AE CC 2018 and below until a new update will be released
    Best regards, Alex 
  • Many thanks for fixing! Works well - a game changer and big time saver!
    Cheerz!
  • Many thanks for fixing! Works well - a game changer and big time saver!
    Cheerz!
    Krystyna, thank you for your comment!
  • Hi Alex,
    Thank you for fixing the undocking panel.
    I have another problem. If the keyframes are mixed with ease-in and ease-out, the keyframes cannot be flipped properly.
    I hope for improvement.

• Hi Alex,
    Thank you for fixing the undocking panel.
    I have another problem. If the keyframes are mixed with ease-in and ease-out, the keyframes cannot be flipped properly.
    I hope for improvement.

Hi Michinari, 
    We will get insight into this issue and it will be improved
    Thank you! 
  • Hi Alex,
    Thank you for fixing the problem.
  • Is it possible for the user to assign shortcut to the "ok" function, for example the user could press a button (or use a Stream Deck) and activate the reverse function without having to use the mouse. Also a similar thing is possible with Kbar: See mamoworld's use of creating a public API for their plugins here: https://mamoworld.com/article/pins-boxes-kbar-api

• Hi Andy,
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, this functionality will be added in the next update soon.
    Andy Sherman said:
    Is it possible for the user to assign shortcut to the "ok" function, for example the user could press a button (or use a Stream Deck) and activate the reverse function without having to use the mouse. Also a similar thing is possible with Kbar: See mamoworld's use of creating a public API for their plugins here: https://mamoworld.com/article/pins-boxes-kbar-api
  • I really like the tool, but I can't copy on current time(I've tried all options and can't get desirable result)...

• I really like the tool, but I can't copy on current time(I've tried all options and can't get desirable result)...

Hi Stanko, 
    Thank you for using Smart Key Reverse. We will in progress to find a solution. So hotfix update will be released as soon as possible. As alternative feature you can use work area reverse.
    Best wishes
  • I'm getting this error when I launch the script -- 

"Unable to execute script at line 326. Bad argument list."

Is there something I can do to fix it? I'm in AE 2020.

It was successfully tested on AE2020 and AE2021. 
    Nobody has mentioned this problem since the last release among all customers and testers.
    There is no code in line 326.
    Could you provide more info on your issue via support ticket?

Best regards, 
    Alex
  • I have key frames on three layers and want to reverse their order, and have not been able to figure out how to accomplish this with Smart Key Reverse 2
  • Wes Wait said:
    I have key frames on three layers and want to reverse their order, and have not been able to figure out how to accomplish this with Smart Key Reverse 2
    Hi Wes, 
    Thank you for using Smart Key Reverse. 
    If you experience some issues with the tool, please open a support ticket and try to explain as much as possible issue details and provide more information regarding what software you are using, OS, etc. 

Best regards, 
    Alex
  • Got it and works pretty well but is there a possibillity to copy the reversed keys to the Timemarker and not to the end of the layer, or is it possible to build such a function in an future update?
  • Got it and works pretty well but is there a possibillity to copy the reversed keys to the Timemarker and not to the end of the layer, or is it possible to build such a function in an future update?
    Yes, it is possible. Use "At Time" Reverse to reverse keyframes at selected time.

I had that same thing, I just could not get it to work, until last night! Try this: Hold down COMMAND(CTRL) + OPTION (ALT) +SHIFT during the startup of after effects, that fixed it for me. Goodluck!

• I tried using the trial version to see if this was useful but nothing seems to work in AE 18.4.1. When I select keys the "selected" option remains greyed out and regardless of what combination of options or keyframes selected, it simply will not work.
  • I tried using the trial version to see if this was useful but nothing seems to work in AE 18.4.1. When I select keys the "selected" option remains greyed out and regardless of what combination of options or keyframes selected, it simply will not work.
    That's true. In the trial version it is disabled as well as some other options.  

• It's not working for me. I keep getting "Unable to execute script at line 6. Null is not an object." Anything I can do?
  • It's not working for me. I keep getting "Unable to execute script at line 6. Null is not an object." Anything I can do?
    Hi,
    Try this: Hold down COMMAND(CTRL) + OPTION (ALT) +SHIFT during the startup of After Effects.
    If you still expirience an issue, please, open a support ticket
  • This really is starting to feel like a scam. So many users have the same problem about after effects not being able to execute a code in a line and the creator has done absolutely nothing. I really recommend NOT buying this script until the author does something about it. Stop giving him free money.

The script is in binary so of course the lines are not going to correspond with your working file but it is still your job to find and correct the code.

I already opened a ticket months ago and you still did nothing so save it.
  • I'm getting the same error as previous user from years ago "Unable to execute script at line 326. Bad argument list."

It worked yesterday but today won't open. I deleted preferences. Is there a fix for this?

• Thank you for this interseting tool. I will surely use it..
  • I'm getting the same error as previous user from years ago "Unable to execute script at line 326. Bad argument list."

It worked yesterday but today won't open. I deleted preferences. Is there a fix for this?

It's the same with me.