It's a script.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Is it a script or a plugin?
    Hi Filippo,

It's a script.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Thank you, then I'll definitely purchase it soon (I'm on apple silicon, and scripts work natively while plugins sometimes don't).
    Does it offer the same functionality as the videocopilot plugin "FX Console" (aka accessing and applying effects quickly with a shortcut without reaching the effects & presets panel)
  • Edgar,.. you are the man!

Will it be possible in a future update to also enable the coloured icons in the "regular list" view?
    Would be epic!

thanks man.
  • Is it a script or a plugin?
    Hi Filippo,

It's a script.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Thank you, then I'll definitely purchase it soon (I'm on apple silicon, and scripts work natively while plugins sometimes don't).
    Does it offer the same functionality as the videocopilot plugin "FX Console" (aka accessing and applying effects quickly with a shortcut without reaching the effects & presets panel)
    Yes, it does. It can do much more, please download the trial to see if it's what you need.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Edgar,.. you are the man!

Will it be possible in a future update to also enable the coloured icons in the "regular list" view?
    Would be epic!

thanks man.
    Hi Koen;

Thanks for the kind words and I hope you enjoy QM3. Regarding your request, unfortunately due to AE's scripting limitations that's not possible. Here's a workaroud though, you can rerender the iconswith a colored background to achieve the same look. Hope that helps
    :)

Cheers,
    Edgar 
  • This seems awesome, but on the latest After Effects version, running on latest Mac OS, the toolbar version of the UI causes the entire app to crash.

I invoke SM3, type 'wiggle' or anything to search, and then as soon as my mouse enters into the results, it hard crashes after effects. 
  • This seems awesome, but on the latest After Effects version, running on latest Mac OS, the toolbar version of the UI causes the entire app to crash.

I invoke SM3, type 'wiggle' or anything to search, and then as soon as my mouse enters into the results, it hard crashes after effects. 
    Hi Chris,

Sorry for the issue you are having with QM. Can you please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • After turning on the window, I tried to run anything and it came up like this.
    [Script Alert] 'Error : No ID for this command'

And
    I clicked on the "Open preferences" button and it popped up like this.
    [Script Alert]
    ERROR : @ID_x0000
                   Line : 75
                   ReferenceError: SHORTCUTS_fi.open function is not defined.

In other words, there's no function that works.

How can I use these functions?
    I was very happy to find this product.
    But it doesn't work at all.
    I want to fix it quickly and use it.
    Please help me.

(There may be a misunderstanding because it was translated using a translator.)
  • dumin jo said:
    After turning on the window, I tried to run anything and it came up like this.
    [Script Alert] 'Error : No ID for this command'

Hi Dumin,
    Sorry for this issue with QM  Can you please open a support ticket we'll folow up there.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • @Edgar, thanks for this new version.
    As a previous customer of version 2, i have already requested to add the .expr extension as it is used by other extensions/plugins.
    Can you please make this available in this version 3? aeviewer uses expr , would be great to have some kind of coherence.
    Thansk
  • toma ever said:
    @Edgar, thanks for this new version.
    As a previous customer of version 2, i have already requested to add the .expr extension as it is used by other extensions/plugins.
    Can you please make this available in this version 3? aeviewer uses expr , would be great to have some kind of coherence.
    Thansk
    Hi Toma,
    Can you please open a support ticket? so we can discuss this in more detail.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I'm trying to use the demo version and having an issue with running this script on the latest AE (22.2.1). Every time I execute it I receive the error "TypeError: null is not an object".
  • I'm trying to use the demo version and having an issue with running this script on the latest AE (22.2.1). Every time I execute it I receive the error "TypeError: null is not an object".
    Hi Addison,
    Sorry for the issue you're having with QM. Please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • can this launch mogrts?
  • can this launch mogrts?
    Hi Kamani,

Unfortunately, It can't. Maybe in a feature update

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi Edgar, I got interested with this script bec I'm looking for an alternative to FX Console that will work with the Apple Silicon version of AE. I've downloaded the trial version and installed it, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it appear with a shortcut. In FX Console, I would assign it to shift+tab. Can you assign a preferred shortcut? If not, what's the default shortcut for it to appear?
  • Hi Edgar, I got interested with this script bec I'm looking for an alternative to FX Console that will work with the Apple Silicon version of AE. I've downloaded the trial version and installed it, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it appear with a shortcut. In FX Console, I would assign it to shift+tab. Can you assign a preferred shortcut? If not, what's the default shortcut for it to appear?
    Hi Jerome,
    Yes, you can assign a preferred shortcut to QM. You have to use the AE's  shortcuts panel, in the user guide there's a small video on how to do it. If you need more help with that please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Trying the demo and I've got a few annoyances which would make this perfect if they were fixed.

1. If I initiate the quick menu either by mistake or decide not to add something. I have to either click the X in the corner or press ESC...I personally think if you click outside the box it should close the menu OR press the same shortcut I used to open it...

2. When I initiate the quick menu, if I open say my browser the menu hovers above everything I have to close it to get rid of it...Why does it not just stay inside AE?

3. Alot of scripts have no spaces in their names. I tend to type with spaces automatically so would be good if the script came up regardless. For example 'CopyPas....' brings up CopyPasteMarkers_v2.01.jsxbin WHERE 'Copy Pas...' brings up nothing...

Regardless this tool is like FX Console but on steroids'. If you added quick image export to JPG/PNG like FXConsole then it would be end of life for Video Copilot tool. 
  • Trying the demo and I've got a few annoyances which would make this perfect if they were fixed.

1. If I initiate the quick menu either by mistake or decide not to add something. I have to either click the X in the corner or press ESC...I personally think if you click outside the box it should close the menu OR press the same shortcut I used to open it...

2. When I initiate the quick menu, if I open say my browser the menu hovers above everything I have to close it to get rid of it...Why does it not just stay inside AE?

3. Alot of scripts have no spaces in their names. I tend to type with spaces automatically so would be good if the script came up regardless. For example 'CopyPas....' brings up CopyPasteMarkers_v2.01.jsxbin WHERE 'Copy Pas...' brings up nothing...

Regardless this tool is like FX Console but on steroids'. If you added quick image export to JPG/PNG like FXConsole then it would be end of life for Video Copilot tool. 
    Hi Michael ,
    Thank you for your suggestions to make QM a better tool.

1. I remember trying to implement this feature but it had some weird behaviour when trying to close the UI with the same shortcut. I'll try again and see if it's posible for the next update.

2. It's a ScriptUI bug. So there's little I can do about it.

3. I'm afraid that's not gonna be posible due to how the searching engine works. That would require a few more checks that might slow down its performance.

4. Please open a support ticket to discuss it in more detail.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Is this compatible with AE 22.3 running M1 Native?

Just purchased this script and am unable to get it to work.
    macOS Monterey 12.3.1
    Apple M1

\\File placed in//
    AE 22 > Scripts > 00 Quick Menu.jsxbin

\\After Effects//
    File > Run Script > 00 Quick Menu.jsxbin

ERROR : @ID_x0000
    Line : 256
    TypeError: null is not an object
  • Hi, does this work with AE 22.3 running on Apple Silicon / M1?
  • I run this on the latest AE Beta M1 Max without issue (22.4)

Decent replacement for the aging and not updated FXConsole.

Thanks

Instructions are included. Go to Keyboard shortcurts and search for 'Quick' - it will appear. Then select the space next to it underneath Shortcut. Then apply your shortcut. Done.
  • Hi,

I tried the demo and it's a great plugin but the main thing that is bothering me is the fact that you can't close the menu when you click outside the menu.

Can you add this in the next update?
  • [Deleted User] said:
    Hi,

I tried the demo and it's a great plugin but the main thing that is bothering me is the fact that you can't close the menu when you click outside the menu.

Hi Jaimy,
    Thanks for your suggestion to make QM a better tool. I'll see if that's possible.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Looking for alternative to FX console, looks like this is the one. Main missing feature comparing to FX console is the taking screenshots, any plan on adding it in the next update?
  • Looking for alternative to FX console, looks like this is the one. Main missing feature comparing to FX console is the taking screenshots, any plan on adding it in the next update?
    Hi Allen,
    Thanks for the suggestion to make QM  a better tool. That feature is on my TO DO list, if you have any idea on how it should be implemented please open a support ticket and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • One of my favorite -and constantly used- things in FX Console, is once I bring it up, I have shortcuts I can hit with a single number, and they apply.  For example, I ctrl+space to bring it up, then just hit "1" and boom, Curves added to the layer.  And I can do this for presets as well.

Is this possible?
  • One of my favorite -and constantly used- things in FX Console, is once I bring it up, I have shortcuts I can hit with a single number, and they apply.  For example, I ctrl+space to bring it up, then just hit "1" and boom, Curves added to the layer.  And I can do this for presets as well.

Is this possible?
    Hi Ben,
    You can assign a shortcut to any command in Quick Menu, but there's small difference, it must be used with a modifier. For instance to replicate your example in QM, Ctrl+Space to launch QM then Ctrl+1 to apply the curves effect. Hope that helps and if you need more help setting up command shortcuts please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar  

Is this possible?
    Hi Ben,
    You can assign a shortcut to any command in Quick Menu, but there's small difference, it must be used with a modifier. For instance to replicate your example in QM, Ctrl+Space to launch QM then Ctrl+1 to apply the curves effect. Hope that helps and if you need more help setting up command shortcuts please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar  
    Thank you, I'll give this a try.  It's been so nice to just have the number keys on their own (I know in reality it's minimal hand movement to add Ctrl, but it's what I'm used to).  Thank you for your response.
    Ben
  • Is there any way to import expressions to QM's expression templates?

Many thanks.
  • ole sturm said:
    Is there any way to import expressions to QM's expression templates?

Many thanks.
    Hi Ole,
    Unfortunately, there is no such thing :(.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I can't find a list of the icons & what they mean in the supplemental material. When I search Adjustment Layer there's a layer icon & what looks like a light switch Icon. I can't find any information on what the light switch icon means anywhere, is there a list somewhere? 
  • I can't find a list of the icons & what they mean in the supplemental material. When I search Adjustment Layer there's a layer icon & what looks like a light switch Icon. I can't find any information on what the light switch icon means anywhere, is there a list somewhere? 
    Hi David,
    Please go to the following location:

WIN: "C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\AEAssistant Scripts\Quick Menu\3.0\Icons"

MAC : "/Users/USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/AEAssistant Scripts/Quick Menu/3.0/Icons"

In this folder you will find all the icons that are installed by default, the name of the icons correspond to the command or command group. Unfortunately in AE some menu commands have the same name, as is the case in your example the one with the layer icon correspond to the "Adjustment Layer" menu command located at "Layer/New /Adjustment Layer " the second one is located at "Layer/Switches/Adjustment Layer " that's why the switch light icon. If you have more questions about it please open support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi, you've done a great script-plugin! And previous version works great on macbook on AE 2021, but New version for some reason has stopped excecute my expressions. It seems that just after installation - all was working fine. Now so important feature, that was key advantage for me vs free FX Console is inactive(((( Changing the Expression Engine in Project settings (Javascript / Legecy) – do nothing.
    wiggle(10,60)so it's not enough just to copy all expressions files from previous version of Quick Menu, but we need manually re-create them through new Expression Templates system within Quick Menu preferences. 
    This is not a big problem, but I was confused and have spent few hours on all these investigations.
  • Hi, you've done .....
    Hi Dmytro,
    Sorry to hear that!. Unfortunately it was a necessary change in order to implement new features for the expression templates. 

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • On latest version of AE and apply filter doesnt seem to work when trying to reveal "path" on shape layers
  • On latest version of AE and apply filter doesnt seem to work when trying to reveal "path" on shape layers
    Hi Barnaby,
    Sorry for not replying earlier!. Can you please open a support ticket?

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Great script Edgar! For me a must have!
    On AE beta though, I get an error every time I open it, which makes it totally unusable:

ERROR: @ID_x000
    Line: 256
    TypeError: null is not an object
  • Hi Davide,

Sorry for the issue you're having with QM!. Can you please open a support ticket?

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • [Deleted User] said:
    Hi,

Seconding this!
  • Hello Edgar, you never answered previous comments from other user below, Is the script compatible AE M1 ? 22.6 ? Thank you . This will drive my purchase decision.
  • Hello Edgar, you never answered previous comments from other user below, Is the script compatible AE M1 ? 22.6 ? Thank you . This will drive my purchase decision.
    Hi Reda,
    As far as I know, it works fine on M1 as well as in the latest AE update. You can download the trial version if you want test it.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment. I have installed QM through the AE Scripts app, but can't find QM in After Effects. It should be in the window menu with all of my other scripts, correct?

Can you please help?

• I'm feeling pretty stupid at the moment. I have installed QM through the AE Scripts app, but can't find QM in After Effects. It should be in the window menu with all of my other scripts, correct?

Can you please help?

Hi Suzanne,

You should find it in the File/Scripts submenu.

Cheers,
    Edgar

Can you please help?

Hi Suzanne,

You should find it in the File/Scripts submenu.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Well! Thanks so much Edgar! I should have thought to look there! I'm excited about Quick Menu!

• Hello Edgar !

I love Quickmenu, I think it's the best script ever created for After Effects with Mt. Motion.
    Thanks for the upgrade, there's some very useful now features !

However, I have a small issue... I had a lot of complex expressions stored in the Expression template and a lot of presets too. I can't access them anymore since the V3 update. Is there anyway to recover them ?

Thanks for your help !

Thibault
  • Hello Edgar !

I love Quickmenu, I think it's the best script ever created for After Effects with Mt. Motion.
    Thanks for the upgrade, there's some very useful now features !

However, I have a small issue... I had a lot of complex expressions stored in the Expression template and a lot of presets too. I can't access them anymore since the V3 update. Is there anyway to recover them ?

Thanks for your help !

Thibault
    Hi Thibault,
    Sorry for the issue you are having with QM. Can you please open a support ticket?

Thanks,
    Edgar