• Feature Request.
    Can you add the function to also Parent To. The same way you can just type in a number, The layer would be parented to.
    That would be wicked.

By the way. great script.
  • What a coincidence. I've been talking about a script like this for about 6 years. It's annoying when you have to move and scroll up the time line to move layers and this is exactly what I've thought of in terms of an idea.. FYI I use CS6. I just downloaded this and it seems to work fine though!

The parent to layer mentioned below was also an idea i had for this type of tool years ago. Massive time saver and no longer dragging pick whips, or Scrolling through hundreds of layers to select things. 

Could you make it a docable UI also (maybe you could just have a simple button select option rather than selecting the layer then running the script with it pre-selected)? I use multi monitors and also have tons of scripts on my second screen so i can just click on it and things are always to hand. I guess it could just be ran from a quick script launcher also, but sometimes its just easier to have the UI to hand.

FYI and it doesn't make a difference but just something I noticed was that the script file is huge compared to many other tools. In fact its the latest script file in my folder of 160 items by a large margin. No idea if this means anything or can slow things down for some people or not.
  • Another idea,

You could have a small selector option to just move up/down x number of rows (in case you have a bulk of layers and know its about x amount, could have a button next to the Duplicate items button to just change it to Up/Down (Text change on the left from "layer number" to just "number").

When i have a bunch of layers on the same timeline view, i find i use Ctrl+ {} a number of times for move local/near the same time repositioning. If the UI was docked could just have those layers selected, type in like 10 press ok and it shift them up/down.
  • is this script dockable ???
  • is this script dockable ???
    It is not a durable script. Move-To is a floating tool that can be opened with a shortcut, as noted in the readme.pdf.
  • Feature Request.
    Can you add the function to also Parent To. The same way you can just type in a number, The layer would be parented to.
    That would be wicked.

By the way. great script.
    Thanks, great idea, but we're not sure if this fits the tool.

We may add it to the tool in the future.
  • This is supposed to work with multiple layers, per the description, yet it only works with one at time. Why?