• nice looking plugin, nice features.

sorry but I have to point out that the name is... offensive surely to some.  

The Sherpa people are an ethnic group.  Common western mis-guided thought is that 'a Sherpa' is just someone who is a guide, like any other job.

Like LayerRanger or LayerCurrior.

Instead the name is more like LayerHindu or LayerTamil etc...
  • nice looking plugin, nice features.

sorry but I have to point out that the name is... offensive surely to some.  

The Sherpa people are an ethnic group.  Common western mis-guided thought is that 'a Sherpa' is just someone who is a guide, like any other job.

Like LayerRanger or LayerCurrior.

Instead the name is more like LayerHindu or LayerTamil etc...
    This was my exact first thought when I saw the plugin.
  • just bought it, spend 40 bucks but i do not find it very intuitive to use.
    bought it mainly to have a extensive and easy panel for 3d alignment and distribution.
    can you add the regular icons for distrbution and alignment please?
  • just bought it, spend 40 bucks but i do not find it very intuitive to use.
    bought it mainly to have a extensive and easy panel for 3d alignment and distribution.
    can you add the regular icons for distrbution and alignment please?
    Hey there, Mr. Powers, and thank you for your support. I'm sorry that you don't find Layer Sherpa immediately intuitive. There's not really a 1:1 comparison between align/distribution in Adobe's Align panel or I'd be more likely to consider what you've requested. To clarify: Adobe has 3 methods of vertical and 3 horizontal distribution (none of which work well imho), and mine is set up with only one option for X, Y, or Z that distributes with equal spacing between layers. Adobe's Align panel is similar with 3 vertical and 3 horizontal for both composition and selection (even though the selection alignment has never worked properly). Because Layer Sherpa's hotkeys can alter the alignment standard, outside area, grouped, and constrained axis using the icons they have doesn't quite work out. If and when they support retina displays, I'll absolutely update the UI to be more visual but the stretched pixel buttons everywhere really bothered me. Just to note, I am dabbling with SVG solutions but have not yet gotten things to work as expected.

Please make sure that you have tooltips/helptips enabled. These are dynamic and should be a welcome reminder as you get better acquainted with the script.

• Hey there, Mr. Powers, and thank you for your support. I'm sorry that you don't find Layer Sherpa immediately intuitive. There's not really a 1:1 comparison between align/distribution in Adobe's Align panel or I'd be more likely to consider what you've requested. To clarify: Adobe has 3 methods of vertical and 3 horizontal distribution (none of which work well imho), and mine is set up with only one option for X, Y, or Z that distributes with equal spacing between layers. Adobe's Align panel is similar with 3 vertical and 3 horizontal for both composition and selection (even though the selection alignment has never worked properly). Because Layer Sherpa's hotkeys can alter the alignment standard, outside area, grouped, and constrained axis using the icons they have doesn't quite work out. If and when they support retina displays, I'll absolutely update the UI to be more visual but the stretched pixel buttons everywhere really bothered me. Just to note, I am dabbling with SVG solutions but have not yet gotten things to work as expected.

Please make sure that you have tooltips/helptips enabled. These are dynamic and should be a welcome reminder as you get better acquainted with the script.

Hi Ty, thank you for your response!
    "Adobe has 3 methods of vertical and 3 horizontal distribution (none of which work well imho)"
    Indeed, this is exactly what i was hoping to find it here. Just a simple layout for alignment and distribution that just works both in 2 and 3d.
    Maybe in the future, I will be on the lookout :)
  • LS is a veritable Swiss Army Knife of functionality. After pouring over the documentation here and testing the features against my current workflow, I've found it to be a HUGE time saver. In short, LS seems to have a solve for all those little "by hand" tweaks that bog down production. I'd encourage anyone to grab the free version and work through the documentation and see what it can do for your own process.
  • LS is a veritable Swiss Army Knife of functionality. After pouring over the documentation here and testing the features against my current workflow, I've found it to be a HUGE time saver. In short, LS seems to have a solve for all those little "by hand" tweaks that bog down production. I'd encourage anyone to grab the free version and work through the documentation and see what it can do for your own process.
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Charles! I'm thrilled to hear that Layer Sherpa is integrating well into your workflow. Take care! 
  • any plans for an updated version?
  • any plans for an updated version?
    Yes! Please forgive the delay. A number of things to note, though: 1.) Layer Sherpa continues to work brilliantly for me in my own workflow, so I haven’t felt an immediate need to update. 2.) I’d like to first release my other two completed and approved scripts, PS Layers and Switchboard, but I haven’t had the energy to create marketing for them and a site here on aescripts.com. 3.) Work has been kicking my butt with some massive projects that have taken up to 14 hours a day for a bit. 4.) I’d like to improve the icon display, but the way that’s coded is challenging for me to wrap my head around (it’s a bit hacky) and Adobe hasn’t made that straightforward for developers. The default way will result in blurry icons on retina displays. As a way to both apologize and show gratitude for those who have supported me by purchasing Layer Sherpa, I’m going to give free licenses to both PS Layers and Switchboard when released. Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding!
  • please update to be compatible with Ae24.  this plug in saves me so much time, I can't work without it!
  • please update to be compatible with Ae24.  this plug in saves me so much time, I can't work without it!
    It should work in 2024. If you have a technical issue, please open a support ticket instead.