BS_CompositingBundle 2
  • You know what would be handy in that video tab? An example of a finished video showcasing the effect, rather than just a tutorial.
  • I purchased this effect and set matte does not seem to recognize the alpha channel of another layer. The plugin turns the desired image either entirely "on" or "off" regardless of what image is referenced.

Tried this many times referencing several different images with known alphas and the result was always the same.

Would very much like it to work but I believe it is suffering from a serious bug.

MAC OSX 10.8.3
    AE6

*Edit* Working with this a bit more it works perfectly if I precompose, however I need it to work on layers of differing size and even between 3d & 2d layers within a single timeline without precomposing.
  • These look like very powerful plugins, but I find the one tutorial video very confusing. In the first part, there are as many as three active instances of one plugin on the same layer. I find it hard to follow everything the demonstrator says, as only one instance of the effect is shown at any one time. Are there other tutorials for these plugins that explain it slowly, and in more detail?
  • Just bought this and it doesn't seem to work with my illustrator layers.

Seems as it don't understand the layers alpha channel – the result I get is a corner that has nothing to do with the original shape. 

Is this a known bug? Do I have to precompose everything? Or just use bitmap images? Refund?
  • We indeed had issues with proper recognizing of Alpha Channel but this has been solved in January 2013. Please make sure that you are using the latest version which is 2.2. If you are using this version and still encounter issues please let me know, I'll do my best to help you.
  • Pixel Bender? That means no CC support. Bummer! I could really use a proper Set Matte plugin.
  • Pixel Bender? That means no CC support. Bummer! I could really use a proper Set Matte plugin.
    It is a native plugin now, works great in CC