Goodbye Greenscreen
  • El guión apaga la máquina.
  • This works fine on my RTX2080ti desktop but won't work on my new RTX3080 laptop (or my colleagues RTX3080 different brand laptop).
    Really could do with an update please.
  • Having trouble installing v1.4. I keep getting the popup "The Installer of Goodbye Greenscreen is corrupted. Would you like to delete it and download it again?"
  • 1.4 crashes the NVIDIA driver when doing a cleankplate keying. Automask works just fine. 1.3 doesn't have that issue.
  • Keeps failing when AE 2022 launches, this is when it is in the common 7.0 folder. Do not see it in premier at all. Have tried manual install and AEscripts manager install and still does not work. Also the uninstall from manager doesn't actually uninstall anything, you have to manually do. How do I get AE to load this plugin? Mostly interested in non-GPU version since I only have a 2GB Nvidia card and can't imagine it will like that only CPU exclusive version?

The error is After Effects warning: the following plugins have failed to load. please reinstall these plugins and then gives the directory where it is 7.0/media core\goodbyegreenscreen\goodbyegreenscreen-1.4.0.aex.

This can be fixed by placing in AE 2022's plugin folder manually but then when you trying to use it, it locks up AE completely after another error. Demo videos look great, but cant seem to get past even being installed....curious how others are doing it? This is windows 10, AE2022. Is there an older version until 1.4 is ready? 1.3 maybe?

• I have installed v1.4.0 and have had no problems installing on AE 2022 although I didn't get as good performance from v1.4.0 on my old 1080 GTX card. So I tried to install v1.3.0 again that worked with AE 2021 but I now get a can't find entry point with that install on AE 2022. Mind you for those having problems with the install of 1.4.0, I did a complete reinstall of windows first to make sure I didn't have any kinds of installation problems when I upgraded AE and all the plugins I have, not saying anyone wants to do a complete reinstall of everything on there computer but I find that sometimes a fresh start takes away the headache lol. Blace Plugins are doing great work by providing plugins such as this and it being an early version there is always kinks.  There working on it. Keep up the good work guys!
  • To all having trouble: Please install the newest version (1.5.1).
  • After installing the trial, AfterEffects stopped recognizing all images and movies and other assets in my projects! Not sure if it's just coincidence??? Kind of an issue, an urgent issue! 
  • After installing, after effects, any version, crashes on launching and shutsdown
  • hm…  I really like that plugin. Actually it is kind of a wonder.
    But it keeps crashing AfterEffects everytime. Had to uninstall 1.5.1 GPU and revert to 1.3.0 which is reallly slow. Turning off the „use GPU“ crashes immediately..
    That is sad.
  • MAC version for PREMIER PLEASE<3 TAKE MY MONEY
  • I agree with the comments below. I really like the key I get with it, especially the hair. but it keeps crashing After Effects. Unusable.
    I cannot purchase it as a result. I am using NVidia Titan Pascal, 64G ram.
  • This product is a great idea , but its completly unstable , I would rebrand it as beta , just to get it work better and faster before selling it for 79 $
  • Hey all,
    please try with the latest version. It includes many stability fixes :)
  • Greetings.

I see that, under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab of this AESCRIPTS page it says that GOODBYE GREENSCREEN is compatible with both After Effects & with Premiere Pro. 

Question: Does this mean that GOODBYE GREENSCREEN works equally well in both After Effects & Premiere Pro? 
    Or would you say it works better in After Effects?

Thanks.
    Best Wishes,

Prodos
    Melbourne, Australia
  • 1.61 CPU version not working with Premiere pro 22.3  ,when apply effect to image ,windows freeze. btw After Effect 22.3 working.
  • 1.6.1 Only renders black frames if it doesn't immediately crash in after effects (2022). Even just having it sitting idle on the timeline will eventually cause a crash. Is there an email that users can use to communicate issues and questions?
  • The latest version (1.7.1) runs equally well in Premiere Pro.

Greetings.

I see that, under the "COMPATIBILITY" tab of this AESCRIPTS page it says that GOODBYE GREENSCREEN is compatible with both After Effects & with Premiere Pro. 

Question: Does this mean that GOODBYE GREENSCREEN works equally well in both After Effects & Premiere Pro? 
    Or would you say it works better in After Effects?

Thanks.
    Best Wishes,

Prodos
    Melbourne, Australia

• even the latest version 1.7.1 is crashing when I just "touch" a comp in the projectwindow that has the effect applied and active in it.
    But how does one drg it into another comp without touching it..
  •  Latest version 1.8.0 is crashing in AE 2022 when I just "touch" a comp in the project window
  • Still very unstable. Lots of crashes when changeing parameters. The key it creates is not better than that of a normal difference matte. 

Not (yet) useable in professiona production
  • @Sascha: it looks like you painted the Cleanplate yourself with some copy brush. For the plugin to work you need to record the plate during shooting without the subjects in front. Regarding the crashing, please follow http://docs.blaceplugins.com/troubleshooting.html#helping-us-solve-problems
  • I really love this AI based tool and I see it as a stepping stone to create a basis for great Keys.

I am a freelance AE Generalist working for low to mid-budget TV Shows, and this tool is really something that I need in my arsenal. But buyer beware. I would not recommend it as "set and forget" filter! The outcome Quality is way too random most of the time. To get the best out of this filter, you should have a CleanPlate (= same shot but without the object/actor you want to isolate) and a camera on a tripod. And you have to be prepared to invest quite some time into manual fixing the result by creating additional masks and manual brush strokes. The issue is, you will get a lot of random areas in the alpha channel that will pop in and out at random. You will need to fix that on a frame by frame basis. Sometimes I am lucky, and a shot is 95% done on the first try. But sometimes it needs an hour or two to fix up a 5 Second Shot. It helps greatly to prepare the Clips beforehand with Color Correcting and Denoising, so the AI can create better results.  

But why am I so happy with this tool then if it takes so much effort? Because it creates superb results on hair and motion Blur. There is no way I can think of, to extract those details with the same High Quality results as this tool does from a random Background. So I say it again! This Filter is my number one tool when dealing with difficult Key Shots.

About crashing. I have to agree that it can be an issue. Firstly! Make sure you have the latest Drives for your graphics card. And you should have a decent graphic card with lots of RAM. I am happy with my Nvidia 1080Ti 11GB for example.
    I am not an expert in this specific tool, but I recommend keeping the comp as simple as possible! No Color correction or glows or anything! Postpone anything special for future comps. Instead, focus only on the key. Try to work with final Clips. Avoid PreComposing anything that is needed in the key, since that might cause stability issues. Do not use time remapping or freeze frame on the Clip or the Clean Plate! So in other words, Prepare your shots beforehand in a way that you will end up with final Clips, that you can use directly to create Keys from. Keep this in mind, and you should be able to work. The less comp-complexity, the better in terms of stability!

Oh and this new "Generic 2022" is definitely a great improvement if you do not have a clean plate. Even if you have a clean plate, it is worth a try.

• I agree with Philipp Gianinger, this product is a stepping stone to create great keys. Recently I purchased Goodbye Greenscreen for Mac and was surprised how effective it is in keying. Rendering is relatively quick, yet I found it best to break up a long clip in to sections to process.

Post Goodbye Greenscreen rendering, it would appear further work will be involved to return certain details to shots, which is to say garbage matting, erasing and fine rotoscoping. Even so, this is a valuable tool just as Chris Vranos' Composite Brush is to isolate areas within a video composition.
  • Hello! Does your plugin use somehow the new paper from the same dev team (RobustVideoMatting), or it uses only previous one (Background Matting V2)? Just wondering. Thanks!
  • Hey guys!  Awesome plugins you developed.  Been using them on PC for a while but my workhorse is a Mac so I'm real happy you released them on Mac.  I have an issue though, I had the Goodbye greenscreen plugin and I installed the Depth Scanner and, somehow they seem to get in conflict, I installed Depth Scanner and launched AE, the plugin Goodbye Greenscreen was missing, re-installed GG, now Depth Scanner was missing and AE just crashes when I try to quit.  I have a MacMini M1 16GB ram 256GB HD
  • Hey guys!  Awesome plugins you developed.  Been using them on PC for a while but my workhorse is a Mac so I'm real happy you released them on Mac.  I have an issue though, I had the Goodbye greenscreen plugin and I installed the Depth Scanner and, somehow they seem to get in conflict, I installed Depth Scanner and launched AE, the plugin Goodbye Greenscreen was missing, re-installed GG, now Depth Scanner was missing and AE just crashes when I try to quit.  I have a MacMini M1 16GB ram 256GB HD
    This is solved in the latest update :)
  • Just wondering about the versions? Mac is now at version 1.8.8 and Windows at version 1.8.0 is all the work now just going to develop for just the Mac.
  • STILL WAITING PLUGIN UPDATE FOR WIN....
  • khanh dao said:
    STILL WAITING PLUGIN UPDATE FOR WIN....
    It is already!

Just wondering about the versions? Mac is now at version 1.8.8 and Windows at version 1.8.0 is all the work now just going to develop for just the Mac.
    All the newer versions contain changes and fixes related to Mac or introduce only minor changes which will be included in the next Windows release too!
  • Any chance as its a plugin to tweak it for CS6? It seemed to install fine, and it even showed up when i applied it but looks like it may just need adjusting to work? 

FYI i saw teh Windows and Nvidia versions and tried to install the Nvidia one. Would be utterly incredible if you can see. Happy to help test also as i help many others with testing. Thanks so much.
  • Any chance as its a plugin to tweak it for CS6? It seemed to install fine, and it even showed up when i applied it but looks like it may just need adjusting to work? 

FYI i saw teh Windows and Nvidia versions and tried to install the Nvidia one. Would be utterly incredible if you can see. Happy to help test also as i help many others with testing. Thanks so much.
    In case it helps. Here is a screen shot. Happy to test any ideas. FYI This one was me trying the non Nvidia installer this time.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/gm1rZWKL
  • Do you have to shoot the background plate yourself? Or does this plugin create that for you somehow?
  • Premiere 23.1 crashes on startup with the latest version of Goodbye Greenscreen (1.9.1).
    Any ideas?

CS6 can't be supported sadly.

Do you have to shoot the background plate yourself? Or does this plugin create that for you somehow?
    You have to shoot it yourself.

Premiere 23.1 crashes on startup with the latest version of Goodbye Greenscreen (1.9.1).
    Any ideas?
    This is fixed in the latest version.
  • New version 1.9.5 support Nvidia had a problem: I can't save my project, I don't know why but when i remove plugin goodbye greenscreen then I can save again. What happend ?
  • Pass To said:
    New version 1.9.5 support Nvidia had a problem: I can't save my project, I don't know why but when i remove plugin goodbye greenscreen then I can save again. What happend ?
    Hey, please open a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1706
  • When I apply the plugin to a video there is following error: After Effects error: Couldn´t find main entry point for GoodbyeGreenscreen.plugin (48 ::72)
    .. then when i try to apply the plugin again it says: After Effects error: invalid filter (25 :: 3).

I´m running AE 2021 on a MacPro (Mid 2010), macOS Mojave 10.14.6, 2x 3,06 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

Is there any fix for this?
    Thanks!

please open a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1706
  • Keeps crashing and saying not enough memory. I have a maxed out M1 macbook pro, also tried on my insane PC, same result. 
  • Keeps crashing and saying not enough memory. I have a maxed out M1 macbook pro, also tried on my insane PC, same result. 
    Hey Stefan, please open a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1706
  • On a WIN11 AE 2023 the Nvidia version crashed AE, and the CPU version made it slow like granny in the snow. Totally unusable. And no, I won't open a support ticket. Please go fix the plugin and then make it available, not the other way around. We're not beta testing here, are we?

• On a WIN11 AE 2023 the Nvidia version crashed AE, and the CPU version made it slow like granny in the snow. Totally unusable. And no, I won't open a support ticket. Please go fix the plugin and then make it available, not the other way around. We're not beta testing here, are we?

Hey Jani, I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the plugin. It's well tested and crashs should be the exception. If you change your mind about opening a bug ticket, I am sure we will be able to help you!
  • My experience with this one was not good. The person in the video was rapidly fading in and out and the background was bubbling in and out of existence. I was in Human mode. The other modes were worse. The lack of fine tuning was also disappointing. I think the other plugin Mask Prompter shows more promise than this one. 

Others have mentioned crashing and the first time I launched after installing it crashed. Later attempts seemed fine. <Shrug>
  • My experience with this one was not good. The person in the video was rapidly fading in and out and the background was bubbling in and out of existence. I was in Human mode. The other modes were worse. The lack of fine tuning was also disappointing. I think the other plugin Mask Prompter shows more promise than this one. 

Others have mentioned crashing and the first time I launched after installing it crashed. Later attempts seemed fine. <Shrug>
    Hey Tim, as with most ai-based models the keying quality can depend on several factors which are hard to control. If you want you can send the footage over via a bug ticket (https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1706) and I'll look into possible improvements. Thanks for your feedback anyways!
  • How about an up to date manual?  I can't find any information about what the Samples slider does.
  • How about an up to date manual?  I can't find any information about what the Samples slider does.
    Please look here: https://docs.blaceplugins.com/goodbye-greenscreen.html#samples-not-available-for-all-settings
  • So...all my blace plugins on windows is no longer working.  I've shutdown and reinstalled them several times now with no luck.  Anyone else having this issuse?  Like non of them are working in After Effects at all. 

Depth Scanner
    Goodbye Greenscreen
    Local Diffusion
    Mask Prompter

• So...all my blace plugins on windows is no longer working.  I've shutdown and reinstalled them several times now with no luck.  Anyone else having this issuse?  Like non of them are working in After Effects at all. 

Depth Scanner
    Goodbye Greenscreen
    Local Diffusion
    Mask Prompter

Thank you for opening a ticket. Let's solve it there!
  • I just loaded  Goodbye green screen on my Mac OS 13.3.1  Ventura with AE 2023.  When change the keying mode to backround it alwasy CRASHES the project.  Please advise
  • I just loaded  Goodbye green screen on my Mac OS 13.3.1  Ventura with AE 2023.  When change the keying mode to backround it alwasy CRASHES the project.  Please advise
    Hey,
    we are working on this bug. As a workaround, 1) deactivate the effect, 2) set the background layer and 3) activate effect again.