• It seems as if VectorBox isn’t dockable. Does it sound familiar?
  • @Maurice Leenen - thanks for bringing this to my attention, I have reproduced the problem on my end and am working on it. Very sorry you're unable to dock the script in the meantime.
  • @Maurice the issue has been fixed. Download the latest version (1.1) to start docking VectorBox. Cheers!
  • Hey Brendan, this is a great tool.

I watched the beginner tutorial and I'm wondering if there's a way to utilize each face of the box as either a matte, or as a parent. So for example, if I wanted to add a logo or text to the front face - is that possible? 

Thanks!
  • @Jes thanks! Yep - I just gave it a shot and here are the steps if you were to attach a layer to the Front face of the box.
    • Put your logo layer inside the box composition
    • Make sure your logo layer is set to 3D
    • Parent the logo layer to the "Front" layer
    • Make sure the logo layer's rotation is zeroed out
    • To center your logo layer on the "Front" layer, set the position to 50,50,-1
    The reason for the XYZ being 50,50,-1:
    •  50,50 is because all face layers are 100x100 - so 50,50 places your logo layer at the very center of the "Front" layer
    • -1 in Z-space ensures that the "Front" layer will stay behind your logo layer - and they won't compete for the same z-space.
    Hope that works for you!
  • Amazing, thanks so much! Appreciate the quick response!
  • @Jes no problem, enjoy and thanks for grabbing this tool!
  • Hi, just purchased this without noticing that it's not updated for AE 2023 yet. Will there be an update soon?
  • @Cindy sorry I will amend the description to notify users that it isn't updated for 2023 yet. It unfortunately won't be soon, hopefully early next year.