PATTOON 2 Texture & Displace

• imagePATTOON 2 Texture & Displace

Texture mapping in Adobe After Effects is finally made easy with PATTOON. Get direct layer access to your textures from Creative Cloud Libraries, Photoshop and more plus a bunch of extra features, textures and presets for all your designing needs. We put in some work so you can create even more stunning visuals more easily. See for yourself what the new and improved features in PATTOON 2 can do. Mix & match to create even more versatile effects. We can't wait to see what you can do with it.

https://aescripts.com/pattoon/

• Been waiting for this one for some time. Really excited!
    Just bought it and will update you guys about how it works in the Mac Book pro M1.
    Hope you made all those improvements we talked about back in January!
    Cheers guys!
  • Thanks Marcelo! The plugin is made for M1 and should work propper :-) - but let me know your experience with it! 
    Cheers Oliver
  • Hi Oliver,

I asked you how to link the texture rotation to a shape layer with version 1.6 and you said that that was going to be fixed in version 2.0. I still cant figure this out. Can you help me with that?
  • Just bought it was well,  I really like it, the only thing (right now:) ) I would like to see is a gradient remapper.
  • Just bought it was well,  I really like it, the only thing (right now:) ) I would like to see is a gradient remapper.
    Can you explain what you exactly mean? may i can make a tutorial on that? :-)
    Cheers
    Oliver
  • Hi Oliver,

I asked you how to link the texture rotation to a shape layer with version 1.6 and you said that that was going to be fixed in version 2.0. I still cant figure this out. Can you help me with that?

Hi Jerry,

as in the Support Ticket mentioned we did take this. So the problem with shape layers is that Adobe did not send any information’s back to the SDK. So we are not able to track coordination’s and lock down the texture on a shape. As soon as the SDK is handling that it we will implement this feature. Thanks for your suggestions and support!

Cheers
    Oliver
    I would like to be able to remap the image (from black to white) to an independent  full color gradient, black on left white on right.  For instance you could convert the black and white turbulence to a  full color gradient (hopefully with many "points" or "triggers" along the gradient.  There a a few plugins that do it, bfx Map Ramp, and Potok (less so since this is self contained).
    Cheers
    Oliver
    I would like to be able to remap the image (from black to white) to an independent  full color gradient, black on left white on right.  For instance you could convert the black and white turbulence to a  full color gradient (hopefully with many "points" or "triggers" along the gradient.  There a a few plugins that do it, bfx Map Ramp, and Potok (less so since this is self contained).

Oh i got you :-) this could be a nice feature for an update to style the turbulence. What you can do if you have one of those plugins, you can pipe them thru the Layer channel instead of the map to get the result. 

• Hey, is Pattoon 2 compatible with 3D layers?
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Hey, is Pattoon 2 compatible with 3D layers?
    Yes you can apply Pattoon to 3d Layers. But depending on your requirements PLEASE check out the Trail Version!

Cheers
    Oliver
  • One of the best plugins I have ever bought. It is much more than one plugin. Works seamlessly in M1 MacBook Pro.
    I absolutely recommend it. And I don't get paid for saying this.
    Guys! Keep it up! What a great product you have here!
  • Any tutorial or template on how to create the glitch effect with the woman in the water?
    Great product by the way!!

• This plugin is amazing. It's really going to help spruce up a package that was limited to color for a certain time.

Is there a way to access Pattern Texture File paths via expressions?  

I have a folder that I want Pattoon to make it's own random selections from.
  • This plugin is amazing. It's really going to help spruce up a package that was limited to color for a certain time.

Is there a way to access Pattern Texture File paths via expressions?  

I have a folder that I want Pattoon to make it's own random selections from.
    Hi Jason, can you send me your mailadress, so i can make a video and help you out :-) (or open a supportticket) 
    i think its the easyest way !
  • Any tutorial or template on how to create the glitch effect with the woman in the water?
    Great product by the way!!

You have 4 Glitch presets with pattoon, simply drop it on :-) 

or this should give you an idea how to - if not let me knoe i can mak a Quick tip on that !

• One of the best plugins I have ever bought. It is much more than one plugin. Works seamlessly in M1 MacBook Pro.
    I absolutely recommend it. And I don't get paid for saying this.
    Guys! Keep it up! What a great product you have here!
    Thanks for this awsome feedback !!!!! 
  • First of all, a great tool set.
    It would be nice to have a Reset feature in the Turbulence as well as Displace sections as there are so many controls, and one often needs to go back to default values.
  • Hi, great plugin! (Would be nice to get 2023 compatiblity.)
  • Hi, great plugin! (Would be nice to get 2023 compatiblity.)
    Ho Sorry we did not mark that - it is 2023 compatible as same as M1 Chip :-) thanks for the Feedback !!
  • Hi, super great tool!!! What I miss is to lock the texture on 3D shapes/text. Or how is the workflow for that without pre comp?
  • doesn't work in AE 2024 :(
  • doesn't work in AE 2024 :(

What issue exactly are you experiencing? 

Have you installed it in 2024? In the aescripts + aeplugins manager app right-click and select 'Custom Installation' and make sure you are installing into the same version of After Effects that you are using. You might need to uninstall first. Please restart after installing.

If you still need assistance please open a support ticket and include as much detail as possible. The more details you can provide including screenshots the more likely we will be able to assist you.
  • Thank you! Custom Installation worked.