Pre-Compose Geek
  • do u have a proper tutorial?
  • Hi,

While we're doing our best to release a proper tutorial soon, you may find our demo video (at the product page) describing the features at a glance, it is recommended to watch as it may answer some of your questions. You may also find our FAQ page useful.

Thank you for being interest!

MotionGeeks.com
  • Is there a way it can figure out if a layer that's about to get pre-comped is referencing or being referenced by another layer's expression? (And have it smartly re-link the expressions?)
  • Hi Navarro,
    Happy to know your using the script and hopefully find it useful, at the moment Pre-Compose Geek doesn't supports re-linking expressions, the main reason we haven't done that yet is since the script was targeted to be used just after importing the editing timeline, we'll be happy if you could describe the scenario you find appropriate for re-linking the expressions.
    Saying that, we'll certainly consider adding that feature on the next versions of Pre-Compose Geek, i
    f you have any other thoughts about how the script can serve you better be sure to let us know, your feedback is very much appreciated!
    BTW, in case you need any other script or plugin to serve whatever purpose I believe we can help, as we offer software development services too.
  • This script makes the Premiere-->AE workflow a breeze!  One click and everything is neatly organized and arranged in pre-comps.  Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks Geeks! 
  • Hi Sean,

Happy to know your using the script and hopefully find it useful, your feedback is very much appreciated!

Erez, 
  • We are using PreCompose Geek on a feature film to help with conforming RED footage.  It works great and saved us from having someone PreComp thousands of footage layers.

Thanks!
  • Trying the trial on AE CC.  It doesn't appear to work at all.  Any update?
  • Hi Tobias,

Thanks for pointing this out, it seems that AE CC isn't fully compatible with scripts developed for previous AE versions. We are planned to release version 2 of Pre-Compose in the next few weeks, we'll make sure it supports AE CC.

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Erez,
  • To all Pre-Compose Geek v1 users: 

The new version allows "Leave all Attributes" when pre-composing